• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

weather

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
What kind of monkey wrench will the weather throw into the game?

Will the field be icy with bad footing?

Will the football be too hard to throw and catch?

Who does this benefit? I'm worried the 49ers will be less used to it or prepared for it than GB.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it is cold and windy it is GREAT for the 49ers, Kaep can still run like a RB and we have better and more physical defense

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
no one has an advantage when it is -4

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every time I turn on ESPN its 5 degrees colder in Green Bay on Sunday. Now I'm hearing -5 to -10 degrees with wind chill at -30. I'm not buying it. I think its media hype. I bet they show up and its about 10 degrees with no wind. They should be fine.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Every time I turn on ESPN its 5 degrees colder in Green Bay on Sunday. Now I'm hearing -5 to -10 degrees with wind chill at -30. I'm not buying it. I think its media hype. I bet they show up and its about 10 degrees with no wind. They should be fine.

Weather forcast has definitely gotten worse, although theyre not really over reacting though.

This morning it is -10 degrees here. Brutal.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knowing how to throw in that weather will be a huge plus for GB. However if the OL cant protect Rodgers or open up holes for Lacy it might be a moot point.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think so since I believe the field is heated.

Correct. There are pipes under the turf that has heated water running through it. However heating the ground to combat the cold can sometimes make the footing iffy.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Green Bay won't necessarily benefit from cold weather in playoffs - latimes.com

Anytime you get to the negatives in terms of temperature it's just plain miserable for both teams.

If it were the Saints I would say the weather would be a factor but considering our team's construction I don't think the weather will be all that detrimental and you could make an argument it might be beneficial.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Kaep will be the most affected. I say this because it seems like he throws every one of his passes 100mph. If he doesnt put some touch on I could easily see a couple of tipped INTs.

Now im not saying he doesnt have touch...it just seems like he doesnt use it.

Thoughts?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weather forcast has definitely gotten worse, although theyre not really over reacting though.

This morning it is -10 degrees here. Brutal.

I think extreme cold like that benefits the inferior offensive club because it makes it hard for everyone and evens things out. The 49ers are clearly the inferior offensive team with Rodgers back in the fold for GB so I'd say "Advantage 49ers". Wouldn't you?

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I think Kaep will be the most affected. I say this because it seems like he throws every one of his passes 100mph. If he doesnt put some touch on I could easily see a couple of tipped INTs.

Now im not saying he doesnt have touch...it just seems like he doesnt use it.

Thoughts?

The issue for the Pack is the weather diminishes the passing game for both teams and the Packers are going to need a big day from Rodgers to win.

On the flip side the 9ers don't need a big day from Kaepernick because the Packer's defense isn't that good. The 9ers could pound the ball with the run and have a sub 200 yard passing game from Kap and still win.

So unless the conditions are windy where you would want a rocket arm to power passes through the weather will affect Kap more than Rodgers mainly because Rodgers is just a better passer right now.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no one has an advantage when it is -4

-4 will be the temp without the wind chill. Weather forecasts this morning are saying this will be the coldest weather Wisconsin has had in the last 10 years and it will be hitting us on Sunday. The winds of 10 to 20 mph will cause wind chills of -35 to -55 degrees. The report say frostbite can occur in 5 to 10 minutes. This information was gotten just now from the WeatherBug website using Green Bay as the location. This is going to be nasty. This will be "Ice Bowl 2"

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh I agree that the Packers need to hit bit plays in the passing game. I just think that Kaep maybe tries to muscle that ball when throwing and that could lead to tipped passes. Well maybe deflected is a better word, as in that he throws that ball too hard and the WR cant hang on and the ball goes up into the air. Similar to Rodgers second pick against the Bears last week.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has an NFL game ever been postponed due to weather like this?

I don't think so and I know these guys will tough it out as always.

But any ideas if the NFL monitors this and can decide to reschedule? Again I highly doubt it as it will be cold for months there. But just curious if there is any hazards in this. What was the coldest game ever? The ice bowl?

I'm not advocating they postpone the game. Just really curious if they would ever postpone it. As it seems to be getting colder and colder as the days go by.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What kind of monkey wrench will the weather throw into the game?

Will the field be icy with bad footing?

Will the football be too hard to throw and catch?

Who does this benefit? I'm worried the 49ers will be less used to it or prepared for it than GB.

It should benefit us more because we have a better Oline, Dline and Running game.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'd advocate a postpone but when does the weather start to rise? i was thinking MNF but won't matter if it doesn't lighten up.....

the minute i'm reading frostbite can happen, both teams n fans should not be put in that position.

I'm all for weathered/various conditions games but this is harmful cold....

Again i wonder what the GB facilities will do to aid in combating this cold in the stadium? sh*t is anything going to work in that?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'd advocate a postpone but when does the weather start to rise? i was thinking MNF but won't matter if it doesn't lighten up.....

the minute i'm reading frostbite can happen, both teams n fans should not be put in that position.

I'm all for weathered/various conditions games but this is harmful cold....

Again i wonder what the GB facilities will do to aid in combating this cold in the stadium? sh*t is anything going to work in that?

One of the famous Cowboy D Linemen, I think it was Leroy Jordan, said his feet were never the same again after the Ice Bowl loss to the Packers. He said his toes hurt for the rest of his life.