• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

weather

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the famous Cowboy D Linemen, I think it was Leroy Jordan, said his feet were never the same again after the Ice Bowl loss to the Packers. He said his toes hurt for the rest of his life.

Perhaps weather should be part of the NFL Player Safety policy.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of his best games was against the Pats in the snow. Kap will be fine.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if this is headed towards GB, but I have no idea what's coming out of the sky right now in MN. Best description I have is Sneet......snow +sleet.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
snow isn't the problem...

its the bloody potential -50 that should be a concern lol

TheNinerMind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think it benefits the 49ers only because they rotate so many players into the game. The key to the weather is who can stay protected the most. The 49ers rotate so many separate packages on offense, that they should be able to keep more players warm on the sideline.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the famous Cowboy D Linemen, I think it was Leroy Jordan, said his feet were never the same again after the Ice Bowl loss to the Packers. He said his toes hurt for the rest of his life.

Luckily the passage has time has lead to technological advancements in heating Lambeau field, protective equipment, sideline heaters, treating & preventing injuries, etc. I'm sure players will be as safe as the NFL can possibly make happen since people don't simply get mad at personal injuries or misfortunes anymore, they get litigious.

No player will lose a toe to the cold weather or anything like that because the NFL truly cares about (the current financial value and future profitably opportunities of) its players.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you've experienced being outside for any period of time in -0 degree weather you'd realize that it can be difficult to simply concentrate on anything other than thinking "FUCK IT'S COLD!" This isn't something that benefits one team over the other, but I can see some mental mistakes being made tomorrow just because of a lapse in concentration due to bitter cold. Could be a game where a turnover or quick missed coverage decides the outcome, and IMO that should concern SF fans because I think without the weather factor you guys dominate GB. I think the weather will even the playing field a bit and give the 9ers the disadvantage of not having an advantage because of the indiscretion of the cold. It affects both teams equally.

Last edited by a moderator:

CakesW

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly think the 49'ers are going to be fine weather wise, in this game....

After a certain point... It's no longer an advantage for the Packers... It's just as cold... and I think it favors a team that doesn't have to rely as much on the running game.

I think this game is going to have a bunch of turnovers though... I just think that San Francisco is more built for a ground and pound game than the Packers are at this point.

joshuar56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the weather will take the crowd out of it a bit also. Which will definitely help Kaep at the line.

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I was in the air force, I was on a temporary duty assignment in upstate NY during Jan/Feb working on NORAD. There was a span of about four or five days where temps dropped down to -5 to the -10 range. I remember walking outside to the mess hall and within five or ten minutes, my lungs were on fire. How in the hell do these guys play in those temps? I must turn in my man card immediately.

joshuar56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I was 20 years old, I worked in a grocery warehouse in the freezer section. The freezer alone was almost 100k square feet (the enitre ware house was a million square). It was always between -15 and -25 in there. We had to wear special suits while we worked, felt like an astronaut suiting up. Time seemed to slow down while you were in there. You could spit and it would be frozen by the time it would hit the ground. Guys would get sick from coming out and into the 80 degree warehouse in the summer they would drop like flies. If I were a fan, there's no damn way I would choose to watch it live vs the comfort of my home.

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
When I was in the air force, I was on a temporary duty assignment in upstate NY during Jan/Feb working on NORAD. There was a span of about four or five days where temps dropped down to -5 to the -10 range. I remember walking outside to the mess hall and within five or ten minutes, my lungs were on fire. How in the hell do these guys play in those temps? I must turn in my man card immediately.

And I have been ski touring at night at -30. Enjoyed it and had no problems. Of course we did not stay out for 3 hours, probably not even one. I suspect with all the heating devices they are going to have it will not be a huge problem, worst for handling the ball and kicking it.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Aaron Rodgers - QB - Packers

The forecast for Lambeau Field in Green Bay is calling for temperatures in the single digits throughout Sunday afternoon's 49ers-Packers playoff game.

The game has a 4:40 PM ET kickoff. Weather.com projects it to be near 5 degrees when the game starts, with a wind chill near -14 degrees, and it will only get colder. Winds will be whipping at 18-19 MPH. There's a 20-30 percent chance of snow during the game. Normally, a cold game would favor the Packers, but this is insanely frigid. Neither team may have a real edge.
Source: weather.com

Jan 5 - 9:05 AM

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron Rodgers - QB - Packers

The forecast for Lambeau Field in Green Bay is calling for temperatures in the single digits throughout Sunday afternoon's 49ers-Packers playoff game.

The game has a 4:40 PM ET kickoff. Weather.com projects it to be near 5 degrees when the game starts, with a wind chill near -14 degrees, and it will only get colder. Winds will be whipping at 18-19 MPH. There's a 20-30 percent chance of snow during the game. Normally, a cold game would favor the Packers, but this is insanely frigid. Neither team may have a real edge.
Source: weather.com

Jan 5 - 9:05 AM

How do you figure?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps weather should be part of the NFL Player Safety policy.

I'm bettin' some yahoo gets frostbite in the stands and successfully sues the NFL for negligence for not postponing the game and then it does become part of the pussified NFL safety policy.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luckily the passage has time has lead to technological advancements in heating Lambeau field, protective equipment, sideline heaters, treating & preventing injuries, etc. I'm sure players will be as safe as the NFL can possibly make happen since people don't simply get mad at personal injuries or misfortunes anymore, they get litigious.

No player will lose a toe to the cold weather or anything like that because the NFL truly cares about (the current financial value and future profitably opportunities of) its players.

Its not the players they have to worry about, its the fans being put in an "unsafe' environment like that cold ass concrete floor and metal benches they have in the stands. Somehow some smart lawyer will make this the NFL's fault and win a huge lawsuit.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I was 20 years old, I worked in a grocery warehouse in the freezer section. The freezer alone was almost 100k square feet (the enitre ware house was a million square). It was always between -15 and -25 in there. We had to wear special suits while we worked, felt like an astronaut suiting up. Time seemed to slow down while you were in there. You could spit and it would be frozen by the time it would hit the ground. Guys would get sick from coming out and into the 80 degree warehouse in the summer they would drop like flies. If I were a fan, there's no damn way I would choose to watch it live vs the comfort of my home.

Why on earth would they waste money doing that when food freezes at 32 degrees?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way over-hyped as I thought. I didn't see anything that either team was not able to do the way they normally do.

joshuar56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why on earth would they waste money doing that when food freezes at 32 degrees?

No idea for sure, but I think they wanted the temperatures of everything in there particularly cold so that it wouldn't melt/heat up by the time it arrived where ever it was going. We also had to pack dry ice on top of the pallets when they were filled.