• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

We signed a Tackle

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He certainly stays on his blocks longer than anybody I've seen. That will be harder against the League's BEST D Linemen.

ONEPANTHERSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He certainly stays on his blocks longer than anybody I've seen. That will be harder against the League's BEST D Linemen.

Make no mistakes, this guy is raw, but there is potential. I'd still like us to bring Wharton back just to help stabilize the line with another veteran presence or at least get Gross to work with him. He was the 5th overall pick in the CFL draft and if you look at his measurables he stacks up favorably with most of the OT's that were available to us in the 1st through 3rd rounds. IDK how Canadian College Football stacks up to the US in terms of level of play or preparing guys for the NFL. I doubt it's like the SEC but hopefully along the lines of a Big 12 or PAC 12, maybe ACC or AAC. At worst, I don't think it's any lower than a good FCS program. I saw where he almost went to East Carolina but there was a problem with NCAA regulations.

In any case, to misquote Gettleman, "you can't teach 6'8" 320." He's going to take a lot of work. But here's hoping.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Make no mistakes, this guy is raw, but there is potential. I'd still like us to bring Wharton back just to help stabilize the line with another veteran presence or at least get Gross to work with him. He was the 5th overall pick in the CFL draft and if you look at his measurables he stacks up favorably with most of the OT's that were available to us in the 1st through 3rd rounds. IDK how Canadian College Football stacks up to the US in terms of level of play or preparing guys for the NFL. I doubt it's like the SEC but hopefully along the lines of a Big 12 or PAC 12, maybe ACC or AAC. At worst, I don't think it's any lower than a good FCS program. I saw where he almost went to East Carolina but there was a problem with NCAA regulations.

In any case, to misquote Gettleman, "you can't teach 6'8" 320." He's going to take a lot of work. But here's hoping.

well one of the biggest differences is that in canada everyone plays a yard off the ball. so there is this nomans land between everyone on the offensive and deffensive lines. Gaydosh talked about how that was a big difference between Canada football and American. everything happens quicker in the NFL cause they are right on top of you at the snap, guy is Raw but has got talent. we shall see. Looks alot like a Rt to me

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well one of the biggest differences is that in canada everyone plays a yard off the ball. so there is this nomans land between everyone on the offensive and deffensive lines. Gaydosh talked about how that was a big difference between Canada football and American. everything happens quicker in the NFL cause they are right on top of you at the snap, guy is Raw but has got talent. we shall see. Looks alot like a Rt to me

I agree with most of this, but we'll see.

Be interesting to see what Gaydosh can do this year, too. On the O side, got Silatolu and Kulbiga coming off IR. With Trai Turner in the mix, we should at least have some depth (if or if-not quality) at guard.

To OP, I read this, before the draft: For Panthers OTAs about moving forward - NFL Nation Blog - ESPN

Kalil is excited about the prospects along the line, including the possibility of drafting a tackle with the 28th pick. He also made a plea for the team to re-sign left guard Travelle Wharton, who is contemplating retirement if Carolina's doesn't make an offer.

"I'd be more excited if we had Travelle coming back," Kalil admitted. "I'd feel good about having a young guy next to an older guy like that.

"So if you can write, 'Travelle, Ryan wants to know.' I text him, 'One more year,' and he won't respond back to me. So if you can let him know that I'm waiting for him to return my calls.''
I don't know if they're going to give the other guys a look, before offering Travelle.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
great depth at guard, not so much at tackle. Kulbiga needs to stay healthy, early returns are his right kneed may be a problem.