• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

We need more speed on the O side

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if he does change the play, it's to one that is pre-approved by coaches.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what proof? lets see, now many times do you see Manning or Brady cover his earholes to listen to the call coming in over the speaker like about 28 other NFL quarterbacks (some of them elite) Its to the line and point fingers. They snap the ball far before the limit where the mike is dead. I guess thats the coordinator telling them what to do.

We can go back to our days of playing parking lot or field football pickup games. My receiver was Steve. No matter what, I threw the ball as far as I could and he found a way to get there. That is the speed receiver Jay needs. Not a perfectly led throw in stride, but the ball is coming down at the 5 yard line, beat your man, get there and catch it. The truly great receivers find a way to make that seem in stride and with Jeffrey and Marshall always getting the safety attention, its a great one on one opportunity. If the safety chases the fast guy, its almost no contest when Marshall is one on one and that is gonna be a completion.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think speed is overrated. We just got Adam Gase as our OC. Who on Denver's offense had great speed? Neither Thomas, Sanders, Welkers, Thomas, or any of the rbs their had elite speed. Thomas and sanders are probably the fastest of the bunch, but I wouldn't consider them much faster than Jeffery and Wilson.

Actually, just really read your post... I'm thinking you're thinking of the wrong kind of speed. Flat out straight down the field, yea that group isn't the "speed" group of the NFL.

But in shifty speed, speed off a cut (stop and go speed), that group has some burners in it.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gase should get the credit for after Manning got injured and changed up some of the focus to more of the running game. The last few games they ran really well. Hope he can do that in Chicago from the start. Build some more play action and create some better down field chances. That speed threat will help too. *but a guy who can actually play WR, not just a fast guy who get's hurt often or doesn't know how to run routes. (Cobb anyone?)

C

cubzzzfanincali

I actually sort of agree with you on something Joey, how about that! Cobb would be a nice addition to the receiver group. But he will be too expensive, you can't upgrade the defense and sign Cobb with that huge cap eating quarterback on the roster.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought we had the speedy running back in Carey, they ran plays like a power back would get. Pretty sure that base is covered if he ever gets on the field.

Carey ran a 4.7 40 yard dash I believe. Speed was a knock on him out of college, and a reason he fell to the 4th round despite shattering records. No, he was not brought in as a speed back.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be absolutely stunned if we were spenders in FA this year. STUNNED. After the hole we've dug ourselves the past few years. No way we go and shell the cash out for a guy like Cobb. Who I might add, should have a drop off when he leaves Rodgers and GB. IMO

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bears resigned zack miller today. i think alot of us were really excited for this guy. real tough luck injury career but really looked good for us.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We DO NOT NEED to add any wrs......We need to keep the ones we have.
What was wrong with our wrs 2 seasons ago when we are saying they were one of the best if not the best in the league?

nothing has changed other than BM a little older.
Theres nothing wrong there,leave it as is.

The only thing wrong was Jay seems to not be able hit them in stride last year.
That and I don`t remember too many remarkable catches by Jeffries as the year before.

We may need the speed at other positions,but there is no need to change our wr core just to get another Willie Gault...............

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be absolutely stunned if we were spenders in FA this year. STUNNED. After the hole we've dug ourselves the past few years. No way we go and shell the cash out for a guy like Cobb. Who I might add, should have a drop off when he leaves Rodgers and GB. IMO

It will be interesting to see how well he plays and hopefully he does leave GB...........:dhd:

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And to me it does not matter how much of the play calling Gase had in Denver,and whether how many plays Manning shook off either.........

Gase is in Chicago now,he had manning as qb,he`s gonna look good, now lets see how well he does with Cutler.(if he`s here)

I imagiune like the rest of our o-coordinators..........Left shaking their heads.

C

cubzzzfanincali

What was wrong with our wrs 2 seasons ago when we are saying they were one of the best if not the best in the league?

That and I don`t remember too many remarkable catches by Jeffries as the year before.

We may need the speed at other positions,but there is no need to change our wr core just to get another Willie Gault...............

Well you make a good point. Extending Jeffery should be much higher priority.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speed is overrated. Johnny Knox was the 3rd-fastest WR in 2009. (Heyward-Bey was 1st.)

The speed I'd like to see on the offense is snapping the the ball quicker *tick*tick*tick* ...as the play clock winds down to one second left. Even the opposing defense knew when the ball was going to snapped.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because you can't. Gase was the offensive coordinator and called the plays. Manning may have changed some but not every one .

No. Because it's an absurd thing to ask. Because we all know that you asked that question, knowing that short of being able to get Peyton Manning himself to post here, that you won't accept any proof provided. It is a commonly known fact that Peyton Manning calls his own game. Gase and Manning game plan… Peyton calls it.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speed is overrated. Johnny Knox was the 3rd-fastest WR in 2009. (Heyward-Bey was 1st.)

The speed I'd like to see on the offense is snapping the the ball quicker *tick*tick*tick* ...as the play clock winds down to one second left. Even the opposing defense knew when the ball was going to snapped.

I sure would have liked to see Johnny not bent in half and still be playing for us. Just a bone head move letting that speed demon make catches in traffic in the middle of the field.