• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

We need a new QB

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We both know he'll NEVER say it.
But in so many words, he already has. Nagy has blamed the entire offense as well as saying a lot of the woes are 'on him.'
As a fan, I still hope Trubs gets it together.

@Beengay fudgepackers
Trubs had a year under Nagy and seems to have regressed.

Sorry guys, just was expecting more thus far.
Totally agree. I was just nitpicking that statement.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,044.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you want Nagy to just say Trubisky sucks? Great plan dude.

This is what cracks me......

No coach is gonna throw his players under a bus,and neither are there team mates....
Everyone thinks every damn press conference is the gospel.....Its a line of shit.

Id rather listen to the Score sports radio to get a better idea of whats happening.....

I could careless what Nagy has to say........

And I still have a little hope for Mitch,but every week hope is getting dimmer and hes close to being in line with the list of all failed qbs we've had over the years.........

And Im another tired of these qbs coming out of college and passing him up......Time to put up or get the phuck out....

Trubisky fails Monday night,the boo birds are gonna be in full force when they get back to Chicago......

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's terrible. I've seen rookies make better throws than Trubisky. Just another bum in a long line of QB bums in Chicago Bears history.

"He's Terrible" is an overstatement, in my opinion. He makes bad decisions, but he's not terrible. It's his 2nd year, give him some time. I will say, however, if he doesn't improve as the year goes on, it might be time to get the backup QB situation under control, because Chase Daniel ain't it either lol.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what cracks me......

No coach is gonna throw his players under a bus,and neither are there team mates....
Everyone thinks every damn press conference is the gospel.....Its a line of shit.

Id rather listen to the Score sports radio to get a better idea of whats happening.....

I could careless what Nagy has to say........

And I still have a little hope for Mitch,but every week hope is getting dimmer and hes close to being in line with the list of all failed qbs we've had over the years.........

And Im another tired of these qbs coming out of college and passing him up......Time to put up or get the phuck out....

Trubisky fails Monday night,the boo birds are gonna be in full force when they get back to Chicago......
For my take, this is very well said. I'm still holding out hope as well and maybe even a little more patient for the season. But I'm also tired of each week Trubisky saying he knows he's got to play a lot better. Starting to sound like a broken record.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,044.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only silver lining in all this is Trubisky did face 2 pretty good defenses. There will be no excuses for Trubisky come Monday night as Washington is a pretty poor team.

No excuses man......You dont give him a pass cause played against two good defenses good qbs over come that shit...

So what are we to do the next time we play a good def.....?......say its ok cause he played another good defense....?
What if we make the playoffs.....?......(which at this point I highly doubt we do),are we to make another excuse for him........?

Nah,its time to put up or get out......

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,044.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"He's Terrible" is an overstatement, in my opinion. He makes bad decisions, but he's not terrible. It's his 2nd year, give him some time. I will say, however, if he doesn't improve as the year goes on, it might be time to get the backup QB situation under control, because Chase Daniel ain't it either lol.

Us Bear fans envisioned a better begining than what we've seen so far.....
Our offense has been horrendous....We had a whole offseason to be prepared for GB on opening day and being a contender for the SB and we came out dead flat and still have not improved on our offense in game 2......
If not for a booth replay of the 2bd to last play of the game,we'd be 0-2.....

Inexcusable.....

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Us Bear fans envisioned a better begining than what we've seen so far.....
Our offense has been horrendous....We had a whole offseason to be prepared for GB on opening day and being a contender for the SB and we came out dead flat and still have not improved on our offense in game 2......
If not for a booth replay of the 2bd to last play of the game,we'd be 0-2.....

Inexcusable.....

Completely agree about this, but does that not fall on the coaching staff and not Trubisky? Trubisky did drive straight down the field and get in field goal range to secure the win.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,044.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely agree about this, but does that not fall on the coaching staff and not Trubisky? Trubisky did drive straight down the field and get in field goal range to secure the win.

Why does it take a coach to get his players revved up....?
Its not like they shouldnt be stoked already to be playing their arch rivals,being they play the very first game of the season and being one of the top teams favored for a SB berth....I mean jeez,what the hell more would it take.....?

I do however blame Nagy for his play calling tho.......

Oh and if it takes Trubisky two full games to finally put together a drive like that,then we are in trouble.......

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does it take a coach to get his players revved up....?
Its not like they shouldnt be stoked already to be playing their arch rivals,being they play the very first game of the season and being one of the top teams favored for a SB berth....I mean jeez,what the hell more would it take.....?

I do however blame Nagy for his play calling tho.......

Oh and if it takes Trubisky two full games to finally put together a drive like that,then we are in trouble.......

Isn't it a coaches job to get the best out of his players? Obviously, a good player does that themselves, but it's the coach that needs to make halftime adjustments, most of the play-calling, etc. Mitch was also a stretch from Draft Day so, in my opinion, he's superseded what his expectations were from most people. He got y'all to the playoffs for the first time since 2010 and a 9th ranked offense, the first top 10 offense in 5 years. So, while he's not what you'd hoped for, he's a HELL of a lot better than what you had in "The Overpaid Ginger" Mike Glennon.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,044.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't it a coaches job to get the best out of his players? Obviously, a good player does that themselves, but it's the coach that needs to make halftime adjustments, most of the play-calling, etc. Mitch was also a stretch from Draft Day so, in my opinion, he's superseded what his expectations were from most people. He got y'all to the playoffs for the first time since 2010 and a 9th ranked offense, the first top 10 offense in 5 years. So, while he's not what you'd hoped for, he's a HELL of a lot better than what you had in "The Overpaid Ginger" Mike Glennon.

You are right on the coaches job.....But I thought we were talking about how the Bears offense has came out flat.....
I mean its not like the defense has not been holding their own,cause they are keeping us in these games......
Ill wait till Monday night before I get into anymore of this.......
If the coaches/players cant get up for Monday nights game after a big win:then nothing is gonna get them going......

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did a search on QB going back to the beginning of the NFL.
This is the list of QB who threw for less yards than Trubisky in their first 29 starts (in their first 4 seasons).

Mitch 29 starts.png

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the consensus now on the QB position after Monday night? Little better? Bout the same?

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the consensus now on the QB position after Monday night? Little better? Bout the same?

Until we consistently score points on offense as a result of QB play, about the same.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until we consistently score points on offense as a result of QB play, about the same.

It comes down to Nagy, IMO. Trubisky isn't elite but he can play well enough to win. No team wants to put it ALL on their QB. Nagy needs to get Montgomery more involved and more involved early on. No run game, generally equals a poor pass game too. 3 games in, and they've yet to really establish a run game.

I thought Monday was Nagy's best game, but it still left a lot to be desired.

Trubisky isn't perfect, but he is plenty good enough to win...it all.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3br4am.jpg

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith compared Trubisky to David Bowie? That's just not right.