• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

We need a new QB

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NFL Next Gen Stats classified a league-high 40.7% of his targets as "wide open," meaning there was no defender within 5 yards. And he had two of the top-six easiest incompletions for the week, as determined by the NFL Next Gen Stats model

nintchdbpict000337734929.jpg

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Next Gen Stats classified a league-high 40.7% of his targets as "wide open," meaning there was no defender within 5 yards. And he had two of the top-six easiest incompletions for the week, as determined by the NFL Next Gen Stats model

nintchdbpict000337734929.jpg

Whoa whoa whoa stop the train. But I thought Nagy was dense, offense is too predictable and that’s why no one gets open?

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoa whoa whoa stop the train. But I thought Nagy was dense, offense is too predictable and that’s why no one gets open?

Yeah...Mitch is an achilles heel right now. Maybe for good? I'm still not sold the rest of our offense is some sort of offensive juggernaut-There's a lotta question marks there-but we're gonna suffer badly if Mitch continues this sh*t. I think the shock is in that we went from sky high optimism two weeks ago to "oh sh*t here we go again" now. Why does this keep happening to us? Why can't we just get a goddamn quarterback that isn't fubar? Sigh.

Have we got any good soundbites from Nagy about Mitch's play after the Broncos game? He was loving on Mitch after the playoff game last year, talking about how lucky we are to have him...Be interesting if there's some chinks in that coachspeak armor. Be a good sign that what we're being told by the press (a la our coach doesn't trust our QB and is calling plays accordingly) is more than media blather.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he did reign him in. He downsized the playbook during the week and removed a lot of RPO stuff.

This was talked about before the game, during the game by the announcers, and in post game comments.

But you're right.....he didn't stop Mitch from running...the defense did. They played pocket contain.

As was said by a Packers defender the week before....if you make Mitch play QB then you've got him right where you need him.

Here's what i said: "Nagy did not reign in Mitch. Mitch is not intentionally not running. He's doing what the defense is giving him. This notion that Mitch needs to simply "run more" to be successful is absurd and shows what a bunch of morons we have in here. "

"Reigning him in" in terms of making Trubisky not run was my point. Never said anything about downzing the playbook.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can read. I know what you meant.

Nagy did reign in Trubisky though. Not in the way that people have said, however.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got done reading some article that has us as a potential trade destination for Eli Manning.

I would like the record to show that no matter how bad Mitch plays, it ain't that level of bad as far as I'm concerned. I'm like 99.9999% sure there's zero chance of it happening because no way we jump ship, but even if the week 1 and 2 garbage continue through week 6 or so. We would not/should not go there.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got done reading some article that has us as a potential trade destination for Eli Manning.

I would like the record to show that no matter how bad Mitch plays, it ain't that level of bad as far as I'm concerned. I'm like 99.9999% sure there's zero chance of it happening because no way we jump ship, but even if the week 1 and 2 garbage continue through week 6 or so. We would not/should not go there.

If they bring him in to be a backup, I like the move. He's better than Daniel.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting tired of Nagy defending Trubisky.
Nagy said in the last press conference that it's the entire offense.
Maybe Trubisky is who he is, and Nagy is the the one who duped the fanbase?

Not buying it when I see Brissett and Minshaw come in cold and do fine.

:sigh:

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There'll never be a QB in Chicago that succeeds.

The media and the fans will make sure of it.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So you want Nagy to just say Trubisky sucks? Great plan dude.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Brissett had a year to learn the offense behind luck. Minshew looked good, but he was going against stacked boxes all night. Trubisky sucks, but I wouldn’t exactly say Brissett came in cold. I also wouldn’t judge minshew on one game.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you want Nagy to just say Trubisky sucks? Great plan dude.
We both know he'll NEVER say it.
But in so many words, he already has. Nagy has blamed the entire offense as well as saying a lot of the woes are 'on him.'
As a fan, I still hope Trubs gets it together.

@Beengay fudgepackers
Trubs had a year under Nagy and seems to have regressed.

Sorry guys, just was expecting more thus far.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only silver lining in all this is Trubisky did face 2 pretty good defenses. There will be no excuses for Trubisky come Monday night as Washington is a pretty poor team.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only silver lining in all this is Trubisky did face 2 pretty good defenses. There will be no excuses for Trubisky come Monday night as Washington is a pretty poor team.
First thing you have said in a while I agree with.