• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

We need a new QB

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know! All the "lets focus on ..." posts are so embarrassing.

But i'm going to stick with it damnit!

Where was I wrong about the Parkey and Vedvik thing again? Bah nevermind, you're one of them idiots.

And I wear that label with pride!!!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look we aint getting a new QB anytime this year so forget about it. The game has not slowed down for Mitch yet and it might not ever. If it does he has all the tools to be great. Nagy is the bigger issue as he has been figured out and it seems he can't adjust or refuses to. Me I'm not giving up on Mitch till after this season.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is it Nagys issue when our QB can’t hit the side of the barn?

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look we aint getting a new QB anytime this year so forget about it. The game has not slowed down for Mitch yet and it might not ever. If it does he has all the tools to be great. Nagy is the bigger issue as he has been figured out and it seems he can't adjust or refuses to. Me I'm not giving up on Mitch till after this season.

If you didn’t notice a massive difference in play calling from GB to Denver then I don’t know what you are watching.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,044.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like Mitch is trying to stay in the pocket and become the prototypical passer.

Unfortunately, it's his movement and athleticism that makes him dangerous.

It was an ugly win, but it was a HUGE win, and if I am to criticize Trubisky's overall play, I should give him credit for that final play...it was bigtime.

And it was cool to see Piniero make that kick. Wish he was on our team last year.

I give him no credit....It took him two damn games to get 1 damn pass right....?
And wasnt it the pass right before that where Robinsin was wide open but he threw behind him.....?

Wait till next Monday night when we play Washington and iur offense comes out playing like sit again,the boo birds in Soldier Field will be out in full force.....

Im still holding out a little hope,but its not much.....

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you didn’t notice a massive difference in play calling from GB to Denver then I don’t know what you are watching.
Ya I noticed. Different shit plays altogether. Still no open WRs and still predictable.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya I noticed. Different shit plays altogether. Still no open WRs and still predictable.

So..your comment about Nagy's inability "to adjust or refuses to adjust".....was just bullshit?

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So..your comment about Nagy's inability "to adjust or refuses to adjust".....was just bullshit?
Part of the offenses issue is Trubisky not being able to pass from the pocket. However, part of the issue is also other teams having tape on Nagy’s scheme. Nagy had a little better results against Denver because he didn’t abandon the run. However, him insisting on using Mike Davis is stupid. He had Davis out there on a very important drive after Denver scored to get within 7. Davis is by far our worst back and should only be used if there is an injury. I believe he ran it twice with Davis and that drive was a 3 and out. Nagy is dense and really drops the ball at the most important times. It happens time and time again. He did it several times last year too.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, he adjusted nothing. He ran more, more of the same stuff we always run. Fooled no one and was predictable as hell.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of the offenses issue is Trubisky not being able to pass from the pocket. However, part of the issue is also other teams having tape on Nagy’s scheme. Nagy had a little better results against Denver because he didn’t abandon the run. However, him insisting on using Mike Davis is stupid. He had Davis out there on a very important drive after Denver scored to get within 7. Davis is by far our worst back and should only be used if there is an injury. I believe he ran it twice with Davis and that drive was a 3 and out. Nagy is dense and really drops the ball at the most important times. It happens time and time again. He did it several times last year too.

* If Trubisky is able to hit the myriad of receivers that are open, no one in here would be crying about Nagy. I'm not just talking about wide open receivers that Trubisky isn't even seeing, i'm talking about the receivers that are semi open and Trubisky just throws it slightly behind them to allow defenders to knock away. It happens over and over again. Don't even get me started on receivers that are open on deep balls..

* Mike Davis had 3 carries. Every backup RB in the league gets probably around 5-9. Mike Davis himself averaged 9 carries / game last year as backup in Seattle. You're complaining because he got 3 carries??

* Nagy is dense? Are you seriously this stupid?

You like every other idiot in here evaluates these games as if it's a video game. It's not that simple guy. I mean just look at the idiotic solutions the morons in this thread comes up with:
* Trubisky just needs to run more
* Nagy's offense has been figured out by the defenses
* Mike Davis shouldn't be carrying the ball AT ALL--what do you do when Montgomery gets tired you buffoon?
* We should be throwing to Wims more!--omg.

Oh yeah these are the dumb fans who thought Jordan Howard was great. We have the dumbest fans.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
* If Trubisky is able to hit the myriad of receivers that are open, no one in here would be crying about Nagy. I'm not just talking about wide open receivers that Trubisky isn't even seeing, i'm talking about the receivers that are semi open and Trubisky just throws it slightly behind them to allow defenders to knock away. It happens over and over again. Don't even get me started on receivers that are open on deep balls..

* Mike Davis had 3 carries. Every backup RB in the league gets probably around 5-9. Mike Davis himself averaged 9 carries / game last year as backup in Seattle. You're complaining because he got 3 carries??

* Nagy is dense? Are you seriously this stupid?

You like every other idiot in here evaluates these games as if it's a video game. It's not that simple guy. I mean just look at the idiotic solutions the morons in this thread comes up with:
* Trubisky just needs to run more
* Nagy's offense has been figured out by the defenses
* Mike Davis shouldn't be carrying the ball AT ALL--what do you do when Montgomery gets tired you buffoon?
* We should be throwing to Wims more!--omg.

Oh yeah these are the dumb fans who thought Jordan Howard was great. We have the dumbest fans.
So, you agree with Davis getting the call on the drive before denver scores their touch down to go ahead? That was the most important drive of the game, put Cohen or dmont in there...

And Nagy has made some dumbass mistakes. Remember him settling for a 50+ yard field goal last year to beat the Dolphins? He has lost us games. We aren’t good because of our offense. That’s what Nagy is in charge of. We are good because of our defense again.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, you agree with Davis getting the call on the drive before denver scores their touch down to go ahead? That was the most important drive of the game, put Cohen or dmont in there...

And Nagy has made some dumbass mistakes. Remember him settling for a 50+ yard field goal last year to beat the Dolphins? He has lost us games. We aren’t good because of our offense. That’s what Nagy is in charge of. We are good because of our defense again.

hindsight is 20/20. You would have complained about putting in Patterson when he made that nice 40+ run too but oops that turned out great so you don't say a word.

Why didn't Montgomery get more carries against the Packers? Maybe the rookie wasn't ready? Maybe Davis is a better pass blocker? Whatever. I'm sure there are numerous reasons none of which you are privy to therefore to dismiss those things and simply call Nagy "dense" makes YOU, dense. But what we do know is, Nagy acknowledged we need to run more, and the very next game, we ran more with Montgomery. That's the kind of adjustment good coaches make. Even though one person in here would claim Nagy doesn't make adjustments.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a good evaluation of Trubisky in the Packers game. Clearly Trubisky has made strides in reading defenses and understanding coverage. But his accuracy cannot finish what his brain started:

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hindsight is 20/20. You would have complained about putting in Patterson when he made that nice 40+ run too but oops that turned out great so you don't say a word.

Why didn't Montgomery get more carries against the Packers? Maybe the rookie wasn't ready? Maybe Davis is a better pass blocker? Whatever. I'm sure there are numerous reasons none of which you are privy to therefore to dismiss those things and simply call Nagy "dense" makes YOU, dense. But what we do know is, Nagy acknowledged we need to run more, and the very next game, we ran more with Montgomery. That's the kind of adjustment good coaches make. Even though one person in here would claim Nagy doesn't make adjustments.
1. I was complaining about Davis being in on that drive AT THE TIME. Maybe not on here, but I know a lot of bar patrons that would have my back, regardless of futility that convincing you of that is. Davis is a back up. He should only get snaps when there’s a blow out, an injury, or giving Cohen and dmont a break on less important drives.

2. You’re speculating on reasons as to why he wasn’t on the field. How much more of the offense does Davis know than Montgomery? Both are new to Nagy’s system. And Davis doesn’t look like much better of a pass blocker. I have been looking for reasons as to why that bum is on the field and I can’t find a single reason. However, you’re a genius, maybe you can enlighten me. You seem to agree with it, even though it’s stupid as fuck.

3. I never claimed Nagy didn’t make adjustments. Nagy was making the exact same mistakes last year though. You can keep defending his dumb mistakes, though. It only makes you look dumber. Do you think he is going to fix this offense? Even with a completely inept QB, a good offensive play caller should put at least 20 points on the board. You can do that by just running it and calling the occasional play action pass. In that scheme and with this defense, you would actually justify your boy Mike Davis getting carries.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
* Nagy did not reign in Mitch. Mitch is not intentionally not running. He's doing what the defense is giving him. This notion that Mitch needs to simply "run more" to be successful is absurd and shows what a bunch of morons we have in here. Every defense in the NFL is going to make sure to take away Mitch's running and to make him pass in the pocket. I mean the packers defenders basically said this. You can't just tell Mitch to just run. This is not a video game. They are taking away his running and forcing him to throw in the pocket and Mitch can't do it. That's the problem.

Well he did reign him in. He downsized the playbook during the week and removed a lot of RPO stuff.

This was talked about before the game, during the game by the announcers, and in post game comments.

But you're right.....he didn't stop Mitch from running...the defense did. They played pocket contain.

As was said by a Packers defender the week before....if you make Mitch play QB then you've got him right where you need him.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, he adjusted nothing.

Moved away from RPO.

Ran the ball from every formation.

The toss plays to Patterson and Gabriel were genius.

How long have you been watching football and how do you still know so little?

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a lot of things going wrong with our offense.

Mitch's quarterback play is the first and foremost thing going wrong. There's no ifs ands or buts about it.

The play of the offensive line hasn't been that good...to put it mildly.

Our running game is atrocious through 2 games. Take away that 46 yard run by Patterson and not only do we not have a TD this season, our running game is 39 rushes for 134 yards. 3.44 per? Yeah...

Our receiving corps is an enigma. Is it as good as the Bears would like to advertise? Robinson is solid, but compared to some of the stud #1 receivers on other NFL teams, he's definitely not on the elite level...And after Robinson, there are good players, but nobody else besides Robinson has become a consistent contributor at this point. It's a whole lotta famine and very little feast.

Nagy obviously has to take some of the blame. He's the coach calling the plays. I think when people say he's out-thinking himself, there's some truth to it regarding specific plays that we can isolate, but not the majority. In the end, players have to make plays...specifically the one under center.

My biggest complaint with Nagy is that so many of our players that we NEED to step up have done little to nothing through 2 game. MAKE THE POINT to get others involved. Scream it into Mitch's facemask if you must. We must establish our players not named Robinson and feed them the ball (Miller/Gabriel/Burton/Cohen all come to mind). Having so many players not get involved in a solid contributing way is probably the largest contributor to our failing to grow into a complete offense. There's just way to many players where we're saying "We need to get this guy going."

So much improvement needs to be made...It makes my head dizzy. :(