• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

We have a live meltdown occurring on SportsHoopla right now

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, you found an article, nice job Bandwagon jumper. You can use my new avatar to join the club as soon as I get it on here.

Still, they announced a crowd of more than capacity. An interesting dilemma. More people than capacity is listed as, but not a sellout.

This happens at times when stadiums sell standing room only tickets.

They are obviously cheaper and people buy them sometimes before reserved seating.

Reserved seating are all sold, then it is a sellout. Therefore the game attendance being higher than capacity and it not being a sellout.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough.

I guess I miss that type of stuff, or don't think much of it other than it being general ribbing. I don't think I've ever posted in an Iowa game thread on the general board.

That was my point, was not pointing out you. Wingsauce clarified my rambling statement.

And I do see the difference of a game thread as opposed to a team board. The point everyone I think is trying to make is, a main board is open, a team board is closed, and it just rubbed that someone could step over and poke, and then step back and not get poked. I cant explain it well, that's about as good as I can do here. I'm out.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was my point, was not pointing out you. Wingsauce clarified my rambling statement.

And I do see the difference of a game thread as opposed to a team board. The point everyone I think is trying to make is, a main board is open, a team board is closed, and it just rubbed that someone could step over and poke, and then step back and not get poked. I cant explain it well, that's about as good as I can do here. I'm out.

Texas Jefe.: Always a voice of reason. :suds:

My only point is there was a Nebraska/Michigan St game thread here on the general board. They can be called out in it, and people can do all the uncontested bashing of whomever/whatever they want in there. Have their fun if it makes them feel better.

I see no need in a Mod encouraging the trolling of a team board where 90% of the posters there NEVER make a post outside of the Husker forum.

They literally don't care what the Mamba's of the world think. They are quite proud of Nebraska's traditions and history. 4 years of Oregon football is like a fart in the wind to them.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to take the time to search through this thread, but someone explain to me what in the hell the game being a sellout or not has to do with anything?

I'll tell you one cot damned thing right now, Nebraska's fan following was PISS poor. Just a tiny little spot of red up in the corner.

I was beyond disappointed.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to take the time to search through this thread, but someone explain to me what in the hell the game being a sellout or not has to do with anything?

I'll tell you one cot damned thing right now, Nebraska's fan following was PISS poor. Just a tiny little spot of red up in the corner.

That wasn't that hard was it?

You're a shining beacon of hope JJM.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know is that despite this thread I can't wait to see the sea of red invade Eugene.

It will be awesome.

And I will be going to Lincoln as well to meet some of these Nebraska Hooplans in person for a case of beer or two.

Don't even care which ones.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
402 474 4224

You betta caaaaall Tyrone,
But you can't uuuuuuse my phone.

I called. He said "that broncoshitty mofo a liahh, mang".

I believe him. :nod:

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know is that despite this thread I can't wait to see the sea of red invade Eugene.

It will be awesome.

And I will be going to Lincoln as well to meet some of these Nebraska Hooplans in person for a case of beer or two.

I doubt any of them would give you the time of day.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It was the bandwagon Jumper BroncoSmitty that brought it up.

Somehow, it is Nebraska's job to ensure a stadium that is 720 miles from Lincoln is sold out. For some reason, a team that sold 62,000 season tickets, including 14,000 student tickets, was supposed to rely on Nebraska to sell their other 13000 tickets according to Broncosmitty. Because by golly, he wasn't going to buy them.

BTW, Broncosmitty did not go to the game, but he is jumping on the bandwagon.

And JJM, have you purchased any tickets to an away game this year? Can you really say you are disappointed in a fanbase that had around 15,000 to 20,000 at Fresno State was supposed to also travel to Lansing. Can't support all the teams.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt any of them would give you the time of day.

I bet you're wrong. Sane people don't hold grudges from a sports message board.

All 3 of your forums mods and I chat privately often and have a tour potentially in Lincoln set up.

If you choose not to meet up with me that's fine, your choice.

Last edited by a moderator:

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
402 474 4224

You betta caaaaall Tyrone,
But you can't uuuuuuse my phone.

Damn, I remember that song. My prep crew use to play that shit all the time. That shit got old. We had a gay fry cook named Tyrone and they would play it for him every day that he worked, for weeks. :L

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I also plan on throwing a Pacific Northwest tailgate for as many of the SportsHoopla Huskers that come to Eugene on me.

Drinks, food, everything.

You are invited RA. Reality is person to person. I hope you are able to bury the hatchet within the next 3 years.

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It will be awesome.

A lot will change by 2016.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot will change by 2016.

Of course it will. Who said it wouldn't? Sheesh, you guys are hyper sensitive.

I am just looking forward to the trip there and Huskers coming out here.

I don't live and die by my college team winning and losing. I enjoy all aspects of cfb, not just W's and L's.

I enjoy the experience more than anything. Meeting new fanbases, seeing new college towns, etc.

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will post pictures of the fans at the Nebraska Northwestern game in Evanston. Hopefully, even from the stadium.

We had no cellphone signals in 2012, even when I walked up to the TOP row.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember that. It was crazy.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest road crowds we have that I remember are Iowa, Michigan, MSU, 90s Husky teams, Tennessee.

I was shocked how many MSU brought.