• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: We graduate to a two game series with the Reds here, 6/21 & 22

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id bet money that we do. Keep in mind, our line up has been doing well. All of the St. Louis pitchers were on their game ( especially Wacha) and we were able to pull off a sweep against those guys. The games had a very playoff / old school NL style feel to them. As for the Reds, I think the team was just tired from the road trip and they did enough to get by at 1-1.

The schedule breaks down like this:

Home: ( 3 Red Sox, 4 twins)

Away: ( 3 Red Sox, 4 Yankees, 3 Twins)

The thing that hasn't been mentioned yet is that we play the Twins 7 out of the 17 games we have left before the break. The Twins are terrible, I think Round Rock could hang with them. The Yankees are decent, we can beat them if the line up is performing well. The Red Sox are good and we might struggle against them, they put up a ton of runs.

A good way to get to 10-7 is:

5-2 against the twins ( they suck)
2-2 against the Yankees ( manageable)
3-3 ( hopefully, win series down here and get one in Boston)

Nice article. Did you write it because you didn't say F--K once?

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, it sucks losing two starters in the same day, but the Rangers could not be in a better position, standings-wise.

It being October and the standings being the same is about the only thing that could top that right now. They might need to rely on that lead for a month or so.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It being October and the standings being the same is about the only thing that could top that right now. They might need to rely on that lead for a month or so.

I meant as far as it being June 23rd.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, it sucks losing two starters in the same day, but the Rangers could not be in a better position, standings-wise.
The real issue is that was 2 starters to go along with one we already lost. On the bright side if Yu and Colby really do come back then we should be good. Just do not want another one of those things where their return drags on and on.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The real issue is that was 2 starters to go along with one we already lost. On the bright side if Yu and Colby really do come back then we should be good. Just do not want another one of those things where their return drags on and on.

True, but for me personally, I am not panicking in any way. The Rangers are a well-led organization who have played themselves into a significant lead up to this point. The next several weeks will be a challenge, there's no question, but I've no reason to doubt the resilience of this team.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but for me personally, I am not panicking in any way. The Rangers are a well-led organization who have played themselves into a significant lead up to this point. The next several weeks will be a challenge, there's no question, but I've no reason to doubt the resilience of this team.
I agree but only if those pitchers are back as we expect. If there is anything that can send a team on a tail spin it is pitching. So I am not panicking by any means yet.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another name to remember as a potential fill-in starter is Michael Roth. He could also come up for relief at some point. He has put up some good numbers at AAA despite having one terrible start.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we are in the market for a starter (which I am not 100% sold we are), then one thing I just realized is that we'll be up against the Red Sox, who definitely need help there too.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another name to remember as a potential fill-in starter is Michael Roth. He could also come up for relief at some point. He has put up some good numbers at AAA despite having one terrible start.

I'd like to see the Sadzeck get a shot in the short term, could be a good learning experience for him

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teheran has been good this year but I think he was pretty bad last year, not ready to give up Profar for that yet

agree about Profar but there should be a package that would get Teheran