• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: We graduate to a two game series with the Reds here, 6/21 & 22

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree and I thought about the Odorizzi option, and like it ok. I want no part of Pomeranz
What's wrong with Pomeranz? Look at his numbers this year, both home and away. His K/9 is outstanding and he's one of the league leaders in ERA. He shut down the Cubs at Wrigley and beat Jake Arrieta. Even if you adjust for NL-to-AL, he'd still be putting up quality numbers. Plus you gotta think with AJ Preller running the ship, he'd throw JD a bone and not demand top tier prospects.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is impressive? How about someone who doesn't have a 1.5 WHIP and allow opposing hitters to hit .318 off of him for starters?

Even if you take BABIP into consideration and lower that average against to .300, that's still not good at all. His numbers are right in line with Claudio and Ramos in terms of WHIP and Avg. against. He's got a better ERA, so obviously he works out of self-created jams better than those other two. But the not impressive comment refers to the fact that he allows a ton of hits and walks and makes things interesting.

Tony has better peripherals than Ramos though. And as much as I dislike Claudio he's not as bad as his ERA suggests. I would expect Tony's BAA to go down over the rest of the year as the BABIP regresses.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's wrong with Pomeranz? Look at his numbers this year, both home and away. His K/9 is outstanding and he's one of the league leaders in ERA. He shut down the Cubs at Wrigley and beat Jake Arrieta. Even if you adjust for NL-to-AL, he'd still be putting up quality numbers. Plus you gotta think with AJ Preller running the ship, he'd throw JD a bone and not demand top tier prospects.

Pomeranz BB rate is shit though. That would likely go up in the AL and I would bet the HR rate would too.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It was Cashner that I had him confused with I think? I want no part of Cashner. Pomeranz would be an option

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pomeranz BB rate is shit though. That would likely go up in the AL and I would bet the HR rate would too.
His overall WHIP though is only 1.1 and he's holding opposing hitters to a .195 AVG. Even if you factor in some inflation to both of those metrics, he'd still be a quality starter and would cost far less than Teheran.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

looks like his HR's are up from last year already, has 8 this year and had 8 all of last year. Though it was in only 5 more innings last year

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His overall WHIP though is only 1.1 and he's holding opposing hitters to a .195 AVG. Even if you factor in some inflation to both of those metrics, he'd still be a quality starter and would cost far less than Teheran.

He has very Rich Harden numbers.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys, we've still got Hamels, Perez, and Griffin is about to rejoin the rotation. Those three can hold down the fort till at least the all star break. Hopefully, we get Darvish back shortly thereafter. The sky is not falling.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny. One of my daughters is engage to marry one year from today. Congrats. Hope you like your new son in law
That's funny because today is our anniversary. Yeah, he is a good young man.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoa... just read Holland and Lewis hitting the DL... whats our rotation going to look like now?

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the fuck are we gonna do with ourselves tomorrow? The Rangers have played a game for the past 3 weeks straight almost. 16-4 over that stretch...who the hell would have thought that?

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope Texas can figure out away to go 10-7 until the ASB.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope Texas can figure out away to go 10-7 until the ASB.

Id bet money that we do. Keep in mind, our line up has been doing well. All of the St. Louis pitchers were on their game ( especially Wacha) and we were able to pull off a sweep against those guys. The games had a very playoff / old school NL style feel to them. As for the Reds, I think the team was just tired from the road trip and they did enough to get by at 1-1.

The schedule breaks down like this:

Home: ( 3 Red Sox, 4 twins)

Away: ( 3 Red Sox, 4 Yankees, 3 Twins)

The thing that hasn't been mentioned yet is that we play the Twins 7 out of the 17 games we have left before the break. The Twins are terrible, I think Round Rock could hang with them. The Yankees are decent, we can beat them if the line up is performing well. The Red Sox are good and we might struggle against them, they put up a ton of runs.

A good way to get to 10-7 is:

5-2 against the twins ( they suck)
2-2 against the Yankees ( manageable)
3-3 ( hopefully, win series down here and get one in Boston)

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hamels perez griffin martinez gonzalez

Thanks, I guess it could be worse. All of those guys have shown they have the ability to win games in the majors. Offense is averaging almost 5 runs a game, so those guys don't have to be perfect.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id bet money that we do. Keep in mind, our line up has been doing well. All of the St. Louis pitchers were on their game ( especially Wacha) and we were able to pull off a sweep against those guys. The games had a very playoff / old school NL style feel to them. As for the Reds, I think the team was just tired from the road trip and they did enough to get by at 1-1.

The schedule breaks down like this:

Home: ( 3 Red Sox, 4 twins)

Away: ( 3 Red Sox, 4 Yankees, 3 Twins)

The thing that hasn't been mentioned yet is that we play the Twins 7 out of the 17 games we have left before the break. The Twins are terrible, I think Round Rock could hang with them. The Yankees are decent, we can beat them if the line up is performing well. The Red Sox are good and we might struggle against them, they put up a ton of runs.

A good way to get to 10-7 is:

5-2 against the twins ( they suck)
2-2 against the Yankees ( manageable)
3-3 ( hopefully, win series down here and get one in Boston)

Seems pretty reasonable... Boston will be tough test for this rotation though. Top offense by a pretty wide margin ATM. Their pitching has been average overall though.