• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

We could probably still win the SB this year if brady went down.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Briz - are you serious? This team better not have Tim Tebow running its offense at any point this year.

Tebow will never be a serious consideration in this league as a playoff contending quarterback who can take any team to a conference title game.

With that said - this will be a top 10 defense this year and their defensive secondary will be greatly helped because of their front 7.

:wtf2:

Patriots will be a top 10 defense this year with the potential to be MUCH better.

We have the best running game in football this year. Number 1 out of the gate...

I'm very excited about our Receivers / tight ends. Time and practice will tell, but....

We have probably the best 3rd string QB in the game. If we need him we are going to be hating life.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Umm, maybe we should wait until we see some extended action by Mallett and Tebow with the Pats starters against the opponents starters, before we reserve any rooms for the SB.

Bruschi_Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i disagree bru i dont know why people hate on tebow so much, yea hes not the best passer but he can run an option read offense like he did in florida and denver, and he can make some plays in the passing game. the issue is the talent around him. look what happened with the yets, they are a disaster scrub team, trainwreck. they have no wrs, no rbs, crappy te's, a so so oline, their defense is a shell of it once was, they got no safeties, no cb depth, linebackers are mediocre, and a couple of good players on the dline thats it. they are one of the worst teams in the league. you put any qb on there and they are going to suck period. what they tried to do with sanchez and tebow was even worse, 2 qb offense? give me a break. i dont even acknowledge what tebow did in ny.

denver on the other hand is no scrub team. before they got tebow they were borderline a playoff calibur team, they were not an elite team but they were pretty good and had alot of talent. tebow joined and he made them not worse imo but slightly better. they made the playoffs and won a playoff game against the steelers. they just ran into the pats who are overall a better team, elite, and lost. not tebows fault denver just aint elite yet. he made plays in the air too look at the demarious thomas catch. tebow had talent around him in florida and they won national championships.

pats are an elite team, we are stacked with talent, theres no doubt in my mind if we had to play tebow we would still be a sb contender. yes it would be harder to win than with brady, but if you tweek the offense to fit tebow skills he is a good enough qb to win. hes a leader, warrior, hard worker, and can win with good talent around him. its just in a different way than your conventional qb.

Briz - I have to respectfully disagree regarding your sentiment on Tebow. In your last post, you forgot to address one key element. Tim Tebow and his ability to consistently lead this team as quarterback.

With Tim Tebow starting, the Patriots would no longer be an elite team.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Briz - I have to respectfully disagree regarding your sentiment on Tebow. In your last post, you forgot to address one key element. Tim Tebow and his ability to consistently lead this team as quarterback.

With Tim Tebow starting, the Patriots would no longer be an elite team.

why wouldnt he be able to lead the team? you switch the offense up to match his skills he plays well in his style and the run game and d are still elite. cassel went 11-5 here and hes a scrub qb, we did alright because the team around him was very good. i think you will agree that the overall team is much more talented than the 08 one, so why wouldnt we see similar results with a backup qb? tebow is better than cassel imo so with the talent around him i dont see us doing any worse than an 11-5 record and playoffs.

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why wouldnt he be able to lead the team? you switch the offense up to match his skills he plays well in his style and the run game and d are still elite. cassel went 11-5 here and hes a scrub qb, we did alright because the team around him was very good. i think you will agree that the overall team is much more talented than the 08 one, so why wouldnt we see similar results with a backup qb? tebow is better than cassel imo so with the talent around him i dont see us doing any worse than an 11-5 record and playoffs.

i think we covered this in the tebow threads..

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tebow looks bad when hes running the pats passing style offense. he doesnt look bad when hes running a read option offense. i think that is the misconception yes i agree the pats had to play tebow and play the exact same style of offense brady or mallett runs then yes he would be terrible. but i dont think that would happen. the pats would tweak the offense to fit tebow. i think they brought him in and tried to do it the brady way and realized it didnt look so good, so now they are changing it up some to run things he is good at. if he had to start they would change the offense complety imo.

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tebow looks bad when hes running the pats passing style offense. he doesnt look bad when hes running a read option offense. i think that is the misconception yes i agree the pats had to play tebow and play the exact same style of offense brady or mallett runs then yes he would be terrible. but i dont think that would happen. the pats would tweak the offense to fit tebow. i think they brought him in and tried to do it the brady way and realized it didnt look so good, so now they are changing it up some to run things he is good at. if he had to start they would change the offense complety imo.

Yes he does. He looks bad in that style of offense too. Not as bad, I'll grant you, but ultimately you need a QB who can throw the ball, and he can't do it.

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont think the pats have the type of players to run an effective read option consistantly.. the line isnt built for that.. the backs arnt built for that.. the recievers arnt built for that.. you need a lot mroe mobile line.. you need backs that can blow up a block and wr to be able to seal thier blockers.. just wont work with the staff in place .. imo

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes he does. He looks bad in that style of offense too. Not as bad, I'll grant you, but ultimately you need a QB who can throw the ball, and he can't do it.

i dont think he looks bad in the read option, going to the divisional round in his first season playing and losing to the patriots is pretty good for a qb that cant throw. you dont need to throw alot in the read option and he can make some throws like he proved in denver. if you have the chance to add peyton manning to your team you would probably dump you current qb too. but i agree with you ultimately you want a pocketpassing qb. the point is if you dont currently have one a tebow read option offense is better than having a scrub qb like mark sanchez or chad pennington running a pocketpassing offense. if brady and mallett go down who do you want to bring in to play over tebow? david garrard? id rather tweak the offense to fit tebow than bring in a real scrub qb that wont be effective in a passing offense. jmo.

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's pretty good for a QB who can't throw but you DO need to be able to throw in the read-option. Griffin, Kaepernick and Wilson are effective because they're accurate passers who can run. Being an accurate passer isn't a plus, there, it's a requirement - if they couldn't do it, they'd be an easy out in the playoffs.

If Brady and Mallett both go down, we're not making noise in the playoffs. Tebow might be our best option at that point, but if Tebow is our best option, it's a lost season anyway.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're reading too much into a team carrying a mediocre at best QB performance into the playoffs against a badly broken team.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah i could name a dozen individual rbs id rather have on the pats than the pats rbs but i cant name one offensive line in the league id rather have over the pats. the pats oline i young, huge, and athletic and coached by the best olibe coach in the league. the combination of great oline and very talented group of rbs is what makes the run game so good. the fact that teams have to defend tom brady as well just makes the run game better. pats dropped 250 rushing yards on the eagles and 3 tds and they didnt even run the ball all game with brady throwing it. what good is having a darren mcfadden or cj spiller when your oline and qb suck?

tommy kelly does not suck, hes another oakland castoff like moss thats motivated to play for the pats. he will play well, and armond armstead hasnt even practiced yet. wilson is better than anything we had last year. talib and dennard are two physical press man corners, what you need to play elite defense aka look at seahawks. i wouldnt take any inside linebacker core in the league over mayo, spikes, hightower, they are huge linebackers and with wilfork you cant run on that. chandler jones added ten pounds in the offseason should have a much better year he injured his ankle last year, and we added another passrusher in collins. we saw glimpses of elite defense at the end off last year and this year should be no different with everyone healthy and a few holes patched like ss and dt.

Your offensive line is good maybe could be great. Sorry but im taking Peterson or Spiller over Veeren or Ridley. Peterson ran for 2100 yards with Ponder as a QB Spiller had a 6.5 yards per carry behind a not so good OLine in Buffalo. CJohnson has never really have a very good OLine. So I will take the Elite talent over good talent everytime. I though was referring to you saying you have an Elite group of backs. you have a good group but there are plenty of backfields that are better then the Pats.

Tommy Kelly is still pretty old when it comes to football. Hell he could come out like Randy Moss did and have one good year but Kelly is a professional Moss is not Moss gives up after a while. And your defense is much better then what it was a few years ago but they are still young and were burned plenty last year. So to call them an Elite defense is a bit of a stretch.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's pretty good for a QB who can't throw but you DO need to be able to throw in the read-option. Griffin, Kaepernick and Wilson are effective because they're accurate passers who can run. Being an accurate passer isn't a plus, there, it's a requirement - if they couldn't do it, they'd be an easy out in the playoffs.

If Brady and Mallett both go down, we're not making noise in the playoffs. Tebow might be our best option at that point, but if Tebow is our best option, it's a lost season anyway.

those qbs are a pass first read option qbs, they run way more pass plays than qb runs, tebow runs nearly twice as much as them his offense is more geared to the qb running. he dont need to be super acurate because hes not throwing as many passes, and i dont agree he cant throw. he cant throw in a brady type system but in a run first limted qb throws he can make eough to make it work. he already proved it in denver and they arent half the team we are. tebow would be fine here you guys act like we would go 5-11 with tebow starting thats crazy imo. we would still be playoff calibur with a chance to win the sb, just not nearly as good as a chance with brady.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are better runners than Tebow as well. All of them. The reason they throw more is because you have to to be successful.

And Tebow can not throw well enough to beat an NFL defense. Give him Adrian Peterson, a top 5 OL, and a solid defense and he might sneak into the playoffs. You still have no chance whatsoever of making it past the division round. There will be a throw he needs to make, and he is one of the worst to ever see the field at doing so.

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are better runners than Tebow as well. All of them. The reason they throw more is because you have to to be successful.

And Tebow can not throw well enough to beat an NFL defense. Give him Adrian Peterson, a top 5 OL, and a solid defense and he might sneak into the playoffs. You still have no chance whatsoever of making it past the division round. There will be a throw he needs to make, and he is one of the worst to ever see the field at doing so.

[YOUTUBE][ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0BQgRTWJaU]TIM TEBOW THROWS GAME WINNING PASS AGAINST STEELERS TO Demaryius Thomas!!! (SONG INCLUDED) - YouTube[/ame][/YOUTUBE]

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tebow had 300 yds passing and 2 passing tds, 50 yds rushing and 1 rushing td agaisnt the steelers in the payoffs. that is far from terrible. like i said he and the broncos ran into the pats next game, a dynasty and constant sb contender and lost not surprisingly, most teams that meat the pats lose. the pats were in superbowls recently and back to being very good, you dont want to meet them in the playoffs whoever your team is. if they didnt have to play the pats they could have very well won the divisional and on to the conference game. dont blame tebows loss in the playoffs on him, it the freaking patriots dude.

Last edited by a moderator:

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your offensive line is good maybe could be great. Sorry but im taking Peterson or Spiller over Veeren or Ridley. Peterson ran for 2100 yards with Ponder as a QB Spiller had a 6.5 yards per carry behind a not so good OLine in Buffalo. CJohnson has never really have a very good OLine. So I will take the Elite talent over good talent everytime. I though was referring to you saying you have an Elite group of backs. you have a good group but there are plenty of backfields that are better then the Pats.

Tommy Kelly is still pretty old when it comes to football. Hell he could come out like Randy Moss did and have one good year but Kelly is a professional Moss is not Moss gives up after a while. And your defense is much better then what it was a few years ago but they are still young and were burned plenty last year. So to call them an Elite defense is a bit of a stretch.

there are better individual rb's no doubt, but as a whole unit collectively, offensive line, group of rb's, and qb the pats are certainly at the top now or very near close to it. picking up blount was huge. he is very talented and when you pair him with ridley that is two bruisers that will be tough to handle all season.

i suggest go watch the pats game against the eagles in the preseason and watch kelly, you will change your opinion. he stonewalled a rb in the backfield for loss and sacked the qb causing fumble the pats recovered.