• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

We could probably still win the SB this year if brady went down.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we have an elite defense this year and probably the best run game in the league. we got mallett to step in instead of cassel thats night and day, and our division is still putrid. this team is so stacked its not even funny, we have 3 starting calibur qbs for depth.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elite defense? I have high hopes but elite is crazy talk until they prove it.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, Tebow is not a starter.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DE Chandler Jones
DT Vince Wilfork
DT Tommy Kelly
DE Jammie Colins
OLB Jerod Mayo
MLB Brandon Spikes
OLB Donta Hightower

FS Devin McCourty
SS Adrian Wilson
CB1 Aqib Talib
CB2 Alfonzo Dennard
CB3 Ras-I Dowling
CB4 (slot) Kyle Arrington

how in the world is that not elite?

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
briz, that's some speculative boasting you've penned here bro~

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DE Chandler Jones
DT Vince Wilfork
DT Tommy Kelly
DE Jammie Colins
OLB Jerod Mayo
MLB Brandon Spikes
OLB Donta Hightower

FS Devin McCourty
SS Adrian Wilson
CB1 Aqib Talib
CB2 Alfonzo Dennard
CB3 Ras-I Dowling
CB4 (slot) Kyle Arrington

how in the world is that not elite?

Since Im a Bills fan im sure this is going to lead to an argument and you will just think im a Troll but what ever its late and I am at work.

Tommy Kelly and Wilson should just retire they arent really that good anymore.

Chandler had one good season as a rookie things will get harder and Hightower has shown a lot of promise but promise doesnt mean elite defense.

Only people who you have on your defense who is Elite is Wilfork who is aging and Mayo and possibly Talib. Your defense has a lot of potential but it is no where near Elite....

I can also name about a dozen teams that have a better combination of Backs then the Pats..... and I can probably name 30 other teams that have a better combination of receivers then you do...... *disclaimer* I was being a bit sarcastic with those last two statement but their RB or WR core is not at all near the top of the League.

Final note- I like Mallett I think he has a future but if Brady is out your not making the playoffs Brady is a HOF QB and he is the reason why this team is in the playoffs every year your fooling yourself if you think Mallett can step into this team and still win a superbowl.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They make the playoffs with Mallett. They're a long shot for a Super Bowl.

With Tebow they're lucky to be .500

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since Im a Bills fan im sure this is going to lead to an argument and you will just think im a Troll but what ever its late and I am at work.

Tommy Kelly and Wilson should just retire they arent really that good anymore.

Chandler had one good season as a rookie things will get harder and Hightower has shown a lot of promise but promise doesnt mean elite defense.

Only people who you have on your defense who is Elite is Wilfork who is aging and Mayo and possibly Talib. Your defense has a lot of potential but it is no where near Elite....

I can also name about a dozen teams that have a better combination of Backs then the Pats..... and I can probably name 30 other teams that have a better combination of receivers then you do...... *disclaimer* I was being a bit sarcastic with those last two statement but their RB or WR core is not at all near the top of the League.

Final note- I like Mallett I think he has a future but if Brady is out your not making the playoffs Brady is a HOF QB and he is the reason why this team is in the playoffs every year your fooling yourself if you think Mallett can step into this team and still win a superbowl.

yeah i could name a dozen individual rbs id rather have on the pats than the pats rbs but i cant name one offensive line in the league id rather have over the pats. the pats oline i young, huge, and athletic and coached by the best olibe coach in the league. the combination of great oline and very talented group of rbs is what makes the run game so good. the fact that teams have to defend tom brady as well just makes the run game better. pats dropped 250 rushing yards on the eagles and 3 tds and they didnt even run the ball all game with brady throwing it. what good is having a darren mcfadden or cj spiller when your oline and qb suck?

tommy kelly does not suck, hes another oakland castoff like moss thats motivated to play for the pats. he will play well, and armond armstead hasnt even practiced yet. wilson is better than anything we had last year. talib and dennard are two physical press man corners, what you need to play elite defense aka look at seahawks. i wouldnt take any inside linebacker core in the league over mayo, spikes, hightower, they are huge linebackers and with wilfork you cant run on that. chandler jones added ten pounds in the offseason should have a much better year he injured his ankle last year, and we added another passrusher in collins. we saw glimpses of elite defense at the end off last year and this year should be no different with everyone healthy and a few holes patched like ss and dt.

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we have an elite defense this year and probably the best run game in the league. we got mallett to step in instead of cassel thats night and day, and our division is still putrid. this team is so stacked its not even funny, we have 3 starting calibur qbs for depth.

:laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

Sorry, way to be optimistic.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry we have a chance of winning the SB with Brady, but not Mallet. We might make the playoffs with Mallet if he proves to be a half decent NFL QB. We also don't have an elite defense, but a middle of the pack defense with potential.

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah sorry briz... but i have to side with everyone else.. it will e good.. ut i dont know aout elite.. mallete can win games.. tebbow.. im not sold on

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe people are trying to respond seriously to a guy who said that New England has the best run game in the league.

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats cause hes on his team board .. its not like he went to the bears board and said it..

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tebow can start if you tweak the offense for him. he can run a read option offense.

If Belichick won anything of substance with Tebow at QB he would be hands down the greatest coach of all time.

patspa

PATS SEEKING SEVEN
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah this defense is not elite, like someone else posted middle of the pack. The team might be a playoff team with Mallet, Tebow just forget about it, it would be a nightmare season with him at the Helm.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe people are trying to respond seriously to a guy who said that New England has the best run game in the league.

we were the #1 team in the league last year in rushing tds and thats while still being a passing team with brady. we added blount to it which is rediculous. if the pats run the ball more they would have the yards too. im predicting them to run the ball more so yes they will be one of if not the best rushing team in the league this year.

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would call their front 7 elite, but the secondary is far, far from that right now. TK and Vince in the middle is going to flat out kick ass, and who ever said he should retire, Kelly has been balls to the wall crazy this camp!. Wilson has some skill let. CJ was the best def rookie before his ankle injury and was never the same again. Hightower is getting better..I like the depth and the talent of the front 7, it would be better is we got D.Moore, but....LOL

Bruschi_Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Briz - are you serious? This team better not have Tim Tebow running its offense at any point this year.

Tebow will never be a serious consideration in this league as a playoff contending quarterback who can take any team to a conference title game.

With that said - this will be a top 10 defense this year and their defensive secondary will be greatly helped because of their front 7.

:wtf2:

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Briz - are you serious? This team better not have Tim Tebow running its offense at any point this year.

Tebow will never be a serious consideration in this league as a playoff contending quarterback who can take any team to a conference title game.

With that said - this will be a top 10 defense this year and their defensive secondary will be greatly helped because of their front 7.

i disagree bru i dont know why people hate on tebow so much, yea hes not the best passer but he can run an option read offense like he did in florida and denver, and he can make some plays in the passing game. the issue is the talent around him. look what happened with the yets, they are a disaster scrub team, trainwreck. they have no wrs, no rbs, crappy te's, a so so oline, their defense is a shell of it once was, they got no safeties, no cb depth, linebackers are mediocre, and a couple of good players on the dline thats it. they are one of the worst teams in the league. you put any qb on there and they are going to suck period. what they tried to do with sanchez and tebow was even worse, 2 qb offense? give me a break. i dont even acknowledge what tebow did in ny.

denver on the other hand is no scrub team. before they got tebow they were borderline a playoff calibur team, they were not an elite team but they were pretty good and had alot of talent. tebow joined and he made them not worse imo but slightly better. they made the playoffs and won a playoff game against the steelers. they just ran into the pats who are overall a better team, elite, and lost. not tebows fault denver just aint elite yet. he made plays in the air too look at the demarious thomas catch. tebow had talent around him in florida and they won national championships.

pats are an elite team, we are stacked with talent, theres no doubt in my mind if we had to play tebow we would still be a sb contender. yes it would be harder to win than with brady, but if you tweek the offense to fit tebow skills he is a good enough qb to win. hes a leader, warrior, hard worker, and can win with good talent around him. its just in a different way than your conventional qb.