• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

We are a bad team

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, on Friday I had lunch w a friend who had a liver transplant 5 years ago. His doctor asked him if he had anything he hoped to do with his family - and basically said you need to go ahead and do those things soon. Sobering news like that brings home, at least for me, that in the scope of things football isn’t all that important to get worked up over.
This past weekend I saw friends I haven't seen in 6 years, but have been friends with for almost 40 years. We sat for hours telling stories about growing up. Their kids sat listening and laughing to see a new side to their parents and "uncle", realizing they knew what their kids were doing without saying anything sometimes because we did the same dumb things at that age.

Ive always liked seeing the "magic" phase end when a child realizes their parents aren't omnipotent, they were just stupid kids first.

Anyway, I find myself with a very young friend who is having heart issues and took the step of connecting with them this past weekend, so this hits home with me as well.

I hope you have more time to connect with them, and they get the time they need to do those things they've been wanting to do George.

And not just your friend, but all of us.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, on Friday I had lunch w a friend who had a liver transplant 5 years ago. His doctor asked him if he had anything he hoped to do with his family - and basically said you need to go ahead and do those things soon. Sobering news like that brings home, at least for me, that in the scope of things football isn’t all that important to get worked up over.

Agree. I always tell myself this after a loss. In the grand scheme of things having your team win a football game is such a small thing in life. Winning a fantasy football game even a smaller thing in life. I think people have relaxed a bit on fantasy football the past few years understanding injuries and things you can't control are going to make or break you but you still have some of those people out there who break TVs and send nasty tweets because of it.

The best way I deal with my teams losing when everyone else is making fun of them is join in on the fun. The fact that the Iowa Hawkeyes are basically the carbon copy of the Denver Broncos in college football makes it even more frustrating but at the same time funny. All you can do is laugh and make jokes of it. Nothing I say or do/think is going to change if the Broncos win or lose. Why get so upset over something you can't control?

I will admit the Colts game I was more angry then any regular season of the Broncos in a very LONG time. The frustration from the past 7 years finally reaching a boiling point for me. You have known me a long time and I am pretty calm during Bronco loses. I am pretty patient but this week hit a little different as you know. Mostly, 7 years of frustration and the panic setting in from Russell Wilson, all that we gave up, 245 million dollars and 7 years after it seemed we finally had our QB to change things around. Controlling your emotions during and after that game was as hard as ever but you quickly just move on from it. Nothing I can do... Hope for the best and there are much more important things.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just the fact that we are on this board means that we are fans. Fans being an abbreviation of fanatics - so we do care and yes sometimes even to the point of being unhealthy.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just my opinion but you guys are one good head coach away from having a solid team.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just my opinion but you guys are one good head coach away from having a solid team.

Little chemistry and I think we can be good. Not that I want to see Russell hurt but I do feel better that we found out his shoulder was messed up last game. Because he was WAY off!

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that expectations have sunk into the cellar, we might just come out and surprise a few people. It starts with the Chargers on Monday night. I'm ready for some better football from the Broncos and I'm guessing the players and coaches are too. Although we've been decimated with injuries, let's see what this team can do with 11 days to game plan. Maybe naive on my part, maybe a little desperate hope but I'll always believe that the Broncos can get a W on any given Sunday (Monday). Starting to look forward to next week's game. Even if the Broncos lose, if they can make it competitive and look good while losing, I'll feel better. Baby steps, I guess. Go Broncos!

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GIF by Jason Clarke

Hope your friend is doing ok, George.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From PFT:
The Broncos have received multiple trade inquiries about defensive end Bradley Chubb and wide receivers Jerry Jeudy and KJ Hamler and would ponder any serious trade offer, according to Adam Schefter of ESPN.

The report is couched in terms of the Broncos not being willing to sell low, but that’s what teams always say when they’re looking to sell at the trade deadline. Teams don’t want the rest of the league to think they’ll accept a lowball offer, so they say they’ll hold out for a good offer

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we can get a 2nd or 3rd for Chubb I think we take it, if we lose him in free agency the highest value we get is going to be a third at the end of the round next year. If we can get a 3rd this year maybe we can bundle that with our 3rd to move up to the 2nd round if we want.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd take a 2024 1st too. Just saying.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is, we were still bad today without Russ, so it kind of makes you think it’s not him, but at the same time Rypien played better than Russ has lately, so maybe Russ is at fault for our struggles.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The D is top notch. The offense is pathetic. It doesn't even make sense. I don’t think I’ve ever seen such a disjointed offensive philosophy. Hackett has to go. It’s brutal to watch.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hackett was brought in to help the offense. The offense is historically bad. Hackett is a big problem right now and if he can’t make some necessary changes to start scoring more, then a change needs to be made at head coach.

Different QB, same story. We’re wasting a D that Evero has rolling on an offense that can’t get out of its own way. Start by giving Outten full responsibility of the offense. Either with Hackett running the big picture or just put in the unemployment line.

coloradobuff

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just plain embarrassing to watch.
time for major changes.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm slipping into the category of fan who believes the Coach Hackett hiring and the baby coaches who are his assistants on offense was an epic failure.

The punter Waitman is suffering from leg fatigued - based on his worsening ability to get any juice into his kicks.

I think in the Jets game the Broncos gave up the rushing game way to early. At least it wasn't the Chargers game where the offensive play calling formula was run, run, pass, punt.

IMO Rypiens effort was at least as good as what the Broncos are getting out of Wilson.