• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are we this defeated?

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we so far defeated? A little shake up has got you worried. Take a step back, we are fucked for years, maybe, Only great plays will give us a glimmer of hope. Hang on, will be a good ride.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I spent the first forty years of this franchise struggling.

During the first ten years as an original AFL team, they made it to the championship only to be beaten by the Chargers.

Then came 30 years in the NFL with two trips to the Super Bowl (1985 & 1997) only to lose.

Then came 20 years of glory, unmatched at any time in history.

Defeated? No. Poor planning, Poor direction. Poor drafting. Poor spending. Not defeated, Frustrated.

We've become so used to winning that losing is unaccptable. Losing because people running the team didn't make good decisions after such a standard of success is again, unacceptable. We as fans sit back and say, "I'd never do that." Then again, none of us are running a multi-billion dollar empire.

Now, we all must be patient. There are new people at the controls. The decision-making will be different. We may not agree with what is done, but we have to wait to see if this plan will work. Or will we be sitting here in 2025 bitchin' bout the exact same things we bitched about today??

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I spent the first forty years of this franchise struggling.

During the first ten years as an original AFL team, they made it to the championship only to be beaten by the Chargers.

Then came 30 years in the NFL with two trips to the Super Bowl (1985 & 1997) only to lose.

Then came 20 years of glory, unmatched at any time in history.

Defeated? No. Poor planning, Poor direction. Poor drafting. Poor spending. Not defeated, Frustrated.

I've become so used to winning that losing is unaccptable. Losing because people running the team didn't make good decisions after such a standard of success is again, unacceptable. We as fans sit back and say, "I'd never do that." Then again, none of us are running a multi-billion dollar empire.

Now, I must be patient. There are new people at the controls. The decision-making will be different. I may not agree with what is done, but I have to wait to see if this plan will work. Or will we be sitting here in 2025 bitchin' bout the exact same things we bitched about today??
Fify. You don't need to speak for everyone.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fify. You don't need to speak for everyone.
AFAIC, you didn't fix anything. You expressed your opinion for everyone else.

Why couldn't you just say that you don't agree? Right back in your attempts to belittle someone else.

You haven't offered one single bit of new information. Just your opinion.

Green font doesn't hide your sarcasim.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But weren’t you the guy crying about us not spending free agent money literally 2 hours into free agency?
Yeah, but not just spending money. Spending money on a quality OT and WR.

Still haven't gotten either.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but not just spending money. Spending money on a quality OT and WR.

Still haven't gotten either.

Because there were none. We signed the best OT out there with Onwenu. Tried for the best WR in Ridley and was outbid/didn’t want to come here regardless. So… we acquire an OT or WR via trade?? What team will give up those kind of players? After the QB they are probably the most valuable/sought after guys in the league. We won’t be getting any.

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I followed the Patriots for decades, going back to Plunket, Grogan and Eason. Remember when we called Gillette Stadium "Shaver Stadium" because the team was owned by a razor salesman? I watched the game where Bledsoe went down and was replaced by Brady. I was thrilled when Kraft stepped in to build a whole new stadium by himself when the state offered nothing. I cheered Superbowls for years, particularly the comeback victory over Atlanta. Then I cheered for both Patriots and the Bucs after Brady left.

It's all gone now. Brady is gone and so is Belichick. I am 77 years old, and it's not clear if the Patriots will ever even make the playoffs in my lifetime.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AFAIC, you didn't fix anything. You expressed your opinion for everyone else.

Why couldn't you just say that you don't agree? Right back in your attempts to belittle someone else.

You haven't offered one single bit of new information. Just your opinion.

Green font doesn't hide your sarcasim.
I didn't express an opinion for me or anyone else, but when I do I own it as mine and mine alone..

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I followed the Patriots for decades, going back to Plunket, Grogan and Eason. Remember when we called Gillette Stadium "Shaver Stadium" because the team was owned by a razor salesman? I watched the game where Bledsoe went down and was replaced by Brady. I was thrilled when Kraft stepped in to build a whole new stadium by himself when the state offered nothing. I cheered Superbowls for years, particularly the comeback victory over Atlanta. Then I cheered for both Patriots and the Bucs after Brady left.

It's all gone now. Brady is gone and so is Belichick. I am 77 years old, and it's not clear if the Patriots will ever even make the playoffs in my lifetime.
Minutia...I know. Now I am the one over Anal yzing...

Schaefer Stadium is where the Victor Kiam owned Patriots played. It was not Gillette until it was rebuilt by Kraft.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Minutia...I know. Now I am the one over Anal yzing...

Schaefer Stadium is where the Victor Kiam owned Patriots played. It was not Gillette until it was rebuilt by Kraft.
It can get confusing. The original stadium, Schaefer, was named after a mediocre beer until 1982. Later, electric razer tycoon Victor Kiam bought the team, but the stadium was owned by Robert Kraft. After Kraft turned the stadium ownership into leverage and bought the team, a new stadium was built and the naming rights were eventually sold to Gillette. At that point the stadium began being referred to as "the razor".

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Its very hard to keep a dynasty going.. My concern is that we are dealing with a 1980s Celtics scenario where they didn't win another championship for another 20 years after that team crumbled.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It can get confusing. The original stadium, Schaefer, was named after a mediocre beer until 1982. Later, electric razer tycoon Victor Kiam bought the team, but the stadium was owned by Robert Kraft. After Kraft turned the stadium ownership into leverage and bought the team, a new stadium was built and the naming rights were eventually sold to Gillette. At that point the stadium began being referred to as "the razor".
I wasn't confused.

realityball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had the greatest 20-year run in NFL history … what happened was practically a fantasy … as fans, we are just about devoid of objectivity
…. if it takes just 20 more years to win another SB, I’ll be happy … although where I’ll be then, anything will be better

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had the greatest 20-year run in NFL history … what happened was practically a fantasy … as fans, we are just about devoid of objectivity
…. if it takes just 20 more years to win another SB, I’ll be happy … although where I’ll be then, anything will be better

Bingo.

In the meantime we can go back and watch any of the big games from the past 20 years with TB12 leading the charge. That shit don’t get old, particularly the 28 - 3 game.

realityball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bingo.

In the meantime we can go back and watch any of the big games from the past 20 years with TB12 leading the charge. That shit don’t get old, particularly the 28 - 3 game.

I got 7 games saved on xfinity … I hope they don’t switch archive media again … I would of had them on syquest discs in the past

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have all 6 CDs of 3 Games to glory. Never tire of watching any of them. Also have the 6 CDs of Championship Year that condenses the Patriots season every year they won the super bowl. Again, Never tire of watching them.

As far as waiting 20 more years. I don't have them to wait.

realityball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have all 6 CDs of 3 Games to glory. Never tire of watching any of them. Also have the 6 CDs of Championship Year that condenses the Patriots season every year they won the super bowl. Again, Never tire of watching them.

As far as waiting 20 more years. I don't have them to wait.

Ken, I thought you believed in the afterlife and trickle-down? … it’d take awhile but you’d hear about it eventually

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we so far defeated? A little shake up has got you worried. Take a step back, we are fucked for years, maybe, Only great plays will give us a glimmer of hope. Hang on, will be a good ride.
A lot of Pats Fans act like spoiled bitches, I know no one like reading this but it's true. So people still holding onto "Greatest Dynasty Ever" are probably very defeated.