• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are we this defeated?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill had four years to show the world that he was the greatest GM and coach ever. Instead of keeping the Patriots at a level and competitive position, he waited. As he always has waited until the only QB he could get, was Cam Newton. The following year, he sat on his hands a we all prayed that Mac jones would fall to #15 and he would be the franchise savior. We all know hat happened. BB showed that he'd lost his magic wand and the team degraded over the next three years. And here we are.

@Dude has a great attitude about where this team is and where we all hope it's going. For some of us old farts, we lived in agony for 40 years and then had 19 party years. We old farts also know that the road in front of us is very short and we may not have much time to wait another forty years to be a great team again.

We all have opinions about what could, should and might be the best venue to take. It's just that we have to "HOPE" that the people in charge take more than a hopeful road. Most of us believe that doing something is much better than doing nothing. They still have $60M in their pocket, Wolfe wants to roll as much as possible over to 2025. At least $10M-$12M will be needed to pay for the draft and possibly some PS personnel. Couldn't they spend $16M on Odell Beckham Jr and Stephon Gilmore for one year to help bring along the new guys? Then Wolf could roll over $25.5M after meeting the league mandated 90% of the cap ($229.5M)
They just resigned Dugger. Not sure what that will do to the cap? I'm ok with Gilmore but will pass on the washed up diva WR.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill had four years to show the world that he was the greatest GM and coach ever. Instead of keeping the Patriots at a level and competitive position, he waited. As he always has waited until the only QB he could get, was Cam Newton.
#1.Drew Breeze. Resigned with NO. He wasn't available.
#2. Tom Brady. Signed with Tampa. He wasn't available.
#3 Cam Newton. Bill signed the best available QB.
Please don't tell me you really think they would have done better with Mariota or Winston.

The following year, he sat on his hands a we all prayed that Mac jones would fall to #15 and he would be the franchise savior. We all know hat happened. BB showed that he'd lost his magic wand and the team degraded over the next three years. And here we are.
Sat on his hands? Really? After the year of Covid and losing so many games by less than a score everybody was psyched for 2021 and Cam having a full off season and a full regular season with no Covid. And Jones was supposed to be the savior with pocket presence, quick reads and release, Accuracy and football IQ. His only fault was lack of arm strength. Stop with the revisionist history.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#1.Drew Breeze. Resigned with NO. He wasn't available.
#2. Tom Brady. Signed with Tampa. He wasn't available.
#3 Cam Newton. Bill signed the best available QB.
Please don't tell me you really think they would have done better with Mariota or Winston.

Sat on his hands? Really? After the year of Covid and losing so many games by less than a score everybody was psyched for 2021 and Cam having a full off season and a full regular season with no Covid. And Jones was supposed to be the savior with pocket presence, quick reads and release, Accuracy and football IQ. His only fault was lack of arm strength. Stop with the revisionist history.

Gonna be both hilarious and sad when BB goes to a team with a QB next season and they dominate.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna be both hilarious and sad when BB goes to a team with a QB next season and they dominate.
That would be great for him but I think he’s done enough, HOF, why keep on chasing dreams when they have become true?

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Screw Shula, that guy is an asshole
His "Bellicheat" comment was solely to place a spotlight on himself. In hindsight it really amplified my previous understanding of "good character". Two guys I didn't appreciate enough demonstrated what it was, Jimmy Johnson and Bill Cowher. I could understand coaches who lost to BB showing sour grapes, But Shula had long retired before BB found any head coaching success.