• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: WCF: 1) Golden State Warriors vs 3) Portland Trail Blazers

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Steph Curry fella is knida good.

With 35+ pts., 5+ rebs. & 5 asts. in the first 2 games of a conference finals he became the 1st NBAer to do that since KAJ was a rookie in 1970.

nbcsports.com

And Steph is scoring a lot of his points in the paint. He was scoring at will inside last night. Maybe there is something to this comparison to Kareem. LOL.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talking about the Warriors in a Warriors thread. :tsk:

The fuck is wrong with you?

You probably wear the t-shirt of the band whose concert you're going to see.

I'm actually worse than that. I show up 2 hours early to the show and blare their music in the parking lot on top of it.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What bullshit. If you are out there playing, you're playing. That's what I have been told about Steph Curry in the 2016 Finals.

Can't argue with this. Also quite convenient that the injury comes out when the series is just about over.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Asterisks are way overused. Really, it's just a way to hate on someone you don't like. Either the person accomplished it or he didn't. End of story. Just say you don't like someone; you don't need to use asterisks.

If you have eyes and are capable of thought they exist.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you were an NBA fan during the time period where a guy plays and you put an asterik by his name, then there's an asterik there.

Who else determines a players legacy besides the people who were there to witness it? Kids 25 years from now who had never seen him play? Of course they won't know.

LeBron winning that title with the Cavs caused me to see him in a completely different light.

Yes, players want to win titles, but legacy matters too. That's why LeBron did what he did.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you were an NBA fan during the time period where a guy plays and you put an asterik by his name, then there's an asterik there.

Who else determines a players legacy besides the people who were there to witness it? Kids 25 years from now who had never seen him play? Of course they won't know.

LeBron winning that title with the Cavs caused me to see him in a completely different light.

Yes, players want to win titles, but legacy matters too. That's why LeBron did what he did.

But the asterisks are entirely the product of one's own emotions about a player or team. There's no official asterisks. It's just another way of saying "Kevin Durant hurt my feelings" or "the Lakers cheated to get past the Kings" or whatever. It's childish. @thunderc has been butthurt about Durant for years, we already know that. This is just his latest bitch mode.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But the asterisks are entirely the product of one's own emotions about a player or team. There's no official asterisks. It's just another way of saying "Kevin Durant hurt my feelings" or "the Lakers cheated to get past the Kings" or whatever. It's childish. @thunderc has been butthurt about Durant for years, we already know that. This is just his latest bitch mode.

And a fuck you to you. I speak the truth, I expect you know it.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And a fuck you to you. I speak the truth, I expect you know it.
Per usual, you expect wrong

Dude it's been over 3 years, time to let it go

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per usual, you expect wrong

Dude it's been over 3 years, time to let it go

Keep thinking Durant’s titles mean as much as Curry and Thompson’s, that’s your right.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the conclusion? Is the problem if Durant is more important than Curry or vice versa, or is it if GSW would underachieve without Durant?

From the W/L record when Curry is out and when Durant is out. It’d seem that Curry is the most important player for GSW.

Without Curry — a 28-18 record would put the team on pace for around 49 wins over a season.

To win 30 of 31 games without Durant is absurd, but GSW won 72 or 73 games without Durant in a season.

I think the spacing alone Curry affords GSW’s offense with his range is the most irreplaceable value any player adds to their team. You literally have to start defending Curry as soon as he crosses mid-court.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you have eyes and are capable of thought they exist.

I guess it takes a heart and being capable of compassion for Thunder fans. I acknowledge your pain and recognize your asterisk.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep thinking Durant’s titles mean as much as Curry and Thompson’s, that’s your right.

Why would they mean less? He not only won titles the last two years, but he won 2 final MVP’s.

Nothing against OKC, but getting out was genius for Durant. I love Westbrook as an individual player, but I don’t see any team with Westbrook winning a title. He is more worried about getting stats than he is winning.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I love LeBron, but he went back to Cleveland for one reason — it gave him the best chance to win a title.

If Bosh and Wade were healthy and still in their prime — he’d have stayed where he was. Cleveland had another star in Kyrie and a deal in place to bring in Kevin Love. That’s why he went back to Cleveland. If Cleveland hadn’t had the #1 pick in the draft 3 times in 4 years — James never would have went back there.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the W/L record when Curry is out and when Durant is out. It’d seem that Curry is the most important player for GSW.

Without Curry — a 28-18 record would put the team on pace for around 49 wins over a season.

To win 30 of 31 games without Durant is absurd, but GSW won 72 or 73 games without Durant in a season.

I think the spacing alone Curry affords GSW’s offense with his range is the most irreplaceable value any player adds to their team. You literally have to start defending Curry as soon as he crosses mid-court.

You are correct.

People underestimate the impact of players like Curry and Klay.

Even when they are missing, the way opposing defenses are forced to focus on them so far from the time opens up opportunities for everyone else.

And they don't even have to touch the ball to get that attention.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would they mean less? He not only won titles the last two years, but he won 2 final MVP’s.

Nothing against OKC, but getting out was genius for Durant. I love Westbrook as an individual player, but I don’t see any team with Westbrook winning a title. He is more worried about getting stats than he is winning.

Like I have said I don’t care that he left OKC, that’s his right. Countless other places he could have gone to get the credit he so desperately craves. Maybe he will go earn that peace now.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I have said I don’t care that he left OKC, that’s his right. Countless other places he could have gone to get the credit he so desperately craves. Maybe he will go earn that peace now.

So are you saying LeBron doesn’t have any credit for his titles? He left Cleveland to join Wade and Bosh to form a super team. Then left Miami to join up with Kyrie Irving and Kevin Love to form a super team back in Cleveland.

If Durant went to GSW and was coming off the bench and didn’t play a major role in their title runs — I’d agree wholeheartedly with you. That isn’t the case though.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are correct.

People underestimate the impact of players like Curry and Klay.

Even when they are missing, the way opposing defenses are forced to focus on them so far from the time opens up opportunities for everyone else.

And they don't even have to touch the ball to get that attention.

I think both are underestimated on the defensive end too — especially Klay. No clue how he hasn’t been named to the All-NBA defensive team yet?!?

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So are you saying LeBron doesn’t have any credit for his titles? He left Cleveland to join Wade and Bosh to form a super team. Then left Miami to join up with Kyrie Irving and Kevin Love to form a super team back in Cleveland.

If Durant went to GSW and was coming off the bench and didn’t play a major role in their title runs — I’d agree wholeheartedly with you. That isn’t the case though.

No I’m not talking about Lebron here. Durant is the only one that joined a team that had just beat him, and after he played pretty badly when it mattered.