• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: WC semifinals: #6 Golden State Warriors vs #7 Los Angeles Lakers

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't?

At one point they were pretty damn bad....and then the trade deadline.....And they are on the verge of being in the WCF.

AN ARGUMENT could be made for him as well as others.
Executive of the year already went to the Sacramento guy.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m just thinking in terms of all the slander from Laker fans in multiple threads.

Unfortunately true. The bad moves the organization has made were largely taken out of his hands (trading for Westbrook, not matching for Caruso, etc), but fans are quick to judge. I'll admit to doubting his experience level as being adequate (and still want a PBO in place to guide the franchise long term). I still can't figure out how Ainge gave up that trade.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure he's enjoying that award from the 19th hole.
Yep. This is the case with so many of these awards. Coach of the year? It’s whoever raises the Larry O’Brien. Executive of the year? Same thing. MVP? Same thing. 6th Man of the Year? Same thing.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggins has been good all series as their 3rd scorer. Payton stepped up for 15 last night (just like Walker). Poole had 21 in game 1. Jermichael Green had 15 in game 2.

You're probably closer to right as I am.

Game 1 Leading Scorers:
AD - 30, Lebron - 22, D'Lo/Schroeder - 19 each (5 double digit scorers)
Curry-27, Klay-25, Poole-21 (5 double digit scorers)

Game 2 Leading Scorers:
Lebron 23, Rui - 21, AD-11 (4 double digit scorers)
Klay-30, Steph-20, J-Green - 15 (6 double digit scorers)

Game 3
AD-25, Lebron-21, D'Lo-21 (6 double digit)
Steph-23, Wiggins 16, Klay 15 (4 double digit)

Game 4
Lebron-27, AD-23, Reaves-21 (5 double digit)
Steph-31, Wiggins 17, GP2-15 (4 double digit)

So the premise was that the Lakers are getting additional help that the Warriors simply are not getting which seems to be indicative of the above. Lakers are just deeper when it comes to producing.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're probably closer to right as I am.

Game 1 Leading Scorers:
AD - 30, Lebron - 22, D'Lo/Schroeder - 19 each (5 double digit scorers)
Curry-27, Klay-25, Poole-21 (5 double digit scorers)

Game 2 Leading Scorers:
Lebron 23, Rui - 21, AD-11 (4 double digit scorers)
Klay-30, Steph-20, J-Green - 15 (6 double digit scorers)

Game 3
AD-25, Lebron-21, D'Lo-21 (6 double digit)
Steph-23, Wiggins 16, Klay 15 (4 double digit)

Game 4
Lebron-27, AD-23, Reaves-21 (5 double digit)
Steph-31, Wiggins 17, GP2-15 (4 double digit)

So the premise was that the Lakers are getting additional help that the Warriors simply are not getting which seems to be indicative of the above. Lakers are just deeper when it comes to producing.

Seems pretty even to me. The two blowout games showed disparity as expected. For the series, we're talking about 1 game for 1 player in terms of double digit scoring.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, it seems the reason that Payton ran off the court on that early turnover was that he was holding back a mouthful of puke from the previous possession. Nasty.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems pretty even to me. The two blowout games showed disparity as expected. For the series, we're talking about 1 game for 1 player in terms of double digit scoring.
Yes I agree the two blowout games aren't really great indicators.

In the two highly contested games both Lebron and AD were both the top 2 scorers for the team. For the Warriors it was Steph 1, then 4 different players rounding out the next highest scorers respectively.

There's hasn't been anyone reliable in this series for the Warriors other than Curry. Maybe that was the better way to put the contributions for the Lakers. They have had 2 consistent, followed by others filling it up when needed. Warriors have 1, and then it's a crapshoot.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I agree the two blowout games aren't really great indicators.

In the two highly contested games both Lebron and AD were both the top 2 scorers for the team. For the Warriors it was Steph 1, then 4 different players rounding out the next highest scorers respectively.

There's hasn't been anyone reliable in this series for the Warriors other than Curry. Maybe that was the better way to put the contributions for the Lakers. They have had 2 consistent, followed by others filling it up when needed. Warriors have 1, and then it's a crapshoot.

Klay was suprisingly quiet last night. Seems the Lakers plan was to take him away instead of Steph? Could've been unintentional too.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Klay was suprisingly quiet last night. Seems the Lakers plan was to take him away instead of Steph? Could've been unintentional too.
There's no plan needed when the Ws miss a ton of open 3s. Curry was 3-14. He hits even 2 more for a still mediocre 5-14 and they win. That's the story, both teams played pretty well, Warriors got a lot done in transition, Lonnie stepped up, all of that. But if the Warriors just make a couple more open looks they win.

Lotta randomness in sports, especially these playoffs when all the teams are good and no one is dominant.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no plan needed when the Ws miss a ton of open 3s. Curry was 3-14. He hits even 2 more for a still mediocre 5-14 and they win. That's the story, both teams played pretty well, Warriors got a lot done in transition, Lonnie stepped up, all of that. But if the Warriors just make a couple more open looks they win.

Lotta randomness in sports, especially these playoffs when all the teams are good and no one is dominant.
It's a make or miss league but LA was forcing him to take tough shots and he made a couple. Curry is the one guy that can make tough shots but not a normal Curry rate. That's all you can do and LA played him fairly well. LA was leaving other guys open for a reason, that's why the W's had so many open layups. Luckily those other guys didn't hit as many open shots as they preferred. Both teams got a lot of very good looks. The one guy I thought that didn't get many good looks was Klay, I think the Lakers did a great job on him.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The open 3s lol

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a make or miss league but LA was forcing him to take tough shots and he made a couple. Curry is the one guy that can make tough shots but not a normal Curry rate. That's all you can do and LA played him fairly well. LA was leaving other guys open for a reason, that's why the W's had so many open layups. Luckily those other guys didn't hit as many open shots as they preferred. Both teams got a lot of very good looks. The one guy I thought that didn't get many good looks was Klay, I think the Lakers did a great job on him.
They missed a ton of easy, open looks. It happens, and it happened, and they lost. Yes they did good work on Klay. All the playoff teams are pretty much equal at this point. Maybe one or two are slightly better (Boston?) and one or two worse (New York). But these are all gonna be long series' and luck will play the huge factor it always does.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The ones Curry made were predictable too. One was a missed shot that rebounded right out to him at the arc early on.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They missed a ton of easy, open looks. It happens, and it happened, and they lost. Yes they did good work on Klay. All the playoff teams are pretty much equal at this point. Maybe one or two are slightly better (Boston?) and one or two worse (New York). But these are all gonna be long series' and luck will play the huge factor it always does.
I would say New York is in a lower tier but other than that I would agree pretty even overall. Still put Philly/Boston in the top of the higher tier

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say New York is in a lower tier but other than that I would agree pretty even overall. Still put Philly/Boston in the top of the higher tier

They were most of the year (with the Bucks). Obviously, any injury issues can impact that. The West just had those injury issues sooner.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping the reason GP2 sat out the entire 4th while Lonnie Walker was going off was because of an illness. He had to run back twice yesterday. If not, then he should have been out there.