• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: WC semifinals: #6 Golden State Warriors vs #7 Los Angeles Lakers

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree except for the part about Moody being reliable.

I get that he has been consistent thus far, but you can’t depend on a young, inexperienced role player in these moments. You hope he can keep it up, but it isn’t given. Especially in the road in a close out game.

Also, will be interesting to see if Ham makes the mistake of over-adjusting to slow Curry again. Worst thing he can do, IMO is send too much attention Curry’s way and let those other guys get going.

We shall see.

Yeah, he's been consistent, but that includes some head-scratching plays and fouls.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And he loves his 3 point shot although he has clearly lost it at his current age...

Few things anger me more than those wasted possessions when Lebron holds the ball to take a late in the clock contested three. If he wants to rest for a possession, give up the ball. The only 3s he has been hitting for a decent percentage lately have been when he shoots in rhythm (either a good pass or a walk up 3).

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I wish we woulda kept Bald Mamba, but Austin ain't too shabby...

My only thing last night is the Lakers acting like they never seen a pick-n-roll offense before until the final quarter. Definitely need to develop a bigger killer instinct imo...

Not that I won't take the win, of course...

Didn't have to be either/or, both would be nice.

Lakers really need to improve their backcourt defense, whether that is via development (Christie) or free agency (possible need to replace Schroder this summer). Those guards (combined with Lebron's age/heavy usage and AD's usage and tendency to hit the floor) really hurt the Lakers' transition defense.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers will likely ride the momentum from this one into the series win on Wednesday here in SF.

But if by chance the Dubs somehow win it to force a game 6 back in LA...then it'll be over.

It's going 6. Dubs aren't getting closed out in their own house.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's going 6. Dubs aren't getting closed out in their own house.
Let’s put it this way….If LA doesn’t close it out tomorrow night, then that would be to their own peril. If they give the Dubs another chance then you can be damn sure GS will gladly take them up on it just to have an opportunity to reach a 7th game back home.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else have Lonnie Walker IV with the most points by a Laker in a playoff 4th quarter since Kobe?

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else have Lonnie Walker IV with the most points by a Laker in a playoff 4th quarter since Kobe?
Probably the same person that had Jordan Poole playing just 10 min for the Dubs and not scoring at all in the game,

Last edited:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe but I am thinking the Lakers vs Sixers.

Not counting my chickens though because there is a long way to go yet.
Celtics, Sixers, Nugs and Suns all are contenders imo. Could be a mix of any of those + Miami or LA. Pretty wide open I would give the advantage to C's/Sixers

Reactions: DJ

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,756.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh man, so much there lol
He doesn't?

At one point they were pretty damn bad....and then the trade deadline.....And they are on the verge of being in the WCF.

AN ARGUMENT could be made for him as well as others.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't?

At one point they were pretty damn bad....and then the trade deadline.....And they are on the verge of being in the WCF.

AN ARGUMENT could be made for him as well as others.
I’m just thinking in terms of all the slander from Laker fans in multiple threads.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So much to write about, I could write a dissertation based on last nights game. However I don't think anyone wants to read that so I'll try to summarize my thoughts. Last night's loss was an organizational failure. Yes the players are responsible, so is the coaching and so is the front office.

The positive I took away from this is that the Warriors overall I thought played excellent defense. The effort was there. They did so well that they were able to keep this game competitive on the road while having one of the poorest shooting nights I can recall in a while.

Lakers have had the ability thus far to have a 3rd guy step up in all of their wins. Dennis Schroeder, Austin Reaves, Lonnie Walker, D'Lo. The Warriors, aside from Steph, haven't had anyone outside from one good game from Klay. It's impossible to win that way against a team of the Lakers caliber. You could get away with it against the Kings. Not against Lebron and AD who are ready for the moment.

I have a ton of other thoughts, but mostly they pertain to the off-season so I'll leave them for now. Now it's just one game at a time to extend the season. That's all they can do.

Reactions: DJ

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,756.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m just thinking in terms of all the slander from Laker fans in multiple threads.
Well....in their defense? If he made trades earlier....they could have been a top 2 or 3 seed rather than the play-in.

But, things are looking pretty good right now.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol bandwagon? Elaborate? Those “scheduled hours” pretty much indicate you won’t be here if they lose tonight either. Funny you were here outside of those hours after a win

You know you can't just make shit up when there are time stamps and dates on posts. Go ahead and find the post where I was here after hours after the Warriors game 2 win. I'll wait.....

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well....in their defense? If he made trades earlier....they could have been a top 2 or 3 seed rather than the play-in.

But, things are looking pretty good right now.

Those trades were not available earlier. They would've cost more draft compensation. Ainge wanted a 1st per player.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So much to write about, I could write a dissertation based on last nights game. However I don't think anyone wants to read that so I'll try to summarize my thoughts. Last night's loss was an organizational failure. Yes the players are responsible, so is the coaching and so is the front office.

The positive I took away from this is that the Warriors overall I thought played excellent defense. The effort was there. They did so well that they were able to keep this game competitive on the road while having one of the poorest shooting nights I can recall in a while.

Lakers have had the ability thus far to have a 3rd guy step up in all of their wins. Dennis Schroeder, Austin Reaves, Lonnie Walker, D'Lo. The Warriors, aside from Steph, haven't had anyone outside from one good game from Klay. It's impossible to win that way against a team of the Lakers caliber. You could get away with it against the Kings. Not against Lebron and AD who are ready for the moment.

I have a ton of other thoughts, but mostly they pertain to the off-season so I'll leave them for now. Now it's just one game at a time to extend the season. That's all they can do.

Wiggins has been good all series as their 3rd scorer. Payton stepped up for 15 last night (just like Walker). Poole had 21 in game 1. Jermichael Green had 15 in game 2.