• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ways to make my chicken better

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lawry's steak and chop marinade, low calorie, real addes some bite to it

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am on a low sodium diet so I try to cut it out where ever I can. I love hoagies but deli meat is loaded with sodium.

So I got myself a slicer on ebay for next to nothing.

I now rub boneless skinless chicken breasts with my favorite spices. I like a creole seasoning I have.

Bake them to internal temp, cool in fridge over night and then slice them thin into deli meat.

I do a bunch of breasts and slice some into about 3/4" slices for fajitas and salads and shave some for sandwiches.

Also do a eye of round roast for deli roast beef.

Got a bread machine to make the dough for low sodium hoagie buns (Store bought bread is loaded with salt to help it rise consistently). Man, good stuff.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am on a low sodium diet so I try to cut it out where ever I can. I love hoagies but deli meat is loaded with sodium.

So I got myself a slicer on ebay for next to nothing.

I now rub boneless skinless chicken breasts with my favorite spices. I like a creole seasoning I have.

Bake them to internal temp, cool in fridge over night and then slice them thin into deli meat.

I do a bunch of breasts and slice some into about 3/4" slices for fajitas and salads and shave some for sandwiches.

Also do a eye of round roast for deli roast beef.

Got a bread machine to make the dough for low sodium hoagie buns (Store bought bread is loaded with salt to help it rise consistently). Man, good stuff.

theres a thought

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
neg for making lose a minute of my life that I can't get back.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe I lasted a minute....good God, man.

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cut the chicken into small pieces. Season with salt, pepper, and herbs. Coat in flour. Saute in olive oil or whatever until brown. Remove chicken. Add some butter and saute chopped onions for a minute or two. Add flour (equal amount as butter) and cook for about 2-3 minutes. Deglaze with 1/4 to 1/2 cup of balsamic vinegar. Stir and cook for about another 2 mintues. Add some chick stock (2 cups usually) and chicken. Cook for about another 5 mintues. Server over rice, noodles, or couscous (my favorite with this recipe).

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cut the chicken into small pieces. Season with salt, pepper, and herbs. Coat in flour. Saute in olive oil or whatever until brown. Remove chicken. Add some butter and saute chopped onions for a minute or two. Add flour (equal amount as butter) and cook for about 2-3 minutes. Deglaze with 1/4 to 1/2 cup of balsamic vinegar. Stir and cook for about another 2 mintues. Add some chick stock (2 cups usually) and chicken. Cook for about another 5 mintues. Server over rice, noodles, or couscous (my favorite with this recipe).

so much for that diet part

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
like any spice combos, or quick glazes, or different, semi-quick coooking methods

I started using a new brand of hardwood charcoal, it's B&B oak lump, the wife noticed the difference right off, really adds flavor w/o calories.

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deep Fry it

ShirleyLaughing.gif

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what's this diet shit? eat in moderation and exercise or just get outside and go ...... on foot.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is my lazy man's method. I hammer the breasts so they're all about the same thickness. Makes it easier for grilling times. Marinade overnight. Someone recommended not doing it overnight and that's probably true if you're using a heavy vinegar based marinade. But I use chicken teriyaki marinade and overnight works fine....even necessary to get the flavor to penetrate. Then grill them. I'm sure the marinade adds some calories, but if you want flavor it's pretty hard to avoid any calories.

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what's this diet shit? eat in moderation and exercise or just get outside and go ...... on foot.

That worked just fine for me until I hit 50, it's like your body forgets how to metabolize, now I have to be a little more selective when I intake my luxury carbs, get my kicks early in the day so I can burn it off before beddyby. I refuse to be a fat old man.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That worked just fine for me until I hit 50, it's like your body forgets how to metabolize, now I have to be a little more selective when I intake my luxury carbs, get my kicks early in the day so I can burn it off before beddyby. I refuse to be a fat old man.

Man, don't tell me that ..... I've been doing good with my philosophy, but I'm almost 43. So in about 7 years, I'm going to have to give up my fatty foods en sech? I have a tough decision to make.

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is my lazy man's method. I hammer the breasts so they're all about the same thickness. Makes it easier for grilling times. Marinade overnight. Someone recommended not doing it overnight and that's probably true if you're using a heavy vinegar based marinade. But I use chicken teriyaki marinade and overnight works fine....even necessary to get the flavor to penetrate. Then grill them. I'm sure the marinade adds some calories, but if you want flavor it's pretty hard to avoid any calories.

It took me a while, but after many attempts I finally perfected grilling whole breasts, tricky getting it to finish on the inside w/o burning the shit off the outside. Pierce it several times and slit the skin crossways about 3 strokes marinate w/your favorite, I usually use Italian dressing and throw some of my home dried crushed tabasco peppers on it, I like some heat, at least a couple hours.

I use the smoker box as a grill and let the coals settle pretty good, dampen the air so it doesn't cook too fast, that's the key to finishing the whole breast, start with the skin side up and turn twice so you crisp the skin nicely and finish with skin side up, stick it with my remote thermometer and let it come up to 165 deg.

That's it, I like to grill some asparagus with it, marinate them with some balsamic glaze and put them in my fish grilling basket, yum.