• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ways to make my chicken better

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It took me a while, but after many attempts I finally perfected grilling whole breasts, tricky getting it to finish on the inside w/o burning the shit off the outside. Pierce it several times and slit the skin crossways about 3 strokes marinate w/your favorite, I usually use Italian dressing and throw some of my home dried crushed tabasco peppers on it, I like some heat, at least a couple hours.

I use the smoker box as a grill and let the coals settle pretty good, dampen the air so it doesn't cook too fast, that's the key to finishing the whole breast, start with the skin side up and turn twice so you crisp the skin nicely and finish with skin side up, stick it with my remote thermometer and let it come up to 165 deg.

That's it, I like to grill some asparagus with it, marinate them with some balsamic glaze and put them in my fish grilling basket, yum.

excellent. I rarely use my fish basket, but now I have something else to use it for. :yo:

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, don't tell me that ..... I've been doing good with my philosophy, but I'm almost 43. So in about 7 years, I'm going to have to give up my fatty foods en sech? I have a tough decision to make.

Getting old sucks in many ways, but I guess it beats the alternative, lol. I don't even wonder why it hurts anymore. On the other hand it's pretty special when your grandchildren think you are the coolest Grandpa ever.
You just have to be a little more selective and pick your spots, when I see my brother-in-law and my father-in-law, I am reminded why I put forth the effort, ain't goin out like that.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Set a good example for it, be honest if it asks you a question and fair but firm if it makes a mistake.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
clb-hs-lagrille-spicy-pepper-medley-150g.jpg

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i cant see what that picutre is

GreenNickle

Go Buckeyes Beat Michigan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put butter under the skin the bake it for an hour @ 400

Made a herb butter the other day and applied it to last nights chicken.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This takes a little while but it is delicious.

Sausage and Chicken Ragu

Couple tablespoons olive oil
1 pound chorizo or andouille sausage, diced (you can use a turkey sausage if you wish, I have used a turkey andouille and worked pretty good)
3 chopped onions
2 chopped green peppers
2 tablespoons chopped garlic
1/4 cup smoked Paprika (I usually just use Paprika and a few splashes of liquid smoke)
2-3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs cut into chunks
Fresh ground pepper
4 cups white wine ( I use a Pinot Gigrio)
4 cans diced tomatoes (I use Hunts No Salt DIced)
4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
1 teaspoon turmeric

Heat the oil in a large Dutch oven and cook the sausage stirring until the edges begin to brown. Add the onion, pepper and garlic. Cover and cook until the onion is soft. Stir enough to keep from burning.
Sprinkle in Paprika while stirring to coat. Cook for a minute. Add the chicken and pepper; stir to coat. Cook stirring off and on for 5 - 10 minutes.

Add the wine and increase heat to high cooking until the wine is reduced by about a third. Depending on your pan this will tend to burn to the bottom of the pan. Stir often.

Add tomatoes, broth, parsley and turmeric; reduce heat to maintain a simmer and cook, uncovered, until the chicken is tender and the sauce is beginning to thicken, 2 - 3 hours. Season with more pepper, if desired and serve over a pasta like penne ziti or rigatoni.

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have your wife make it.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think you missed the diet part, im not gonna fry it

Dont know if you like chicken marsala, but i make it for my wife with coconut oil and a little oilive oil instead of butter.
pound chicken breasts to about 1/4 thick. 2 lrg or 4 small
light salt, pepper and oregan sprickled over chicken, then flour both sides let sit.
heat 6tbs coconut and 2 tbs oilive oil and lightly brown both sides
once brown add 1 cup sliced mushrooms and 1/2cup marsala wine
cover on low to medium heat for 10 minutes,

serve over brown rice, pasta or fresh steamed vegetables.
I know its a still alot of oil, but coconut oil is the best, and takes on the flavor of whatever you cook without tasting like coconut.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^and it is actually very good for you. (Coconut oil)

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah a friend of mine rec coconut oil, i like chicken marsala maybe i try that recipe