• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WAY too quiet! ...are you all sleeping?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, if both Cam and RW aren't near elite, or flat out elite, options most of the past 3 years, there's gotta be something not scoring the rushing side of things the way most standard leagues do, in those leagues your referring from. One of the other little nuances of the hobby that can be maddeningly frustrating at times, yet you love it at the same time.
It's the point per yard passing.

The point per yard rushing doesn't cancel it out when a guy like Cam has never even thrown for 4000 yards in a season.

That's my CBS league.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the point per yard passing.

The point per yard rushing doesn't cancel it out when a guy like Cam has never even thrown for 4000 yards in a season.

That's my CBS league.
Point per passing yard? Holy schmoly!

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Point per passing yard? Holy schmoly!
Point per yard E'RYTHING!

Two points per completion. Two per carry. Two per reception. Five per for a TE. Point per yard on FG's.(don't miss a short one or it hurts though.) It's a crazy amount of scoring. Plus it's IDP.

Touchdowns are worth the same as they are in real football. Six points. Although bonuses have found their way in depending on distance.

This is the league I grew up on. It started with USFL and NFL leagues way back when. Punters were once a part of it even. Lol.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Two points per completion. Two per carry. Two per reception. Five per for a TE. Point per yard on FG's.(don't miss a short one or it hurts though.) It's a crazy amount of scoring. Plus it's IDP.

Touchdowns are worth the same as they are in real football. Six points. Although bonuses have found their way in depending on distance.

This is the league I grew up on. It started with USFL and NFL leagues way back when. Punters were once a part of it even. Lol.
Wow, that's some high scoring stuff there

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wow that sounds absolutely insane and fantastic at the same time.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow that sounds absolutely insane and fantastic at the same time.
Major drawback to that league, no trades allowed.

Which is on me. Rather than partying first semester of my freshman year, I traded half my team ery week. Also the last year that players got yardage totals from kick and punt returns. Lol.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no fantasy points for that

He got more points than he would have had he had a 55% completion percentage :thumb:

edit plus anyone who waited to grab Stafford as their QB should have had better depth at either WR, RB, or both

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He got more points than he would have had he had a 55% completion percentage :thumb:

edit plus anyone who waited to grab Stafford as their QB should have had better depth at either WR, RB, or both
thats just making an assumption he would of thrown the exact same passes in the other scenario, but im sure he through a bunch of screens at the line, he may not of gotten anymore points

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He always throws a ton of screens thats who he is. Last season he was surpisingly effective in the RZ though 2nd to only Bortles in quarterback rating with 19 TDs and 0 ints

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy crap! How didn't you guys demolish me for this dribble last year!

1 - 7 (and the one was a DST, so it doesn't even really count)

Let's try for some redemption....

2016 - sleepers and busts

QB: Matthew Stafford... quietly productive second half and a great September schedule.
QB: Cam Newton... everyone paying for last year's numbers and more importantly last year's positional separation will be disappointed.... still a top 8, but not worth the price.

RB: Melvin Gordon... a disappointing season has everyone staying away... for now. A good summer might improve his ADP, but lots of Woodhead eyes out there (for good reason, but he ain't repeating last year!)
RB: Jamaal Charles... I understand the value in the 2nd, I just won't comply.

WR: Sammy Coates... Big Ben to the BBC! The three B's just turned into the BBC! Coates will fill Marty's shoes nicely. Wheaton is not a problem and DHB is a straight liner.
WR: DeAndre Hopkins... I just don't see a repeat of that performance. Worst 1st round pick this year. Book it.

TE: Cameron Brate... ASJ gets all the attention, unfortunately this is football, not the combine and Brate will prove better.
TE: Julius Thomas... looks good, great fit, up and coming team... I just don't trust his durability.

Happy 4th weekend gentlemen!

Now this one isn't bad! Too bad I didn't take my own advice on Charles.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow TKO you were pretty much spot on this year. Devante Adams one year late but that's ok :D