• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WAY too quiet! ...are you all sleeping?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Cam is definitely due for some regression but he's still the #1 QB in all formats. Stafford I'm not a big fan of but he'll probably be decent in fantasy.

Coates I don't get the hype with and Hopkins may regress a little but he's still a stud I wouldn't worry about him too much.

And I do like brate. I think asj is on the brink of being cut.

Yes I agree with the above, except I'm not familiar with Brate. ASJ really needs to work hard or he could be cut, not good when you get sent home because you don't know what your doing on the field.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam had never had great QB Passer peripheral stats, all but one year has been a great as far as fantasy is concerned #3, #4, #3, #17, and #1 finishes. .pretty hard to argue with. The career highs don't really worry me, he could regress to his career averages and still be a top 5 QB.

And Stafford had usually had some great numbers, but had never been a strong fantasy asset. Sure #8 sounds good but when only 1.2 points per week seperate #8 from #13 (12 team league, #13 shouldn't even be a starter) ..kinda hard to get excited about, especially given how often he's been put up there on the pedestal preseason, and has disappointed virtually every time.

Not sure what "standard " scoring system pro football reference.com uses, but they've got him being the 26th ranked QB as a rook, 40th (injured), 5th, 11th, 7th, 19th, and 9th last year, and had a HOF WR for no less than 13 games each and every season.

I can see the pro/con, pro side of not feeling the need to force the ball to Calvin, but that doesn't come close to outweighing the con of his presence on the field making every other route runner's job easier. Just can't see him doing any better, probably not even as good.

Notice I said still top 8. And it's probabaly closer to top five... but I had to push it a little bit. The bust part for me comes with his ADP. Cam and the Panthers had everything fall their way last year (until the end). Picking him in the 2nd round thinking he will be that much better than the next group is what made label him so.

Stafford under Cooter has been efficient. Very efficient.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Cam is definitely due for some regression but he's still the #1 QB in all formats. Stafford I'm not a big fan of but he'll probably be decent in fantasy.

Coates I don't get the hype with and Hopkins may regress a little but he's still a stud I wouldn't worry about him too much.

And I do like brate. I think asj is on the brink of being cut.

He's only the number one QB because of last year. That is a mistake. Just like Rodgers and Luck were mistakes last year.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't realize Coates was getting hype. I remember getting trashed for trading for him in which the consensus was Funchess is better.

Hopkins... well, yeah, stud... but top ten overall stud? Meh, I'll let someone else have that.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's only the number one QB because of last year. That is a mistake. Just like Rodgers and Luck were mistakes last year.
I dunno, 3 of four years top 5, seems more like a pattern of consistency more so than an exception or mistake. I've got a hard time believing he'll be anything but in that group of 4-5 guys who are head and shoulders above the rest, maybe not#1, but in the running

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe that's why but it shouldn't be the only reason. Only 3 QBs have multiple top ten fantasy qb seasons in their career. Cam newton is one of them. He's also finished as the QB #3, #4, #3, #17, and #1 respectively throughout his career. (I think he was one last year if not he was 2 or 3). So while I think he may be due for some regression he's legit and may have even been under drafted in the d2 draft.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notice I said still top 8. And it's probabaly closer to top five... but I had to push it a little bit. The bust part for me comes with his ADP. Cam and the Panthers had everything fall their way last year (until the end). Picking him in the 2nd round thinking he will be that much better than the next group is what made label him so.

Stafford under Cooter has been efficient. Very efficient.
True, but he's also always had an alien from krypton drawing double, sometimes triple teams away from his other options. Can he be that way when defenses can play the field straight up and not one on one three quarters of the field? Entirely possible I guess, yet I have strong doubts.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't realize Coates was getting hype. I remember getting trashed for trading for him in which the consensus was Funchess is better

Mmm wasn't it Funchess and DeAngelo Williams for Coates ?

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anybody ever post their own personal rankings? I've been working on my dynasty rankings and im tempted to share them when I'm done but I'm not sure if that's a bad idea considering I'm in a dynasty league with most of you now.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anybody ever post their own personal rankings? I've been working on my dynasty rankings and im tempted to share them when I'm done but I'm not sure if that's a bad idea considering I'm in a dynasty league with most of you now.

Definitely!

Actually the wonderful wil of white has blessed us with an in depth ranking system for years now... not sure if that will return this year or not... but yes, expect to see some rankings all over the place!

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe that's why but it shouldn't be the only reason. Only 3 QBs have multiple top ten fantasy qb seasons in their career. Cam newton is one of them. He's also finished as the QB #3, #4, #3, #17, and #1 respectively throughout his career. (I think he was one last year if not he was 2 or 3). So while I think he may be due for some regression he's legit and may have even been under drafted in the d2 draft.

Kind of my point. Drafted high after his third year... finished 17th. Drafted low (or un drafted) the next year and finishes 1st. Now he's drafted first. We gotta stop chasing tails!

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of my point. Drafted high after his third year... finished 17th. Drafted low (or un drafted) the next year and finishes 1st. Now he's drafted first. We gotta stop chasing tails!

It's not like where he's drafted has to do with how well he'll play. At least in dynasty there's really no argument for any qb over him. And even in redraft 4 out of 5 seasons he's been a top 5 QB. How many qbs can you say that about?

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most all of us do..at least for redraft anyways

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not like where he's drafted has to do with how well he'll play. At least in dynasty there's really no argument for any qb over him. And even in redraft 4 out of 5 seasons he's been a top 5 QB. How many qbs can you say that about?

Oh yeah... dynasty is a different animal. And I don't think he'll be 17th again... I just think everyone that drafts him will be saying I wish I took (RB/WR) here and just settled for Eli.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah... dynasty is a different animal. And I don't think he'll be 17th again... I just think everyone that drafts him will be saying I wish I took (RB/WR) here and just settled for Eli.

Well there I agree with you. I don't think qb is very important in fantasy so it's tough for me to pass up a Sammy Watkins for even the top qb in fantasy.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting, In CBS, Yahoo, ESPN, ..basically anything I can think of but Fantrax's "standard" scoring, Stafford never outscored Cam..outside of 2014.
Must be something in how they scoring the rushing side of his game.
I didn't use my CBS league, since he was second twice. Brees and Staff were easily the top two over the last five years.

Cam isn't that great of an option outside of last year. Wilson really isn't startable much.

Standard scoring is still odd to me tbh.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Staff just needed some Cooter to get his head straight.
You know better than anyone how I've never been a fan of tubby ol' Numba Nine.

But I'm more confident in season 8 than I have been with him in any of his previous 7.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't use my CBS league, since he was second twice. Brees and Staff were easily the top two over the last five years.

Cam isn't that great of an option outside of last year. Wilson really isn't startable much.

Standard scoring is still odd to me tbh.
Yeah, if both Cam and RW aren't near elite, or flat out elite, options most of the past 3 years, there's gotta be something not scoring the rushing side of things the way most standard leagues do, in those leagues your referring from. One of the other little nuances of the hobby that can be maddeningly frustrating at times, yet you love it at the same time.