• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Way OT

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Anyone know a good, free video converter for macs that can convert MP4 to MPEG or any format compatible with PS3?

Thanks in advance.

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If just need to stream, try the ps3 media server. You don't have to convert the file to play on the PS3. All you need is the codec on your PC/MAC.

PS3 Media Server

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Thanks, that leaves me with an inconvenience rather than a problem. I've got an old PC that I refuse to put on the internet (just the local network) that I use for my media server. I got a mac last year that's a pain in the ass to connect with the PC.

The mac has the codec, the PC doesn't. MP4 I'll have to stream from the Mac. I'll just try to avoid mp4.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone know a good, free video converter for macs that can convert MP4 to MPEG or any format compatible with PS3?

Thanks in advance.

Handbrake works pretty well I haven't used it in awhile but check that out (if I remember it correctly it was kinda slow unless you had a nicely speced rig) HandBrake

Also MP4 can play natively on the PS3 shouldn't need to convert also if you have an external hard drive you can just load it up and press triangle in the video menu and all the files that you have should show up and play.