• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Watched the Sugar bowl twice in the last few days

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vacated.

Ohio State Buckeyes vacate wins from last football season - ESPN

And not just vacated. The NCAA made exceptions to allow ineligible players to play, only to later find out of a massive cover up that resulted in the careers of those players being over and your beloved head coach being fired.

But 7 others huh? Wow!

the comment made was tOSU couldn't beat SEC teams.

In fact they did beat an SEC team. Who cares if it was vacated. OSU talent beat SEC talent.

Looks like I proved that comment wrong.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im a Bama fan and Im not thinned skin. I recognize and admit when my team gets that ass whooped. I can admit that Eric Striker slapped Cyrus Koundjios man titties around for 4 quarters and ******ed AJ Mccarron all night.

Turn in your Bama Nation card you are a disgrace to 85%ers.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember when there was hardly a bama fan to be found on college football message boards.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My personal opinion is that statement is total bullshit. Do we have fans that are thin skinned? yes, but what fanbase doesnt. On the average Bama fans (especially on here)are not more or less thin skinned than the next fanbase.

As for cutthroat, I dont see that on here very often and certainly dont see it in the real world among the large amount of Bama, Auburn, Georgia and Tennessee fans that I am around daily. What I see is a group of fans that get along with other fanbases and can cut up and have fun. Cutthroat isnt allowed if your a Bama fan, we get sent to the TB if we get out of line:whistle:

Well, most of those outside of T-town or the South period for that matter... We see it much differently. I actually probably fall closer to the "passion" of a Southern football fan compared to my West Coast brothers. I won't deny that.

But people out here laugh at Bama fans. How live or die they the Tide and how often the self worth of an individual hinges on their beloved Tide's football success or lack of it.

I don't go that far. And I am sure allot of Tide fans don't either. But overwhelmingly, there is more of this type of passion down there in SEC land, and further in T-town.

Like I said, I am much closer to the SEC fan's passion about my Ducks than I am the typical west coast fan.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im a Bama fan and Im not thinned skin. I recognize and admit when my team gets that ass whooped. I can admit that Eric Striker slapped Cyrus Koundjios man titties around for 4 quarters and ******ed AJ Mccarron all night.

And you're right, which is what I stated in the first post of this thread that I made.

In that same post I also stated this was yet another attempt by the OU poster to get a pat on the back for a game they had received gracious plenty by all the Bama fans that were on here.

My only point of my mini-rant in here is that this thread was created with one thing in mind, to start an eventual troll Bama thread that would end up as it is heading currently.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, most of those outside of T-town or the South period for that matter... We see it much differently. I actually probably fall closer to the "passion" of a Southern football fan compared to my West Coast brothers. I won't deny that.

But people out here laugh at Bama fans. How live or die they the Tide and how often the self worth of an individual hinges on their beloved Tide's football success or lack of it.

I don't go that far. And I am sure allot of Tide fans don't either. But overwhelmingly, there is more of this type of passion down there in SEC land, and further in T-town.

Like I said, I am much closer to the SEC fan's passion about my Ducks than I am the typical west coast fan.

I agree that you are a passionate fan(not OD passionate though:lol:) for a west coaster. SEC fans are rabid in their fandom, that is no secret, but I don't see the live or die by the wins mentality in the everyday fans down here. I don't see anyone's self worth tied to the Tide or any other SEC team(except maybe the Barners:boink:). I will say this much, on a message board you get all kinds, but for the most part I dont see any one fanbase that I see alot of daily hanging on to what their team does so tight they are ready to lose it all if they dont win a game or win a title. OD is the only one I know who is that rabid. Bama fans have high expectations because we have the best coach in the NCAA and our recruiting classes have been top ranked each year.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that you are a passionate fan(not OD passionate though:lol:) for a west coaster. SEC fans are rabid in their fandom, that is no secret, but I don't see the live or die by the wins mentality in the everyday fans down here. I don't see anyone's self worth tied to the Tide or any other SEC team(except maybe the Barners:boink:). I will say this much, on a message board you get all kinds, but for the most part I dont see any one fanbase that I see alot of daily hanging on to what their team does so tight they are ready to lose it all if they dont win a game or win a title. OD is the only one I know who is that rabid. Bama fans have high expectations because we have the best coach in the NCAA and our recruiting classes have been top ranked each year.

forget the message boards. Just look around you. I guess you are just used to it. You use an example of a message board guy. All you have to do is read twitter, look at youtube, or listen to the radio to get it. These sources are a sampling that don't lie.

Bama fans more often than not be cray cray. With Phyllis leading the charge.

There is a difference in passion for your team and ones self worth hanging on team's success. It is a fact. That describes Bama fans more so than any other team. Not saying you or anyone else from Tide Nation here @ SportsHoopla (that isnt banned.) . But as a whole, ya... That is how the nation views your fans. And tangible evidence backs it up. wake up and look around. twiter, radio, youtube, ya... No other fanbase shows up like the Tide for that type of fan.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no reason in denying it. Embrace it BWB. It isn't the worst thing in the world.

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OU has the same amount of National Championships as tOSU so why would it be horrifying for them to have the exact same amount of titles but more BCS bowl wins?

I think you got a little over your head when you tried to chime in here.

time for you to take a knee.

It's like telling Bill Gates "Congrats" you're in the same class as Steve Jobs.

Bugeyed math. 7=5

:laugh3:

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OU has the same amount of National Championships as tOSU so why would it be horrifying for them to have the exact same amount of titles but more BCS bowl wins?

I think you got a little over your head when you tried to chime in here.

time for you to take a knee.

It's like telling Bill Gates "Congrats" you're in the same class as Steve Jobs.

Bugeyed math. 7=5

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never :finger2:

I guess you're right, atleast we dont have OD:laugh3:

perfect example. My point is proven.

Bama fans logic... "Well at least we ________"

or

"We have ________ you don't."

And you are at the higher end of intelligence for Bama fans. My point proven. :suds:

"My piggly wiggly is better than yo piggly wiggly" -Bama fans

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
perfect example. My point is proven.

Bama fans logic... "Well at least we ________"

or

"We have ________ you don't."

And you are at the higher end of intelligence for Bama fans. My point proven. :suds:

"My piggly wiggly is better than yo piggly wiggly" -Bama fans

You haven't even scratched the surface.