• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BCS last year: Memories and 2013 projections

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. A lot of people thing A&M has a shot at the Natty this year...which is a far cry from what I was hearing last year.

Hell yeah they have a shot.

The thing I'm most excited to see with Manziel is how well he does for an extended time. We've all seen Cam Newton succeed like that, but for only one year, and we saw Tebow, but that dude was surrounded by top notch talent. So I'm eager to see if Manziel will continue to produce in the same way he did last season. Because A&M is talented, but not close to Meyer/Tebow lead UF.

We also saw Tebow cry during his second meeting with the Crimson Tide....lets see about Manziel. :yahoo:

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Historically, it has been better. Going into this year, I don't see it. We had more ranked teams at the end of last year and more teams receiving votes, so the voters clearly would disagree wholeheartedly with you.
The bigger point is.... who gives a fuck

Page after page of debating which conference is better than the other seems pointless. But to draw any conclusions from the sources each side is using isn't a complete evaluation anyway. The Pac played a total of 110 Games vs each other last season. Pretty easy to tell how to divide up 12 teams in 110 matches. How many games did the Pac play vs the Big12? 4 and they went 2-2.

This is why I say all rankings are really opinions and not fact. There are so few games between teams in one conference and teams outside of it that there is no reasonable way to compare any teams from different conferences. You can rank teams within a conference with established fact, but everything else is pure conjecture and always has been.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell yeah they have a shot.

The thing I'm most excited to see with Manziel is how well he does for an extended time. We've all seen Cam Newton succeed like that, but for only one year, and we saw Tebow, but that dude was surrounded by top notch talent. So I'm eager to see if Manziel will continue to produce in the same way he did last season. Because A&M is talented, but not close to Meyer/Tebow lead UF.

We also saw Tebow cry during his second meeting with the Crimson Tide....lets see about Manziel. :yahoo:

That would be so great if he could stick it to Bama yet again this year. Man, that kid is so incredible. What an athlete. I HOPE HE BLOWS UP........AGAIN.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SoxOSU, Bottom line, The B1G's best team tOSU struggled with PAC bottom feeder 3-9 Cal at Columbus... I think that speaks volumes.

Your Rose Bowl representative lost to 2 PAC teams, Oregon State and Stanford.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be so great if he could stick it to Bama yet again this year. Man, that kid is so incredible. What an athlete. I HOPE HE BLOWS UP........AGAIN.

I wouldn't count on it since by the 2nd qtr of that game he was pretty much handled, and while he got all the hype, it was actually the A&M defense that gave them the win.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hope your internet goes out, you don't deserve it, typing like that!

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't count on it since by the 2nd qtr of that game he was pretty much handled, and while he got all the hype, it was actually the A&M defense that gave them the win.

Totally. They certainly "handled" him and that offense alright. For sure. Oh wait. That was LSU.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game recognize game. The Tide is still the best in the here and now......

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally. They certainly "handled" him and that offense alright. For sure. Oh wait. That was LSU.

They scored 21 points in the 1st qtr of a game that had a final score of 29-24. 7 of that was just blind luck in having a fumbled football bounce right back in his hands which was fumbled just long enough to cause the coverage to come towards the ball.

The real story of the game was AJ threw 2 interceptions in the game of the 3 he had ALL YEAR. Including what would have been a game winning drive at the end of the game that resulted in the 2nd INT at the goal line.

The A&M defense did not get the credit it deserved in that game. They gave Manziel the Heisman.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was sitting in the stands of Aloha Stadium watching Boise beat the dog shit out of a hapless Hawaii team while Bama and A&M were playing and I'm thinking, "This is great. I feel fortunate to be watching my Broncos and enjoying this beautiful scenery and weather." Honestly all I could do is continually track the game on my phone. Meanwhile it is blowing up with text messages from friends and family saying, "Are you watching this shit?!!!" "Sadly, no I am not. But please keep me up to date as things develop!"

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They scored 21 points in the 1st qtr of a game that had a final score of 29-24. 7 of that was just blind luck in having a fumbled football bounce right back in his hands which was fumbled just long enough to cause the coverage to come towards the ball.

The real story of the game was AJ threw 2 interceptions in the game of the 3 he had ALL YEAR. Including what would have been a game winning drive at the end of the game that resulted in the 2nd INT at the goal line.

The A&M defense did not get the credit it deserved in that game. They gave Manziel the Heisman.

Agreed. Manziel is very good QB, but the defense was all about it that game.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Manziel is very good QB, but the defense was all about it that game.
I agree, JF is a great QB but that D played well and held that game together. Bama came out flat and TAMU took big advantage of that early, but Bama was getting things together after the 1st.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SoxOSU, Bottom line, The B1G's best team tOSU struggled with PAC bottom feeder 3-9 Cal at Columbus... I think that speaks volumes.

Your Rose Bowl representative lost to 2 PAC teams, Oregon State and Stanford.

Bottom line? Really? Cal also beat UCLA's ass worse in one game than Pac Champ Stanford could in 2 games. I'm pretty sure UCLA was one of the top teams in the Pac, no? You didn't see Iowa beating Nebraska or Wisconsin by 3+ TDs. Cal caught OSU in their 3rd game under a brand new head coach in a brand new offense. By year's end, we were playing completely different football.

Our Rose Bowl representative was also our 6th best team during the season. They lost to the Pac 1 and 3 teams by a combined 10 points, and both games were essentially on the road. This is what I mean. The conferences were really, really close last year, and this year I don't see the Pac being any better simply because they lost more as a whole than the B1G.