• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Was this Calvin's last home game in the D?

Is Calvin a Lion in 2016?

• Yes, they'll restructure his contract.

Votes: 11 61.1%
  • No, he will move on from him.

Votes: 7 38.9%

• Total voters

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isnt time to move on ?

Far too many injuries, far too many no show weeks these days for CJ

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably before he new Suh was looking for 20 mil a year.

Suh was looking to be the highest paid. Dolphins made the 20 mill a year a possible. Suh never said 20. Not one person here I believe would have stayed either. Instead doing the same as Suh.

Can't protect CJ while bashing Suh for both really wanting the most money they can make.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suh was looking to be the highest paid. Dolphins made the 20 mill a year a possible. Suh never said 20. Not one person here I believe would have stayed either. Instead doing the same as Suh.

Can't protect CJ while bashing Suh for both really wanting the most money they can make.

Agreed. There were some here though that was bashing management for not retaining him when there was never a chance of that happening. We can bash them for lying about it and screwing up the cap, but not for the result. If anything I am grateful they screwed it up because now with CJ numbers coming down by hook or crook and an increase in cap allowed this team will be able to build up again with a new GM rather quickly.

We also found out that Austin was the reason the defense got so good and not just 1 or 2 players. We lost all our DTs and our best LB and still had an average defense (which would have been a million times better without the 20 turnovers by the offense in first half of the season).

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He kept his TD ball. He probably thinks it's a real a possibility.
That's what crossed my mind at the time too.

Also thought it was funny that he fumbled it on his way to the sideline. Fitting.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calvin is a fan favorite and he's nowhere near being washed up. CJ isn't worth the money when the Lions Are Not playing to win, but he's an asset when the Lions aren't playing to lose.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what crossed my mind at the time too.

Also thought it was funny that he fumbled it on his way to the sideline. Fitting.

He was just contacted by the NFL front office and was informed that he did not complete the process of the catch. He will have to return the ball ASAP.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I already know CJ will not take a pay cut. He showed me that last year.

No I will not criticize CJ, I didn't do it to Suh(much) other than stating the obvious of him taking the money. Same as I would of done. The ones who got or should have gotten all the vilification was Mayhew and Lewand. Which they took plenty from several of y'all

Me either. I've never turned down a raise and don't expect anyone else to either, including pro athletes. I'll never quite understand this fan mentality.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We also found out that Austin was the reason the defense got so good and not just 1 or 2 players. We lost all our DTs and our best LB and still had an average defense (which would have been a million times better without the 20 turnovers by the offense in first half of the season).

Lions ranked 25th in total points surrendered. They were 2nd last year.

Lions D got a million times worse, whatever the reason, and Austin prob lost his opportunity to become a HC in this league a mere year after interviewing with 7 or 8 teams.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lions D got a million times worse, whatever the reason, and Austin prob lost his opportunity to become a HC in this league a mere year after interviewing with 7 or 8 teams.

Under 20 points a game in the second half of the year once the offense stopped turning the ball over multiple times a game in their own end. They were over 30 a game in the first half of the year.

Thats top 10.

There are very few people outside of this board that does not think Austin is very impressive. He has made some rookie mistakes as I have pointed out many this year, but overall he is still good. Once he figured out Tully the Turtle (nor T Lewis for that matter) and Mathis couldnt cover anyone, he made the necessary adjustments as well.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would like that if he got to stay in Detroit.

I will ask this of you Rob. Last year Austin was just a Rooney rule with those 7 or 8 interviews sa cording to you. That GMs knew it was all because of Suh. Now you use them as if he He had a chance at those jobs and screwed himself.

I would like to know how the Lions ranked from games 1-8 and 9-15? in points surrendered?

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Under 20 points a game in the second half of the year once the offense stopped turning the ball over multiple times a game in their own end. They were over 30 a game in the first half of the year.

Thats top 10.

There are very few people outside of this board that does not think Austin is very impressive. He has made some rookie mistakes as I have pointed out many this year, but overall he is still good. Once he figured out Tully the Turtle (nor T Lewis for that matter) and Mathis couldnt cover anyone, he made the necessary adjustments as well.

Guess I should have kept reading. No Mathis and I-Digs being replaced was huge. I know will never give credit to Ngata, but he started playing better around mid way once he was 100%. I believe Lombardi being fired was also a huge lift for the defense, as the started getting some rest between series.

I do agree with the turnovers. Plus/minus is huge and is rather lopsided between last year and this year.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like that if he got to stay in Detroit.

I will ask this of you Rob. Last year Austin was just a Rooney rule with those 7 or 8 interviews sa cording to you. That GMs knew it was all because of Suh. Now you use them as if he He had a chance at those jobs and screwed himself.

I would like to know how the Lions ranked from games 1-8 and 9-15? in points surrendered?

I think he killed his chances this year dropping from 2nd to 25th. For sure.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thats top 10.

If you're right, he will be a HC next year. I don't see it happening, but ya never know.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're right, he will be a HC next year. I don't see it happening, but ya never know.

Keeping my fingers crossed. The way our younger DBs improved this year was nothing short of phenomenal. I am still concerned. The only bright spot for coaching next year is that Cooter is getting better and better but noone is really talking about it. Lions are moving the ball quite well recently which will take pressure off the defense.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keeping my fingers crossed. The way our younger DBs improved this year was nothing short of phenomenal. I am still concerned. The only bright spot for coaching next year is that Cooter is getting better and better but noone is really talking about it. Lions are moving the ball quite well recently which will take pressure off the defense.

Another concern I have is the fact that our D has only 15 takeaways this year vs. 27 last year. I understand sometimes it's just how the ball bounces, but that's darn near cut in half.

Believe it or not, we only have 4 more giveaways this year on O than last year (24 vs 20) w one game to go. That's basically a wash.

Our +/- issues this year is truly all on the D when you really analyze it. We were +19 last year. -7 this year.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another concern I have is the fact that our D has only 15 takeaways this year vs. 27 last year. I understand sometimes it's just how the ball bounces, but that's darn near cut in half.

Believe it or not, we only have 4 more giveaways this year on O than last year (24 vs 20) w one game to go. That's basically a wash.

Our +/- issues this year is truly all on the D when you really analyze it. We were +19 last year. -7 this year.

Need to add a couple good LBs. Bynes and Whitehead are decent and maybe Copeland. The rest can go. Hopefully get Levy back and add 2 more. LBs who are effective in coverage can cause havoc in the secondary even if they are not making the picks themselves.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is not getting 24 mil next year. Another team like Tennessee could give him 15+ though. Rams are another. Lots of teams would. Not sure if we can afford that in a restructure though.

Yeah, all the elite players like AJ Green, Dez Bryant and D. Thomas signed long term deals at 15 million a year. Mini-Millen signs Calvin to 20+ million a year.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Got a feeling the coaching staff will be staying for next year but on a very short leash.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need to add a couple good LBs. Bynes and Whitehead are decent and maybe Copeland. The rest can go. Hopefully get Levy back and add 2 more. LBs who are effective in coverage can cause havoc in the secondary even if they are not making the picks themselves.

100% agree. I really feel like Mayhew failed to address the LBs last few years, relying way too much on Levy and especially Tulloch. Whitehead (a 5th rounder) was drafted years ago. Not a single backer taken in the top three rounds since Levy many years ago.