• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Was Riley Our First Choice?

NE1tm2nv

The Power of RED
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,682.28
Fav. Team #1
Riley "will be" the savior you boyz have longed for since Osborne. He just needs the tools to succeed with> He goes as far as his athletes want to go. IF NOT...beers on me.

Mikes a run first, toss the rwak second kinda guy. Loves his TEs and O-line.

I sure hope soooooooooo

I can't wait to see what he can do. I'm hoping we can put 4 quarters of football together again.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw your post on Facebook though. Do you KNOW he will have two assistants at the game with him or just assuming?

Didn't know I was friends with you but yeah, it's what I heard. No word on who the assistants are or what they will be coaching. Maybe it is just him saying he wants to have at least 2 hires by Sunday's game.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jed doesn't assume anything

I try not to because you know what happens when you assume.

I do however assume that your mom is ready for me when I come over every night. That is more of a guarantee than an assumption but whatever.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's having himself a regular PMS outbreak today.

NE1tm2nv

The Power of RED
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,682.28
Fav. Team #1
I don't think we'll see losing seasons. Maybe the first year as a new system is being installed, but after that they should win at least 6 year in and year out.

I don't see conference championships though.

I think as fans we look into this stuff too deeply. Like there's some secret behind the scenes plan to greatness.

Of everybody I saw interviewed in the media today when asked why Riley was a great hire, there was a long pause as they thought and all they could get out was "he's a great guy".

They'd then start talking about how great he recruited Texas and California, and how great he is at developing players and the success he's brought to Oregon St. Then the interviewer would ask why it hasn't translated onto the field in wins and they revert back to "but he's such a nice guy".

I absolutely hated HWSNBN when he was first hired. I had a good idea what he brought to the table. His first year, he force fed his system into our players, that was smashing a square peg into a round hole from the get go.

At least with Mike, thus far he has said the right things. When asked what type of offense he's going to run. He answered that it was really up to the players abilities, so I don't think we'll see huge changes from the start. He's willing to work with what he has on board right now and try too fine tune that.

I'm going to remain on the fence for now and give him the benefit of the doubt. I hope he can get it done here with great success.

He know's this is his last hoorah for a chance to put a team on par with championship level competition.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Riley was 2nd choice.

You all know who was the first

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
After establishing the run game, Mike loves the "play action" pass. A lil' right side TE drag left...QB roll right on three BABY!

Wide open.

It's worked well. Three of the last five seasons were losing ones.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
LMAO.... You're that old guy in the grocery line that got all pissed off when I farted and blamed it on him.....

:pound:

:dance:

You do realize that we got a coach who was close to being fired? Nice going Eichorst!

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6a0120a85dcdae970b01287770a775970c-pi.jpg

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Three of his last five seasons were losing ones, you figure it out. How many more losing seasons would they have tolerated there considering they now know what it's like to win?

You realize you are talking about Oregon State, right? A school that had a streak of 28 losing seasons in a row?

Also, it's nice to know that your "facts" are just pulled out of your ass.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Three of his last five seasons were losing ones, you figure it out. How many more losing seasons would they have tolerated there considering they now know what it's like to win?

I figured it out. You talk out of your ass