• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Was Riley Our First Choice?

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was this morning in the other thread.

Like a kid that didn't have his nap. Just throwing tantrums all over the place.

NE1tm2nv

The Power of RED
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,682.28
Fav. Team #1
You do realize that we got a coach who was close to being fired? Nice going Eichorst!

All I know of coach Riley is what I've read on here and a view other articles.

I was born N and I'll continue to support this team through thick-n-thin.

I'm going to give this man a "FAIR SHOT" and hold off on judgment until I see what he can do. He has done nothing but accept a job with the team I love and will continue to follow.

I'm going to wish upon him the same wishes I gave to Bo; I wish him all the success and glory a man can achieve, only time will tell if he's able to achieve the goals set before him.

He know's damn good and well what he's here for and what's expected of him. That's got to be enough pressure in and of itself, without our fanbase throwing him under the bus before he even gets out of the gates.

We are NEBRASKA - one of the greatest football programs to have played the game.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You realize you are talking about Oregon State, right? A school that had a streak of 28 losing seasons in a row?

Also, it's nice to know that your "facts" are just pulled out of your ass.

Riley turned them into a winner, I give him props for that, but that winner should have continued to win, and by that I'm not saying he should have 10 or better wins per season now, but winning seasons. He appears to have shot his wad, so what does Eichorst do? He hires him while he's sloping downward. Nice hire Eich!

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Riley turned them into a winner, I give him props for that, but that winner should have continued to win, and by that I'm not saying he should have 10 or better wins per season now, but winning seasons. He appears to have shot his wad, so what does Eichorst do? He hires him while he's sloping downward. Nice hire Eich!

You do not have a clue as to what he is going to do here. No one does. You can't say "he did this at OSU, so he'll do this at Nebraska." The two are not comparable. So since you have no idea what is going to happen, why don't you just wait for SOMETHING to happen before bitching about it?

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If I'm wrong, I'll eat crow, but I have a strong feeling I'm not wrong.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You do not have a clue as to what he is going to do here. No one does. You can't say "he did this at OSU, so he'll do this at Nebraska." The two are not comparable. So since you have no idea what is going to happen, why don't you just wait for SOMETHING to happen before bitching about it?

But you're wrong, I do have a clue. At a top tier school like Nebraska you just don't throw the keys to any coach, but a coach who has had a REAL winning football resume. Okay, I'm ready to move on, but I'm not excited about the Nebraska football future.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you're wrong, I do have a clue. At a top tier school like Nebraska you just don't throw the keys to any coach, but a coach who has had a REAL winning football resume. Okay, I'm ready to move on, but I'm not excited about the Nebraska football future.

Name some coaches that, according to you, have "REAL winning football resumes" and would come to Nebraska. Remember that we likely could not hire Tressel due to the NCAA sanctions, and the fact that half of the state would revolt because that's not the type of person we want to be associated with.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No he read somewhere that Tressel wanted to come here and that Eichorst didn't know Tressel coached football so he never thought of asking him.

Don't ask him where though cause it might of just been gas.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
All I know of coach Riley is what I've read on here and a view other articles.

I was born N and I'll continue to support this team through thick-n-thin.

I'm going to give this man a "FAIR SHOT" and hold off on judgment until I see what he can do. He has done nothing but accept a job with the team I love and will continue to follow.

I'm going to wish upon him the same wishes I gave to Bo; I wish him all the success and glory a man can achieve, only time will tell if he's able to achieve the goals set before him.

He know's damn good and well what he's here for and what's expected of him. That's got to be enough pressure in and of itself, without our fanbase throwing him under the bus before he even gets out of the gates.

We are NEBRASKA - one of the greatest football programs to have played the game.

I'm not throwing him under the bus, that may come later, but I'm reluctantly ready to move on and while I cringe I am hoping for a miracle.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Name some coaches that, according to you, have "REAL winning football resumes" and would come to Nebraska. Remember that we likely could not hire Tressel due to the NCAA sanctions, and the fact that half of the state would revolt because that's not the type of person we want to be associated with.

Patterson or Johnson, to name a couple. Were they even asked? Probably not. Tressel could have been hired after the 2015 season, am I right or wrong? I'm pretty sure Bo would have had at least one blowout loss and one implosion during a game next year, so that would have been enough for Eichorst to fire him.

In my previous post I said I'm moving on, so leave me alone now! :lol:

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patterson or Johnson, to name a couple. Were they even asked? Probably not. Tressel could have been hired after the 2015 season, am I right or wrong? I'm pretty sure Bo would have had at least one blowout loss and one implosion during a game next year, so that would have been enough for Eichorst to fire him.

In my previous post I said I'm moving on, so leave me alone now! :lol:

Patterson wouldn't come here. Want to see our recruiting go to zilch? Start running Johnson's offense. You don't get to the pros by running the option, and that's what it's about anymore.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No he read somewhere that Tressel wanted to come here and that Eichorst didn't know Tressel coached football so he never thought of asking him.

Don't ask him where though cause it might of just been gas.

No see there was a little downstairs mix up, someone mentioned the old OSU coach and SE thought it was Oregon State OSU, who just so happened to have an old coach, instead of OSU's JT

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahh, now that makes perfect sense. tOSU not OSU God Damn It!!!