• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Warriors - Sixers trade

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck...

Exactly.

good luck to the 6ers.

If they decide to deal Simmons, they are going to get a good return. Might be a little better than this Warriors idea.

Won’t be a lot better.

There is a reason many 6er fans want to trade him. And it isn’t because they think he is a great asset that can return a massive haul.

it is because they don’t think he and Embiid fit and he is the lesser player between the 2.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm inclined to trade the pick because I think this draft is the worst draft in years. Maybe since the early 00s. It's terrible. Obviously somebody will pop because they typically always do but I don't particularly like a single guy at the top and the rest of the draft is made up of a bunch of guys that "might" be role players off the bench.

All that said, you could talk into them keeping the pick and taking Wiseman. Getting a healthy Curry and Klay back automatically makes them championship contenders next year. Curry/Klay/Draymond/Wiggins/platoon center will be solid. Wiseman won't be asked to do much and can excell in that limited platoon role. Maybe sign Boogie on the cheap as well.

I'd pursue Beal so long as the price isn't too high. I'm not giving up multiple 1sts. With the price of the Warriors roster being what it is, I need those picks since they're cheap or can be used later to get other players. Washington needs to blow that shit up, they know it, so I'm offering the bare minimum. Something like Wiggins, #2 and a role player. That's it. If the Wiz can get more elsewhere for him, good for them.

the worst since 2000.

but even that has guys who popped unexpectedly.

turkoglu, Michael redd etc.

There will be gems. There are in every class.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they keep they pick the warriors should take Wiseman

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm inclined to trade the pick because I think this draft is the worst draft in years. Maybe since the early 00s. It's terrible. Obviously somebody will pop because they typically always do but I don't particularly like a single guy at the top and the rest of the draft is made up of a bunch of guys that "might" be role players off the bench.

All that said, you could talk into them keeping the pick and taking Wiseman. Getting a healthy Curry and Klay back automatically makes them championship contenders next year. Curry/Klay/Draymond/Wiggins/platoon center will be solid. Wiseman won't be asked to do much and can excell in that limited platoon role. Maybe sign Boogie on the cheap as well.

I'd pursue Beal so long as the price isn't too high. I'm not giving up multiple 1sts. With the price of the Warriors roster being what it is, I need those picks since they're cheap or can be used later to get other players. Washington needs to blow that shit up, they know it, so I'm offering the bare minimum. Something like Wiggins, #2 and a role player. That's it. If the Wiz can get more elsewhere for him, good for them.

I said a while back in another thread the warriors should consider Boogie again. He’d have a larger role than he would have with Durant and be more focal to the team. I think Marc Gasol is going to be a major target for the Warriors in the off season. But Boogie is a very nice fall back guy.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said a while back in another thread the warriors should consider Boogie again. He’d have a larger role than he would have with Durant and be more focal to the team. I think Marc Gasol is going to be a major target for the Warriors in the off season. But Boogie is a very nice fall back guy.

milsap and ibaka could also work

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

At this point, I would think there are many better options than Boogie. Last 2 seasons big season-ending injuries. Gasol....could definitely happen and he is getting older might accept less money

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point, I would think there are many better options than Boogie. Last 2 seasons big season-ending injuries. Gasol....could definitely happen and he is getting older might accept less money
Boogie is the kind of guy you sign for a multi year MLE with the hopes he regains it mid year of the first season. If he’s a 14 and 8 guy in 22-24 minutes a game that’s well worth a full MLE.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boogie is the kind of guy you sign for a multi year MLE with the hopes he regains it mid year of the first season. If he’s a 14 and 8 guy in 22-24 minutes a game that’s well worth a full MLE.

I just think you need a big athletic defender/screener far more than you need a scorer who will need the ball.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think you need a big athletic defender/screener far more than you need a scorer who will need the ball.
Yeah definitely hoping Chriss can fill that role. The Warriors have him and Looney. Boogie would help fill a scoring void in the second unit.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did a thread on what the Ws should do a while back, but now that we know more about who's got what pick, and how teams have looked in the playoffs, I wanted to ask the board something narrower.

Word on the street is the Ws really want to trade the #2 pick they just got, that they planned to no matter where it fell. Obviously they need something worthwhile back.

Sixers may decide to get a new coach and run it back, but they may also be looking to split up their ill fitting stars and retool.

So from all y'all:

Warriors trade Wiggins, the #2 this year, and the Minnesota first next year for Simmons. Who says no? Maybe the Ws throw in their first from next year too?

While Embiid might be better for the Ws, the Sixers I think would rather keep him of the two. And the Ws have plenty of shooting with Curry and Klay, Simmons doesn't need to be a shooter for them.

Other thoughts? Should the Ws draft Wiseman instead and hopefully see Wiggins be a better fit in SF than Minny, as the #3 guy?

My guess is that they are strongly leaning towards trading the pick. Edwards probably goes number 1, and Wiseman and Ball have some question marks. All 3 will need some time to develop, so the best move for a win now team like the Warriors could be to trade the #2 pick to net a good starter and a later pick. Maybe they can draft a player who looks like he can be useful right now like Vassell or Bey.

That said, I wouldn't mind taking the chance that Wiseman, Ball, or Edwards (if he's available) will become superstars.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m off wiesman.

balls size and passing would be interesting But he really needs to learn to shoot

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the Sixers, the future and most importantly winning...now I’m trade Embiid. For multiple reasons:

1. easier to build a team around Simmons
2. Even if hasnt found a shot yet he is a pass-first forward in this league. Get shooters and scorers around him and his fight is there.
3. Embiid has the higher trade value and the better player..I just dont think he is someone you want to build around or have a shot at winning it all with him.

i dont know if I would take Wiggins for him but I say do it if Edwards falls to 2. If he doesnt try to deal him somewhere other than the W’s, a team willing to give up future picks more valuable ones. Not sure what is out there but adding and Edwards + future picks I would be fine with as a fan

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Sanfran even going to exist next year...Heard it was burning down, and people were fleeing putting their homes on the market lol

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Sanfran even going to exist next year...Heard it was burning down, and people were fleeing putting their homes on the market lol

What an intelligent comment.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They still have the core of the team that set the regular season win record and only a few years removed. And they all basically had a year off.

Do they really need to add another superstar to keep the ball rolling?

Don't those guys have confidence that they can get it done just adding role players?

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They still have the core of the team that set the regular season win record and only a few years removed. And they all basically had a year off.

Don't those guys have confidence that they can get it done just adding role players?

A few years is a long time in NBA mileage. But yes they might decide to make it work with Wiggins and the picks providing depth instead of another star.

But if you have a shot at a Giannis or Simmons level talent, you have to go for it.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They really only have one superstar in Curry.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why did they take Wiggins again?

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m off wiesman.

balls size and passing would be interesting But he really needs to learn to shoot

Yeah, the thing is if Wiseman proves to be nothing more than an athletic big who dunks and blocks shots, then the Warriors could probably sign a vet to do that either for the vet minimum or the MLE. Wiseman is one of the riskiest prospects in this draft if you're picking him high.