• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Warriors - Sixers trade

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With no jump shot he’s already an NBA All Star and likely on the All Defensive team. Wiggins is trash. Go read the Cavs Simmons rumors. I don’t like that either but it is light years better than this proposal. They would give up like 3 young guys, plus the 5th pick this year and two future first rounders. Wiggins is a bad contract. That’s no benefit to the Sixers.

Yeah but in all honesty the Cavs dont have very valuable assets.

Garland didn’t have a great rookie year and at this point isn’t super valuable.
Sexton probably has the most value and might be a good fit for PHI but they would need more.
Porter Jr is pretty untouchable.
Love doesnt offer much value with that contract.

Future picks and Sexton might be the most valuable assets they have, that they are willing to trade

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus I dont see the Cavs giving up Sexton and Garland + future picks in a jumpshooting league for a guy that is scared to shoot past 12 feet

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but in all honesty the Cavs dont have very valuable assets.

Garland didn’t have a great rookie year and at this point isn’t super valuable.
Sexton probably has the most value and might be a good fit for PHI but they would need more.
Porter Jr is pretty untouchable.
Love doesnt offer much value with that contract.

Future picks and Sexton might be the most valuable assets they have, that they are willing to trade
Then the Ws offer might be enough

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus I dont see the Cavs giving up Sexton and Garland + future picks in a jumpshooting league for a guy that is scared to shoot past 12 feet
Yep
He plugs into the Warriors far better....

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh I agree. That’s not great. And nobody on the Cavs is untouchable. They’re not going to do it without him for the reasons you cite. But think about what that says about Wiggins and the quality of this draft. That’s still better than any deal that involves Wiggins.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I agree. That’s not great. And nobody on the Cavs is untouchable. They’re not going to do it without him for the reasons you cite. But think about what that says about Wiggins and the quality of this draft. That’s still better than any deal that involves Wiggins.

Porter Jr is untouchable, the Cavs are extremely high on him. They think he can be a star and he’s a wing two-way player...you dont trade those kind of young players away. Everyone else is not safe though
But yeah definitely, Wiggins has a bloated contract and hasnt shown much more than being an inefficient scoring machine. I can see why the Twolves took DLo for him.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Porter Jr is untouchable, the Cavs are extremely high on him. They think he can be a star and he’s a wing two-way player...you dont trade those kind of young players away. Everyone else is not safe though
But yeah definitely, Wiggins has a bloated contract and hasnt shown much more than being an inefficient scoring machine. I can see why the Twolves took DLo for him.

I like the kid and I get it. But if you’re doing a 3 player 3 pick kind of swap you’re starting over. If Sixers do something with Cavs I want to do a bad contract swap to try and get Love’s deal which ends prior to Harris or Horford’s which I would want to ship out. I really do think the Sixers will do something. The smart play as I referenced earlier is to shop both Simmons and Embiid to create the appearance that they’re not weak. A Cavs deal that doesn’t include their best asset in Porter Jr means the Sixers are dealing from weakness.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you play Simmons and Dray together?

I don’t see how that works out well.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a terrible draft for the warriors needs.

they need a spacing 5 and some 3/4 shooting.

Vessel at 2 is a reach. A trade down to get him and recoup some lost picks from dumping iggy is a real option. Then they could still trade the lower pick and the trade exception to add a player.

Beal is fine too I guess.

not exactly the size/d they need on the wing either

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a terrible draft for the warriors needs.

they need a spacing 5 and some 3/4 shooting.

Vessel at 2 is a reach. A trade down to get him and recoup some lost picks from dumping iggy is a real option. Then they could still trade the lower pick and the trade exception to add a player.

Beal is fine too I guess.

not exactly the size/d they need on the wing either
Wouldn't Simmons be that size and D on the wing?

But trading back might indeed be the play as I doubt they can get Simmons with Wiggins and picks.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it’s not. This is a weak draft. That’s part of the reason why the Warriors want to deal it.

a big reason is the top guys don’t fit their current needs.

honestly minny and gs were two teams that didn’t fit the top prospects need wise.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't Simmons be that size and D on the wing?

But trading back might indeed be the play as I doubt they can get Simmons with Wiggins and picks.

but Simmons lacks that shooting component

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it’s not. This is a weak draft. That’s part of the reason why the Warriors want to deal it.

They are willing to deal it because their championship window is the next 2 years. And drafting a 19 year old is not going optimize that window.

But yeah, that pick still has a ton of value. There are 4-5 players at the top of the class who have all star potential. None are can’t miss studs, but the #2 pick is a great asset.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but Simmons lacks that shooting component

Size and D and elite other skills...they got shooters already

Nobody is "perfect", if they can turn Wiggins and picks into Simmons that's huge, but I doubt they can

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Size and D and elite other skills...they got shooters already

Nobody is "perfect", if they can turn Wiggins and picks into Simmons that's huge, but I doubt they can

true. I don’t think Philly is dealing Simmons.

swapping Wiggins for blank and swapping picks could be interesting if that gets them vessel.

is it ideal? No.

but I don’t see Simmons as realistic.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm inclined to trade the pick because I think this draft is the worst draft in years. Maybe since the early 00s. It's terrible. Obviously somebody will pop because they typically always do but I don't particularly like a single guy at the top and the rest of the draft is made up of a bunch of guys that "might" be role players off the bench.

All that said, you could talk into them keeping the pick and taking Wiseman. Getting a healthy Curry and Klay back automatically makes them championship contenders next year. Curry/Klay/Draymond/Wiggins/platoon center will be solid. Wiseman won't be asked to do much and can excell in that limited platoon role. Maybe sign Boogie on the cheap as well.

I'd pursue Beal so long as the price isn't too high. I'm not giving up multiple 1sts. With the price of the Warriors roster being what it is, I need those picks since they're cheap or can be used later to get other players. Washington needs to blow that shit up, they know it, so I'm offering the bare minimum. Something like Wiggins, #2 and a role player. That's it. If the Wiz can get more elsewhere for him, good for them.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horseshit

Yes.

His value isn’t close to what it was a couple years ago.

Because he is:

1) making more $
2) shone a level of injury proneness
3) has not improved his jump shot

He is a good player. 3 years ago he was among the most valuable trade assets in the league. He isn’t anymore.

Maybe the 6ers find a better offer elsewhere that fits their team better. But that is in the ballpark of the market value.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes.

His value isn’t close to what it was a couple years ago.

Because he is:

1) making more $
2) shone a level of injury proneness
3) has not improved his jump shot

He is a good player. 3 years ago he was among the most valuable trade assets in the league. He isn’t anymore.

Maybe the 6ers find a better offer elsewhere that fits their team better. But that is in the ballpark of the market value.
Good luck...