• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Warriors - Sixers trade

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What? No, Beal is sooooo much better than D'Lo it's crazy. Seriously.

I know right?

He would fit just fine.

He can play on or off the ball. DLo mostly plays on the ball.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you would be in favor of a Beal-Embiid swap? Never heard a rumor of this just saying...maybe an overall player downgrade but seems like a better fit alongside Simmons and Harris.

Money matches up pretty well too for 20-21

I would be in favor of that.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did a thread on what the Ws should do a while back, but now that we know more about who's got what pick, and how teams have looked in the playoffs, I wanted to ask the board something narrower.

Word on the street is the Ws really want to trade the #2 pick they just got, that they planned to no matter where it fell. Obviously they need something worthwhile back.

Sixers may decide to get a new coach and run it back, but they may also be looking to split up their ill fitting stars and retool.

So from all y'all:

Warriors trade Wiggins, the #2 this year, and the Minnesota first next year for Simmons. Who says no? Maybe the Ws throw in their first from next year too?

While Embiid might be better for the Ws, the Sixers I think would rather keep him of the two. And the Ws have plenty of shooting with Curry and Klay, Simmons doesn't need to be a shooter for them.

Other thoughts? Should the Ws draft Wiseman instead and hopefully see Wiggins be a better fit in SF than Minny, as the #3 guy?

This is more plausible

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Ws are just fine with:

Curry
Klay
Wiggins
Dray
Looney/Wiseman

Unless they get a Beal level player, they should keep Wiggins and the pick.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#2 pick + future first + Wiggins is very fair value for Simmons.
I thinks so too but I don't know how much of that is Warrior fan bias

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thinks so too but I don't know how much of that is Warrior fan bias

I don’t think it is.

Simmons’ value has declined significantly over the last 2 years.

He has had injury issues and just hasn’t improved his shot enough.

He could still get there, but he isn’t on the superstar track anymore. He is just a really good player with potential and some obvious flaws.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe in 2K, not to that Sixers FO and that’s really what matters right?

I think they'd consider it if they didn't have that truly terrible Horford contract. locking up the next three years with Wiggins and Horford? I don't understand how Al even got offered that from both Boston and Philly. Great glue guy in his prime but he's clearly past that.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they'd consider it if they didn't have that truly terrible Horford contract. locking up the next three years with Wiggins and Horford? I don't understand how Al even got offered that from both Boston and Philly. Great glue guy in his prime but he's clearly past that.

Yeah I mean I just dont know who they value you more, Simmons or Embiid. Who would they trade if they had to shed cap...It would be hard to see Horford going anywhere without assets being attached and a desperate team. Yeah taking back Wiggins is a lot too but if they think LaMelo or Edwards is worth it...who knows? As of right now I dont see.

IMO Simmons isnt worth that much. He hasnt improved his skillset since his rookie year

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you would be in favor of a Beal-Embiid swap? Never heard a rumor of this just saying...maybe an overall player downgrade but seems like a better fit alongside Simmons and Harris.

Money matches up pretty well too for 20-21

I agree on Embiid > Beal. At the same time, they can even the gap with a Wizards draft pick or other bench guy swap.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#2 pick + future first + Wiggins is very fair value for Simmons.

No it’s not. This is a weak draft. That’s part of the reason why the Warriors want to deal it.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it’s not. This is a weak draft. That’s part of the reason why the Warriors want to deal it.
Not really
Obviously if there was a no doubt stud like Durant or LeBron in this draft they would probably keep the pick, but they are trying to win right now and a guy who will be an all-star in 5 years doesn't help the Ws.

This whole idea is predicated on the Sixers wanting to blow it up. Then they would value those picks. And as many have pointed out, Simmons isn't great. Very good but not great. And a bad fit with Embiid.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think it is.

Simmons’ value has declined significantly over the last 2 years.

He has had injury issues and just hasn’t improved his shot enough.

He could still get there, but he isn’t on the superstar track anymore. He is just a really good player with potential and some obvious flaws.

With no jump shot he’s already an NBA All Star and likely on the All Defensive team. Wiggins is trash. Go read the Cavs Simmons rumors. I don’t like that either but it is light years better than this proposal. They would give up like 3 young guys, plus the 5th pick this year and two future first rounders. Wiggins is a bad contract. That’s no benefit to the Sixers.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really
Obviously if there was a no doubt stud like Durant or LeBron in this draft they would probably keep the pick, but they are trying to win right now and a guy who will be an all-star in 5 years doesn't help the Ws.

This whole idea is predicated on the Sixers wanting to blow it up. Then they would value those picks. And as many including you have pointed out, Simmons isn't great. Very good but not great. And a bad fit with Embiid.

There isn’t even a guy in this draft that is likely an All Star in 5 years.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With no jump shot he’s already an NBA All Star and likely on the All Defensive team. Wiggins is trash. Go read the Cavs Simmons rumors. I don’t like that either but it is light years better than this proposal. They would give up like 3 young guys, plus the 5th pick this year and two future first rounders. Wiggins is a bad contract. That’s no benefit to the Sixers.
That would be a better package if it's all of that