• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Warriors - Sixers trade

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trading for Simmons, Horford could make sense for Warriors

Who thinks this is a shit offer?
I don't think this happens for multiple reasons but it's interesting. I just don't see this draft even at the #2 making up for the lack of assets PHI gets in this deal. If Edwards goes #1 that leaves PHI with Ball or a clusterfuck of players who are unknowns. They would need a sure thing in any trade for Simmons and Wiggins or the #2 pick isn't not that

GSW: Simmons & Horford

PHI: Wiggins, Looney, Bell & #2 pick

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think this happens for multiple reasons but it's interesting. I just don't see this draft even at the #2 making up for the lack of assets PHI gets in this deal. If Edwards goes #1 that leaves PHI with Ball or a clusterfuck of players who are unknowns. They would need a sure thing in any trade for Simmons and Wiggins or the #2 pick isn't not that

PHI: Wiggins, Looney, Poole & #2 pick

Talent wise, yes it's a shit offer.

On the other hand, the Warriors are also taking back an albatross contract too. Also Jordan Poole, not Bell, who's no longer with the team.

For that trade I'd throw in Minny's 1st pick as well.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did a thread on what the Ws should do a while back, but now that we know more about who's got what pick, and how teams have looked in the playoffs, I wanted to ask the board something narrower.

Word on the street is the Ws really want to trade the #2 pick they just got, that they planned to no matter where it fell. Obviously they need something worthwhile back.

Sixers may decide to get a new coach and run it back, but they may also be looking to split up their ill fitting stars and retool.

So from all y'all:

Warriors trade Wiggins, the #2 this year, and the Minnesota first next year for Simmons. Who says no? Maybe the Ws throw in their first from next year too?

While Embiid might be better for the Ws, the Sixers I think would rather keep him of the two. And the Ws have plenty of shooting with Curry and Klay, Simmons doesn't need to be a shooter for them.

Other thoughts? Should the Ws draft Wiseman instead and hopefully see Wiggins be a better fit in SF than Minny, as the #3 guy?
I think Simmons is one of the most over-rated players in the league; no thanks

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

PHI: Wiggins, Looney, Bell & #2 pick
Warriors can't absorb both of those contracts. Also, Bell is on the T-Wolves now

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talent wise, yes it's a shit offer.

On the other hand, the Warriors are also taking back an albatross contract too. Also Jordan Poole, not Bell, who's no longer with the team.

For that trade I'd throw in Minny's 1st pick as well.

Yeah that's what I was going to suggest the Minny 1st but it's still an unknown. Like I said, giving away an asset like Simmons needs to be a sure asset (even though I don't think he is all that and a bag of chips...he's a fucking oatmeal cookie imo)

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors can't absorb both of those contracts. Also, Bell is on the T-Wolves now

*Poole

Sorry, not Bell

"One move Bob Myers last offseason was trading veteran Andre Iguodala to the Memphis Grizzlies. The move gave the Warriors a $17.2 million trade exception, meaning the team can make an unbalanced trade in regard to salary without cap penalties."

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is it that you see in Simmons that the rest of us don't?

Who's "us" here, chief?

If you knew anything about the NBA, you might suggest someone better that they could get for Wiggins and the #2 in a weak draft.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*Poole

Sorry, not Bell

"One move Bob Myers last offseason was trading veteran Andre Iguodala to the Memphis Grizzlies. The move gave the Warriors a $17.2 million trade exception, meaning the team can make an unbalanced trade in regard to salary without cap penalties."

Fair enough. If getting rid of Horford is enough to get them to deal Simmons, I'd approve that deal.

But I don't think the Sixers are ready to blow it up. They will see if a new coach works.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who's "us" here, chief?

If you knew anything about the NBA, you might suggest someone better that they could get for Wiggins and the #2 in a weak draft.
The guys that ranked my "no thanks" post as winner.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that's what I was going to suggest the Minny 1st but it's still an unknown. Like I said, giving away an asset like Simmons needs to be a sure asset (even though I don't think he is all that and a bag of chips...he's a fucking oatmeal cookie imo)

That's kind of the point. Either Simmons is some awesome talent that the Sixers can't part with, or he's an oatmeal cookie and they'd be happy to move on from him.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough. If getting rid of Horford is enough to get them to deal Simmons, I'd approve that deal.

But I don't think the Sixers are ready to blow it up. They will see if a new coach works.

I agree...unless a crazy good offer comes their way, which I don't see happening. It's just the W's seem to pull shit out of their ass, even with Brand saying they are safe...not 100% imo