• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Warriors - Sixers trade

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough. If getting rid of Horford is enough to get them to deal Simmons, I'd approve that deal.

But I don't think the Sixers are ready to blow it up. They will see if a new coach works.

Even then they are over the cap by about $5M so they most likely get worse and can't spend. Like I said, it has to be for a real asset or sure draft pick/player

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even then they are over the cap by about $5M so they most likely get worse and can't spend. Like I said, it has to be for a real asset or sure draft pick/player

Even after dumping Horford they don't have any cap room? Ouch.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simmons is overrated IMO but he still has a high trade value especially for the delusional 76ers organization AND he's still young.

Wiggins is still young also but his trade value, big contract holds much less value (the DLo trade further proves this).

Add in #2 and taking the Horford contract makes this trade a little better but still not equal...bc there are no REAL assets going to the 76ers, too many unknowns.

But imo Simmons value is way overrated....I'm just looking at it from a 76er/league POV

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even after dumping Horford they don't have any cap room? Ouch.

Looking at Spotrac they are $32M over the cap in 20-21. Simmons-Wiggins wash and Horford is $27.5...still no money to work and they are aren't dumping anyone else. They are stuck...only way to flip some of these contracts is adding in valuable assets like Simmons, only reason I brought it up. Still don't think it happens, they are delusional if they think Simmons/Embiid is winning anything.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simmons is overrated IMO but he still has a high trade value especially for the delusional 76ers organization AND he's still young.

Wiggins is still young also but his trade value, big contract holds much less value (the DLo trade further proves this).

Add in #2 and taking the Horford contract makes this trade a little better but still not equal...bc there are no REAL assets going to the 76ers, too many unknowns.

But imo Simmons value is way overrated....I'm just looking at it from a 76er/league POV

If you're so smart about Simmons, what makes you think the rest of the league doesn't know what you do? The Sixers might overvalue him because he's their product. Everyone else, you think you know more than them?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You like the guys in this draft (Wiseman, or Ball perhaps) over Simmons?
Not Ball for sure because then you get his dad. I'll take the dude who got kicked out of Memphis

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not Ball for sure because then you get his dad. I'll take the dude who got kicked out of Memphis

Too bad you don't run a team.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

Sounds like something you would think

This is also very on brand for you.

What could the Warriors possibly do with a guy who's 6'10" has Magic Johnson's ball handling and passing skills, can drive to the hoop almost at will, and averages 8 assists and 8 rebounds per game?

A player like that would be completely useless on a team like the Warriors. lol

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What could the Warriors possibly do with a guy who's 6'10" has Magic Johnson's ball handling and passing skills, can drive to the hoop almost at will, and averages 8 assists and 8 rebounds per game?

A player like that would be completely useless on a team like the Warriors. lol

Yeah every time I think I know something about basketball, Monty shows up to show me what real knowledge is.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're so smart about Simmons, what makes you think the rest of the league doesn't know what you do? The Sixers might overvalue him because he's their product. Everyone else, you think you know more than them?

I've never liked Simmons..just my opinion. He refuses to work on his jumpshot or attempt a shot past 12 feet in a shooting league. Now somewhat injury prone. Big salary adding to that in 20-21. No thanks.

THAT BEING SAID, from a 76er's POV he is someone you can build around more than Embiid. He is a pass first player and I think he would be a very nice fit in GS...also for the 76er's I think you need him to be number 2 or 3 option that can get guys involved. It just doesn't seem to be working with crybaby Embiid and the players around him now just don't seem to be working. Thought Butler was a nice fit along with him but he wanted out...it's too bad. I would have traded Embiid and kept Simmons and Butler, build around those 2.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never liked Simmons..just my opinion. He refuses to work on his jumpshot or attempt a shot past 12 feet in a shooting league. Now somewhat injury prone. Big salary adding to that in 20-21. No thanks.

THAT BEING SAID, from a 76er's POV he is someone you can build around more than Embiid. He is a pass first player and I think he would be a very nice fit in GS...also for the 76er's I think you need him to be number 2 or 3 option that can get guys involved. It just doesn't seem to be working with crybaby Embiid and the players around him now just don't seem to be working. Thought Butler was a nice fit along with him but he wanted out...it's too bad. I would have traded Embiid and kept Simmons and Butler, build around those 2.

I pretty much agree with all of this, including not valuing Simmons like some transcendent superstar. Which is why this conversation is even happening, if the Sixers decide to blow it up (unlikely), then it shouldn't take THAT much to get Simmons. Wiggins and 2 firsts and eating Horford's deal should be enough.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I pretty much agree with all of this, including not valuing Simmons like some transcendent superstar. Which is why this conversation is even happening, if the Sixers decide to blow it up (unlikely), then it shouldn't take THAT much to get Simmons. Wiggins and 2 firsts and eating Horford's deal should be enough.

It’s not that easy imo. It isn’t clear cut trade value wise either way. Think it actually favors Simmons having high trade value at this point. Every team and need is different though.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The warriors need to get a star wing with 2. Simmons is probably the best that is potentially available. But this isn’t like when butler or brow or kawhi were available.

on the other hand, that horford contact is toxic right now.

it’s probably a 3 team trade that lands philly beal more than anything else

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The warriors need to get a star wing with 2. Simmons is probably the best that is potentially available. But this isn’t like when butler or brow or kawhi were available.

on the other hand, that horford contact is toxic right now.

it’s probably a 3 team trade that lands philly beal more than anything else
Right, a three teamer, good idea

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simmons is 24. Without a jump shot he is one of the top 10-15 defenders in the game. He doesn’t shoot yet he finished 2nd in the NBA in assists on 3 point baskets. And that’s with a mediocre shooting team taking the threes. In 3 seasons he’s been ROTY and a 2 time NBA All Star. And the only reason he didn’t make the All Star team his rookie year is because of that unwritten rules that kept Luca out of his deserving all star game as well.

If the number 2 pick in this upcoming draft can even match that production in his first 3 years, I’ll let one of you shitbags fuck my wife. GTFO of here with Wiggins and the 2 pick.

Additionally, at a presser the other day, Elton Brand said he’s not looking to trade either Simmons or Embiid. He’s looking for pieces to complement them. Also you guys don’t see the negative impact of dealing Horford to a 17 million dollar trade exemption. The Sixers have wanted to push their cap past the luxury. They were one of the top attendance teams in the NBA. Getting nothing back for Horford gets them away from the luxury level with their number. They would want 27 million of player coming back.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simmons is 24. Without a jump shot he is one of the top 10-15 defenders in the game. He doesn’t shoot yet he finished 2nd in the NBA in assists on 3 point baskets. And that’s with a mediocre shooting team taking the threes. In 3 seasons he’s been ROTY and a 2 time NBA All Star. And the only reason he didn’t make the All Star team his rookie year is because of that unwritten rules that kept Luca out of his deserving all star game as well.

If the number 2 pick in this upcoming draft can even match that production in his first 3 years, I’ll let one of you shitbags fuck my wife. GTFO of here with Wiggins and the 2 pick.

Additionally, at a presser the other day, Elton Brand said he’s not looking to trade either Simmons or Embiid. He’s looking for pieces to complement them. Also you guys don’t see the negative impact of dealing Horford to a 17 million dollar trade exemption. The Sixers have wanted to push their cap past the luxury. They were one of the top attendance teams in the NBA. Getting nothing back for Horford gets them away from the luxury level with their number. They would want 27 million of player coming back.

Wow.

How would your wife feel about that?

Sounds like a team player!

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the wrong year fo the dubs in general.

wrong draft year to suck

and wrong players are available via trade.

but then again, no one thought Paul George was going anywhere last year.