• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Warriors - Sixers trade

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize Love is a vet too and he is a much better player than Al Horford right now. They don't need to downgrade their mentor. Even if you throw in picks, they won't be very valuable ones that will entice the Cavs. The 76ers are going to have to throw in some kind of appealing/young asset in with Horford if they are trying to dump him and probably take back a bad contract themselves. So it's hard seeing Horford going anywhere. Glenn Robinson Jr isn't very appealing.

I do think Love would be a very nice fit in Philly but it would have to be a big trade where the Cavs get Simmons...and I think Simmons is safe. The Cavs would have to throw in a couple young players and picks as well in a trade like that...don't see it happening. Especially not a Horford-Love swap.

Agree to disagree. I think Love is a true stretch 4 that doesn’t like to do the dirty work and can’t defend his position. He would complement the Sixers because Embiid does those things. Horford can do those things for the Cavs who lack that right now unless you have respect for Tristan Thompson’s game (which I don’t).

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. It’s a shorter term bad contract than either Horford and Harris
2. His game fits better than either of those guys with the Sixers existing pieces.

The Process was done with the idea that you acquire assets but because Hinkie wasn’t a basketball guy he didn’t understand the nuances from a basketball perspective of how pieces fit. And quite honestly, neither does Elton Brand.

you wouldn’t trade Harris then. He fits with Simmons perfectly.

they need to turn horford into something. Maybe you can get ariza from Portland. At least he fits.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you wouldn’t trade Harris then. He fits with Simmons perfectly.

they need to turn horford into something. Maybe you can get ariza from Portland. At least he fits.

In the end, I don’t think the Sixers will be able to get out from under either guy. I agree with your assessment of Harris and Simmons as a fit. Ideally, my move is to trade Embiid but it’s not happening. Do you believe that fuck Elton Brand won’t return my messages?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. It’s a shorter term bad contract than either Horford and Harris
2. His game fits better than either of those guys with the Sixers existing pieces.

The Process was done with the idea that you acquire assets but because Hinkie wasn’t a basketball guy he didn’t understand the nuances from a basketball perspective of how pieces fit. And quite honestly, neither does Elton Brand.

His game doesn't fit better when he is on the bench...you don't want another injury prone player. He is unreliable

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the end, I don’t think the Sixers will be able to get out from under either guy. I agree with your assessment of Harris and Simmons as a fit. Ideally, my move is to trade Embiid but it’s not happening. Do you believe that fuck Elton Brand won’t return my messages?

a big reason is just bad timing. Cap going down and most of the teams with cap space don’t want to contend.

Knicks are the one team that could be interesting. They are desperate for a star.

but not sure they have The assets

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

if you trade embiid it is likely a 3 team deal that lands you beal

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His game doesn't fit better when he is on the bench...you don't want another injury prone player. He is unreliable

I would do horford for Blake because 1) he fits better with embiid, and
2) with him Harris and embiid you can really do some serious load management to keep everyone healthy as possible

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll trade you griffin for embiid.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2) with him Harris and embiid you can really do some serious load management to keep everyone healthy as possible
But you do realize you will only get about 20 games out of Griffin. Also, it may be who is surrounded with on the Pistons, but the dude is a ball has been a ball stopper and shot clock drain in Detroit.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree to disagree. I think Love is a true stretch 4 that doesn’t like to do the dirty work and can’t defend his position. He would complement the Sixers because Embiid does those things. Horford can do those things for the Cavs who lack that right now unless you have respect for Tristan Thompson’s game (which I don’t).

Dirty work? He is one of the best rebounders in the NBA. He doesn't need to be a rim protector. He would be perfect alongside Embiid and much better rebounder than Horford. He isn't the defender Horford is but I don't think Philly's defense is the issue here. They were an average rebounding team though. Horford is regressing hard but the fact is the Cavs are not going to trade him for Horford, their value is Love is much higher than that.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think the Pistons would trade Griffin for Horford, even with the Griffin injury concerns. Major downgrade but it is the Pistons lol.

Griffin with Embiid would be a disaster imo. Two guys that want and need the ball in their hands..both have past injuries concerns. The point is to get players you can depend on more without losing much talent...that's going to be hard to find.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the Pistons would trade Griffin for Horford, even with the Griffin injury concerns. Major downgrade but it is the Pistons lol.

Griffin with Embiid would be a disaster imo. Two guys that want and need the ball in their hands..both have past injuries concerns. The point is to get players you can depend on more without losing much talent...that's going to be hard to find.
It may be a downgrade, but Horford fits a rotation with Wood and Maker better and they are working to develop young guys anyhow. And, Griffin just can't stay on the floor and when he does has been a big ball stopper for the Pistons.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It may be a downgrade, but Horford fits a rotation with Wood and Maker better and they are working to develop young guys anyhow. And, Griffin just can't stay on the floor and when he does has been a big ball stopper for the Pistons.

What I am saying is they would need more? A young asset/pick attached, not too much more. Griffin doesn't have close to value he once had but he still has more value than Horford.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horford isn't doing anything for the Pistons and his contract is longer....I take that back, Horford would get the Pistons a top 10 pick every year he is on the books. At least if Griffin is healthy the Pistons are in the running for the playoffs

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you trade embiid it is likely a 3 team deal that lands you beal

I don’t think you need the third team. I think Beal and Bertens matches with Embiid salary.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can see that argument. But again, it’s a bad contract for a bad contract. This one would be shorter.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize Love is a vet too and he is a much better player than Al Horford right now.

Much better? I'm not sure he's better. Let alone, much better.

I think it depends on what a team needs.

For example, as a Lakers fan, I'd want Love because he's a better 3 point shooter than Al. Al's not bad, but Love is better and shoots more of them.

On the other hand, if I'm the Warriors, I might prefer Al because he's better defensively and would be a better fit at the 5.