• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Warriors - Sixers trade

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow.

How would your wife feel about that?

Sounds like a team player!

I’m just that certain that the number 2 pick in this draft isn’t that guy. How often do you get a ROTY, 24 years old, 2 time NBA All Star and you know that there is much more upside there as soon as he finally realizes that he has to shoot. Jason Kidd was the same type of reluctant shooter. That worked out pretty well down the road.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m just that certain that the number 2 pick in this draft isn’t that guy. How often do you get a ROTY, 24 years old, 2 time NBA All Star and you know that there is much more upside there as soon as he finally realizes that he has to shoot. Jason Kidd was the same type of reluctant shooter. That worked out pretty well down the road.

I agree that Simmons is still highly valuable.

Even if he doesn’t ever learn to shoot, he brings a lot to the table.

But I think he will.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that Simmons is still highly valuable.

Even if he doesn’t ever learn to shoot, he brings a lot to the table.

But I think he will.

He’s had one coach telling him to shoot and that guy just got fired and on his way out the door Josh Richardson dropped a “we need someone to hold people accountable”. Simmons will shoot. If I’m interviewing candidates one of my first questions is “How do you convince Ben Simmons to take outside shots that will open up the floor for others?”

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm with you on this frankly. And I've said all along the Sixers do not want to break up the duo.

So maybe this thread was pointless but I genuinely wonder what the Ws will do.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with you on this frankly. And I've said all along the Sixers do not want to break up the duo.

after a perfect storm of good To land those guys, plus kd, this is the perfect storm of shit for the last 12 months for them.

I believe if they were able to dump Wiggins and green that would give them max space next summer, but that was pretty COVID so maybe that matters less now. But turning green into say collins and ariza from Portland gives them depth and expiring contracts.

but Wiggins is a disaster, maybe they can do for him what they did for Barnes and trick everyone into thinking he’s good wen he’s actually trash.

but that means he needs to learn to shoot.

the best fit is vessel. Maybe they can get someone like the knicks to use their cap space to each Wiggins to move up to 2 and get ball, who screams nyc point guard.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simmons is 24. Without a jump shot he is one of the top 10-15 defenders in the game. He doesn’t shoot yet he finished 2nd in the NBA in assists on 3 point baskets. And that’s with a mediocre shooting team taking the threes. In 3 seasons he’s been ROTY and a 2 time NBA All Star. And the only reason he didn’t make the All Star team his rookie year is because of that unwritten rules that kept Luca out of his deserving all star game as well.

If the number 2 pick in this upcoming draft can even match that production in his first 3 years, I’ll let one of you shitbags fuck my wife. GTFO of here with Wiggins and the 2 pick.

Additionally, at a presser the other day, Elton Brand said he’s not looking to trade either Simmons or Embiid. He’s looking for pieces to complement them. Also you guys don’t see the negative impact of dealing Horford to a 17 million dollar trade exemption. The Sixers have wanted to push their cap past the luxury. They were one of the top attendance teams in the NBA. Getting nothing back for Horford gets them away from the luxury level with their number. They would want 27 million of player coming back.

Thanks for the rundown, bud...this was mentioned in this thread.

GL getting nothing in return for Horford LOL.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I’m sure 99% of this board agrees the #2 isnt enough. Add in Wiggins, it isnt enough still. I dont think anyone disagrees except maybe one person lol

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s had one coach telling him to shoot and that guy just got fired and on his way out the door Josh Richardson dropped a “we need someone to hold people accountable”. Simmons will shoot. If I’m interviewing candidates one of my first questions is “How do you convince Ben Simmons to take outside shots that will open up the floor for others?”

I dont think they will break up anytime soon but I wont give it too many more years. Let me know when Simmons shoots....still waiting on that.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With their trade exception I’d like to see them get Barton out of Denver. He’s an expensive backup.

use their MLE on one of milsap, ibaka or Marc gasol.

Justin Holliday with the biannual exception.

is probably a fairly ideal scenario.

the best player who could probably be had with those 2 picks is Gobert. Lowry is probably second.

but neither may not be the best fit. low key, oladipo could be available. Not a perfect fit but he’s got condor length that’s could help him guard 3s.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW I’m not buying that Townes is available either

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is weird how much better golden state would be if they took Dieng instead of Wiggins.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the rundown, bud...this was mentioned in this thread.

GL getting nothing in return for Horford LOL.

I could see a swap of bad contracts like Horford for Love. I think both teams and both guys might benefit from a change of scenery. Horford is a vet that can help the young pups grow up and he’s also a more natural 5 for a team that is trying to grow athletic wings like the Celtics have done. Sixers may have to throw in like a Glenn Robinson Jr to make salary work and a couple of 2nd rounders or a top 20 protected 1st rounder.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see a swap of bad contracts like Horford for Love. I think both teams and both guys might benefit from a change of scenery. Horford is a vet that can help the young pups grow up and he’s also a more natural 5 for a team that is trying to grow athletic wings like the Celtics have done. Sixers may have to throw in like a Glenn Robinson Jr to make salary work and a couple of 2nd rounders or a top 20 protected 1st rounder.
I'd give them Griffin for Horford. Not that I really want Horford, I just think he will be on the floor more and he doesn't need the ball in his hands as much, allowing the young guys to develop more.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd give them Griffin for Horford. Not that I really want Horford, I just think he will be on the floor more and he doesn't need the ball in his hands as much, allowing the young guys to develop more.

I think a guy like Simmons would bring out the best in Griffin. But it terms of fit, I’d rather work Griffin for Tobias Harris. I think the contracts also match up better than with Horford.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a guy like Simmons would bring out the best in Griffin. But it terms of fit, I’d rather work Griffin for Tobias Harris. I think the contracts also match up better than with Horford.
I'd take Tobias back; I wasn't that happy when the let him go to get Blake originally. Blake may be more productive when on the floor, but that is too limited of a time.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You do realize Love is a vet too and he is a much better player than Al Horford right now. They don't need to downgrade their mentor. Even if you throw in picks, they won't be very valuable ones that will entice the Cavs. The 76ers are going to have to throw in some kind of appealing/young asset in with Horford if they are trying to dump him and probably take back a bad contract themselves. So it's hard seeing Horford going anywhere. Glenn Robinson Jr isn't very appealing.

I do think Love would be a very nice fit in Philly but it would have to be a big trade where the Cavs get Simmons...and I think Simmons is safe. The Cavs would have to throw in a couple young players and picks as well in a trade like that...don't see it happening. Especially not a Horford-Love swap.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You don't want Griffin lol. Just another huge, bad contract for an injury prone player

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't want Griffin lol. Just another huge, bad contract for an injury prone player
Shhhh. That is what I said when the Pistons traded Avery and Harris for him. This would just get things back.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. It’s a shorter term bad contract than either Horford and Harris
2. His game fits better than either of those guys with the Sixers existing pieces.

The Process was done with the idea that you acquire assets but because Hinkie wasn’t a basketball guy he didn’t understand the nuances from a basketball perspective of how pieces fit. And quite honestly, neither does Elton Brand.