• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Warriors @ Houston 12/5/13

MullinsMagic421

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to attempt doing homework and keeping everyone up to date at the same time tonight.

No fancy preview for this one, maybe NBKLee or someone else can do the keys to the game... You've got a half hour.

My one key tonight is, can Klay Thompson play 35+ minutes? We all know what kind of foul trouble is usually found on Texas trips. Couple that with the fact James Harden love's to flop.

Comcast may be airing the game on CSN+.

Alright, one more for the road. David Lee should be a relevant part of the offense tonight.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keys to the game?

1) Don't leave your house wearing T-shirt and Shorts only, I think it was 32 Degrees here Berkeley today ( I know you east coast folks laugh when we say that's cold, but its cold for us )

2) Play D12 straight up. Don't double off him, and give the shooters open looks

3) Don't let Chris Rock *Brooks* hurt us, he always have big games against us.

4) Put Klay on Harden, and don't let him go left

5) Play the rest of our games like we did in the 4th quarter vs TOR, and we will never lose again.

WORD

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MM the game is tomorrow FRI 12/6/13

:nod:

MullinsMagic421

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least we got this one started on the right note... Riders Radio, coming up next.

_so_money_

Dubmaster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't feel bad, I also thought the game was tonight until I looked at the scores page. :doh:

MullinsMagic421

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're all human.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnBrbjtqs-E]David Lee- The Engine Of The Warriors (HD) - YouTube[/ame]

MullinsMagic421

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt Festus Ezeli is ready at this point...
I'm going to take a shot in the dark and say Toney Douglas is ready to play.

Speculation on the release of Warrior's Center Dewayne Dedmon.

MullinsMagic421

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No news on when, but he will be making the trip with the team.

Toney Douglas practiced today.

_so_money_

Dubmaster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Myers said after the Raptor game he's "hopeful" Iguodala is "a week or two away". FWIW.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keys to the game:

1) Defend the Drive and Kick. Houston is full of 3 point shooters and we'll have to be able to close out on them and prevent easy looks. Need to defend the corner 3's especially.

2) David Lee. He's been terrible the last few games. He'll have a lot of undersized 4's guarding him this game. He needs to have a bounce back game.

3) Keep Bogut out of foul trouble. He's likely going to play Howard straight up. Harden's going to be relentless is getting to the bucket. Having him in there for the majority of the game is going to be huge.

4) Score more points than the Rockets. If we do this, I'm pretty sure we'll win. I think. Probably.

Look for the Hack-A-Howard to be in effect in the 2nd and 4th quarters. Jackson's not afraid to put him on the line.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keys to the game:

1) Defend the Drive and Kick. Houston is full of 3 point shooters and we'll have to be able to close out on them and prevent easy looks. Need to defend the corner 3's especially.

2) David Lee. He's been terrible the last few games. He'll have a lot of undersized 4's guarding him this game. He needs to have a bounce back game.

3) Keep Bogut out of foul trouble. He's likely going to play Howard straight up. Harden's going to be relentless is getting to the bucket. Having him in there for the majority of the game is going to be huge.

4) Score more points than the Rockets. If we do this, I'm pretty sure we'll win. I think. Probably.

Look for the Hack-A-Howard to be in effect in the 2nd and 4th quarters. Jackson's not afraid to put him on the line.

No one is. But it sure would suck if this came down to a hack a howard against a hack a Bogut.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/B]

No one is. But it sure would suck if this came down to a hack a howard against a hack a Bogut.

Jackson once put Howard on the line 39 times in a game. That's way more than I've ever seen it employed by any other team.

As stated before, if we're going to the Hack a Howard situation, ideally JO would have been the best candidate to put in there. As is Speights is still a good option as he's a good free throw shooter.

_so_money_

Dubmaster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackson once put Howard on the line 39 times in a game. That's way more than I've ever seen it employed by any other team..
Yep, set your DVRs to record an extra hour. Hack-A-Howard plus Harden alone could could easily be >50 freethrows. Hate watching those types of games, but that's probably what we're in for. And in general there is an inverse correlation between freethrow attempts in the game and Warrior winning %, so even though I think we should beat this team, I'm not hopeful.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, set your DVRs to record an extra hour. Hack-A-Howard plus Harden alone could could easily be >50 freethrows. Hate watching those types of games, but that's probably what we're in for. And in general there is an inverse correlation between freethrow attempts in the game and Warrior winning %, so even though I think we should beat this team, I'm not hopeful.

The one other factor in the hack-a-howard is that it disrupts our rhythm on offense. Our team is very much a team of flow and I feel the potential choppiness could hurt. We'll have to see how it all plays out, but I think we have a great chance to beat Houston. They haven't been all that impressive either this year.

MullinsMagic421

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
City Sushi, read this, this and this.

Why the Golden State Warriors Will Win the Championship in 2013-2014 (Part 1)

Why the Golden State Warriors Will Win the Championship in 2013-2014 (Part 2)

Why the Golden State Warriors Will Win the Championship in 2013-2014

Part 4 wasn't published, maybe I'll get it out there at some point.

One thing that was left out was Mario Chalmers doesn't have a prayer of guarding Stephen Curry.

The opening sentence on Bazemore should read, "Put a cape on which Warrior and who reminds you of Superman?"

The last bit about Seth Curry shouldn't mention anything about "a little post game," an honest mistake by my editor. Maybe I can edit it myself.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
City Sushi, read this, this and this.

Why the Golden State Warriors Will Win the Championship in 2013-2014 (Part 1)

Why the Golden State Warriors Will Win the Championship in 2013-2014 (Part 2)

Why the Golden State Warriors Will Win the Championship in 2013-2014

Part 4 wasn't published, maybe I'll get it out there at some point.

One thing that was left out was Mario Chalmers doesn't have a prayer of guarding Stephen Curry.

The opening sentence on Bazemore should read, "Put a cape on which Warrior and who reminds you of Superman?"

The last bit about Seth Curry shouldn't mention anything about "a little post game," an honest mistake by my editor. Maybe I can edit it myself.

I briefly read over it, but from what I gather you wrote, you don't speak at all of the deficiencies of this team. Your assumption that they will win the championship is based on everyone not only playing up to their capabilities but in most cases exceeding it. You talk about potential, rather than estimated output. You reference their abilities, but not how they translate during the game.

Championship teams are built on their ability to overcome their deficiencies. You don't mention a single one or how the Warriors can overcome them.

How do the Warriors continue to hide Curry on defense? What about Lee? Do the Warriors have enough bench scoring? Concerns about the backup PG and backup PF spots? How do the Warriors get to the foul line?

These articles you wrote are so one sided that it's hard to take it seriously. You may have a few valid points, but overall it's terribly biased. There's no objectivity here. I commend you on the effort but it needs a lot of work for anyone to take it seriously.

Last edited by a moderator:

MullinsMagic421

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks. Happy Friday, and let's go Warriors.