• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Warriors @ Houston 12/5/13

JustOneDennisBergkamp

Gunner for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw the Arsenal logo. The U.S. has a really tough draw this year with both Germany and Portugal in their group.
Major disappointment in Goonerville today as Arsenal surrender a 1-nil lead in the last minutes of the match, dropping two of a possible three points.

The US drew the tournament's "Group of Death" this time around. That's the way the balls in the pot bounce sometimes. Though both Germany and Portugal possess better technical quality than the US, the American lads are supremely fit and will be somewhat better rested that their counterparts. They'll have to be at the top of their games and keep the screw-ups to a minimum, but they are capable of advancing out of this monster group (which also includes Ghana).

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Major disappointment in Goonerville today as Arsenal surrender a 1-nil lead in the last minutes of the match, dropping two of a possible three points.

The US drew the tournament's "Group of Death" this time around. That's the way the balls in the pot bounce sometimes. Though both Germany and Portugal possess better technical quality than the US, the American lads are supremely fit and will be somewhat better rested that their counterparts. They'll have to be at the top of their games and keep the screw-ups to a minimum, but they are capable of advancing out of this monster group (which also includes Ghana).

Top two advance so I guess that means at least a victory against Ghana and a tie with the Deutsch or the Portogees

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. I think we got a little too excited at the 8 and 3 start. The team just will not play defense. I.m not sure what jackson can do if the team simply refuses to do it.

We are really good. I think this team will start going on a roll very soon. The nuggets of last year started 8-8

JustOneDennisBergkamp

Gunner for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top two advance so I guess that means at least a victory against Ghana and a tie with the Deutsch or the Portogees
Yup. If they keep the two big teams from getting max points against them, five points should be enough to qualify for the next round. I could also see them losing to Germany but actually taking Portugal again (2002) as they are not a particularly strong tournament side despite having arguably the best player on the planet.

koblix

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. If they keep the two big teams from getting max points against them, five points should be enough to qualify for the next round. I could also see them losing to Germany but actually taking Portugal again (2002) as they are not a particularly strong tournament side despite having arguably the best player on the planet.

Ghana is not a cake walk..lol