• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top 5 Favorite Warriors/Top 5 Hated Warriors

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This doesn't have to be the best players or worst, but who were your favorite and most hated players to watch play in a Warriors Jersey?

Top 5 Favorite:

1) Tim Hardaway - Dude was electric. Played with an edge and kept the D on it's heels for threat of the killer crossover.

2) Jason Richardson - When times were tough, he always played with heart an it showed on the court. Being a 2 time dunk contest champ (really should have been 3, if he could have got that spin move between the legs dunk down) didn't hurt either. He was super fun to watch.

3) Steph Curry - He could easily be my #1 choice here, but the above two are my nostalgic choices. I mean, I don't really think I need any explanation here.

4) Keith "Mister" Jennings - Loved watching him play. The perennial underdog because of his stature (5'7") he gave other short guys like me hope that height would never hold me back. Didn't work out basketball wise because I just wasn't that great, but I loved watching him play.

5) Manute Bol - 7'7" and shoots 3's? He was must watch, every time he got in the game. He had an awkwardness in the way he played that just made it fun to watch. Whether you saw him block a shot or hit a 3, it was good old fashion fun.

Honorable mentions: Baron Davis, Chris Mullin, Monta Ellis, Stephen Jackson, Latrell Sprewell

Top 5 Hated:

1) Derek Fisher - I thought when they signed him, that I would eventually learn to like the guy as a player. Nope. Just nope.

2) Corey Maggette - He was the less explosive, worse shooting, worse handling, version of James Harden. It was just generally rough to watch him time after time iso on the wing and just attempt to fling the ball at the rim in hopes of a foul. He was a good Warrior and seems like a genuinely good guy. He said and did all the right things, I just couldn't stand watching him play.

3) Mike Dunleavy Jr. - I truly thought he was going to be special coming out of Duke and was really happy we drafted him. Then after time and time again watching him be timid and disappear in games, my feelings toward him shifted. He could never just find his shooting stroke with us. He's carved out a nice career as a role player, but I thought he could have been great with us.

4) Jiri Welsh - He was god awful. I remember his first game with the Warriors I think he airballed 2 shots. For a guy who heralded as a good shooter, he was absolutely terrible.

5) Erick Dampier - The guy almost literally had hands of stone. He fumbled away more passes than he actually made buckets. And he was always hurt. I yelled "catch the ball!" more times at my screen than the Warriors had wins while he was on the team.

Dishononable mention: Bob Sura, Larry Hughes, Nick Van Exel, Todd Fuller, Patrick O'Bryant

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wondering...

is this an all time list or a list of players I would have seen play during their career?

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wondering...

is this an all time list or a list of players I would have seen play during their career?

I would say generally yes to list of players you've seen play. I didn't comment on any players I didn't regularly watch because it would be tougher to judge them on.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say generally yes to list of players you've seen play. I didn't comment on any players I didn't regularly watch because it would be tougher to judge them on.

That makes sense, I'll just go w/ players I have seen. In no order...

Chris Mullin, Tim Hardaway, Mitch Richmond, Steph Curry & Klay Thompson.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That makes sense, I'll just go w/ players I have seen. In no order...

Chris Mullin, Tim Hardaway, Mitch Richmond, Steph Curry & Klay Thompson.

Solid list, imo.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this mandatory?

Nope, just thought it would be fun to start a thread where people can post their favorite players. I mean, realistically you could probably name the entire starting 5 of this current Warriors team as favorite players to watch.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the thing about me is that I've just started to be a Warriors' fan since Curry began playing for them. I've always been fascinated with tremendously gifted offensive players, and Curry caught my eye while at Davidson. While I know all of the players (except a few of the "most hated"), I just don't feel that my opinion counts for much here because I'm not a long-time Dubs' fan.

But, I will say that my favorite all-time player is/was Larry Bird, but I believe that Curry is passing him up. I'm able to see every game that Curry plays because of things today (Directv) that weren't available to me back in Bird's day. Perhaps if I'd been able to see Bird play so much (they did put them on tv EVERY SUNDAY), I think I may have placed him above Curry.

Alright, enough about me and my bromances.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been a fan since 1975-1976. Would take some type to make a set list. Mullin, Curry would definately be on that list. Players I didn't like, Billy Owens and JB Carroll. Two talented players who had all the talent but dogged it. Chris Washburn. Joe Smith. Top pick - another draft bust.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been a fan since 1975-1976. Would take some type to make a set list. Mullin, Curry would definately be on that list. Players I didn't like, Billy Owens and JB Carroll. Two talented players who had all the talent but dogged it. Chris Washburn. Joe Smith. Top pick - another draft bust.

Billy Owens for sure.

Joe Smith I thought was a good player. He turned down a huge contract offer from the team and left us high and dry. He really dropped off after he left the Warriors. One of the few to leave the team and not prosper.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Billy Owens for sure.

Joe Smith I thought was a good player. He turned down a huge contract offer from the team and left us high and dry. He really dropped off after he left the Warriors. One of the few to leave the team and not prosper.

I thought Joe Smith was a decent role player but never came close to living up to being the first pick in the draft. His defense could be a big liability. I remember one game Tom Gugliotta was abusing him so badly, the coach had to pull Smith from the game.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gugliotta had a lot more bulk than Smith, and he was a talented scorer. It's been a while, though. Nice reference, for sure. A Tom Gugliotta "sighting."

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gugliotta brings out terrible memories for me.

Webber -> Gugliotta -> Donyell Marshall.

The trade for Gugliotta was the signal of downfall for the Warriors.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gugliotta brings out terrible memories for me.

Webber -> Gugliotta -> Donyell Marshall.

The trade for Gugliotta was the signal of downfall for the Warriors.

Sure was. So was Rony Seikaly. That was another signal. He wasn't a bad player but came into a bad situation. He was the return piece for Webber, and I think alot of people directed their scorn at Seikaly because of it. That is when things really fell apart.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I started following The Warriors about 20 years ago. Yep, not the best timing. It's been a mostly dreary experience being a Warrior fan (until recently of course). And of course I missed the Run TMC years.

Top 5 from the last 20 years are guys who just made watching the team fun: Baron Davis, Jarrett Jack, Jason Richardson (brought the passion every night), Curry, and Draymond Green. In fact, assuming the Warriors resign Green, he might eventually go down as my favorite Warrior of all time. Honorary mention to Thompson, Carl Landry, Bogut, Stephen Jackson (can't stand him now but he was a WARRIOR)...

Least favorite over that stretch: Dunleavy, Correy Maggette, Anthony Randolph...

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked Rick Barry, Jamal Wilkes, Chris Mullin, Steph Curry and Jason Richardson. Didn't like Abdul Rahman, Latrell Sprewell, Montae Ellis and Joe Barry Carroll

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I started following The Warriors about 20 years ago. Yep, not the best timing. It's been a mostly dreary experience being a Warrior fan (until recently of course). And of course I missed the Run TMC years.

Top 5 from the last 20 years are guys who just made watching the team fun: Baron Davis, Jarrett Jack, Jason Richardson (brought the passion every night), Curry, and Draymond Green. In fact, assuming the Warriors resign Green, he might eventually go down as my favorite Warrior of all time. Honorary mention to Thompson, Carl Landry, Bogut, Stephen Jackson (can't stand him now but he was a WARRIOR)...

Least favorite over that stretch: Dunleavy, Correy Maggette, Anthony Randolph...

Stephen Jackson was great during the We Believe season but what he did the following season really soured his legacy with Warrior fans.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a Warriors fan but Sprewell was awesome! Choking Carlesimo wasn't his best move though...

Sandisfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just found this and I would like to add Bernard King to the list to be considered. :thumb:

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoever your favorite is, Steph Curry is the best Warrior of all time and yes that includes Rick Barry (easy) and Wilt (a very close call)