• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top 5 Favorite Warriors/Top 5 Hated Warriors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if from this point on, Curry never hit another 3-pointer and he averaged 7 TOs a game?

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked Rick Barry, Jamal Wilkes, Chris Mullin, Steph Curry and Jason Richardson. Didn't like Abdul Rahman, Latrell Sprewell, Montae Ellis and Joe Barry Carroll

LOL, Abdul Rahman. I don't even know who that was. I had to look him up. 1972-1973. Man, that is even before my time. I started really following them 1977 season when they went 42-40. Might have been Barry's last season. Listened to a lot of Bill King on the radio. Rick Barry was a favorite. I also liked CJ. He could light it up on occasion.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, Abdul Rahman. I don't even know who that was. I had to look him up. 1972-1973. Man, that is even before my time. I started really following them 1977 season when they went 42-40. Might have been Barry's last season. Listened to a lot of Bill King on the radio. Rick Barry was a favorite. I also liked CJ. He could light it up on occasion.
Ya, we called him Abdul Rotten Man because he was so bad. He originally was The great UCLA player Walt Hazzard. He and Gail Goodrich made up the UCLA backcourt on the 1964 national championship team. He also won a gold medal in the '64 olympics. But he was garbage by the time he got to the Dubs and changed his name. In those days when a team was in the penalty in the NBA the player had three chances to make two free throws. Rahman would often miss all three as a Warrior.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, we called him Abdul Rotten Man because he was so bad. He originally was The great UCLA player Walt Hazzard. He and Gail Goodrich made up the UCLA backcourt on the 1964 national championship team. He also won a gold medal in the '64 olympics. But he was garbage by the time he got to the Dubs and changed his name. In those days when a team was in the penalty in the NBA the player had three chances to make two free throws. Rahman would often miss all three as a Warrior.

I forgot about the 3 to make 2 free throws. That was a long time ago. I also remember that was before the three point line. Barry would have scored a lot more but the 3 point line came in near the end of his career.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot about the 3 to make 2 free throws. That was a long time ago. I also remember that was before the three point line. Barry would have scored a lot more but the 3 point line came in near the end of his career.
Ya, I remember he made a lot of them in the ABA. He was a great player. He carried them to the '75 NBA Championship. I still remember his underhanded free throw style and how he shot over 90% from the line.I

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember Walt Hazzard. I had no idea he'd changed his a Muslim.

I was a big fan of Chris Jackson of LSU (I went to school there), who ended up becoming Macmud Abdul-Rauf (first name misspelled). Man he was awesome in college. Won POY one year.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember Walt Hazzard. I had no idea he'd changed his a Muslim.

I was a big fan of Chris Jackson of LSU (I went to school there), who ended up becoming Macmud Abdul-Rauf (first name misspelled). Man he was awesome in college. Won POY one year.

Was he the guy that got in trouble for ignoring the pledge of allegiance?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, he took some flak for it. His career went down hill not too long after that. For him, being a Muslim made him less interested in continuing his basketball career, or in at least excelling at it.

You know, he had a very quick release like Curry. He had really good range too.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too many to list...and some have already been mentioned by others, but...
Larry "Mr.Mean" Smith was one of my faves back in the day.....
...along with Eric "Sleepy" Floyd, Purvis Short, Rick Barry, Mario Elie, Terry Teagle & Sarunas Marciulionis.

Didn't really hate any....but have been disappointed by more than a few through the years......lol

Last edited: