• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Warriors @ Cavs 8 PM EST TNT

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have we reached the point where we'd say we'd rather have Curry vs James on our roster in a 7 game series?
I'm not so sure.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron is back to this excuse :nono:

:lol: Sooo, Lebron left the Heat because they were too old to win titles anymore and figured he'd have a better chance with the younger Cavs.

Now the Cavs are too young.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron is back to this excuse :nono:

Of anybody, Lebron should realize that that 2nd year is the year when there are no execuses for a super team

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing Delly is shutting down is the cavs fans that think he's the curry stopper. Lol
It eerily reminds me of a guy named Ruben Patterson. Ruben Patterson started to do a good job on Kobe defensively, they started to call him the "Kobe stopper", and Kobe proceeded to torch him. Delly is a decent player off the bench, but those 2 games of him bothering Curry seems to be an anomaly

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expected the Warriors to actually come out fired up. They lost a game to the Pistons which they wholeheartedly deserved to lose. They came out lethargic and complacent and had their asses handed to them by Detroit.

It's always easy to get up for these type of big games, but I didn't expect the let down to be so much by the Cavs. I expected the Warriors to come out guns blazing because Steve Kerr is on the road trip with them. I have no doubt he got into them after the Detroit loss. Luke Walton has done a great job so far, but he's still effectively a substitute teacher.

The Warriors need Kerr back for his fire and edge that he has to keep this team on their toes.

As for the Cavs game, wow. The Warriors shot a crazy percentage, but what's crazier is the sheer volume of shots that were uncontested. Kevin Love was totally exposed in the Pick and Roll. Kyrie was moving at half speed some of the time. Mozgof got lost a bunch of times and the Warriors had some easy back door layups and lobs.

Cavs are still dangerous though and a top contender. Still a top 3 team to me.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It eerily reminds me of a guy named Ruben Patterson. Ruben Patterson started to do a good job on Kobe defensively, they started to call him the "Kobe stopper", and Kobe proceeded to torch him. Delly is a decent player off the bench, but those 2 games of him bothering Curry seems to be an anomaly

In both regular season games this year against the Cavs, you could tell Steph took it personal when Delly guarded him. He knows what was being said. Steph has come out just super disrespectful on the court to Delly. He sunk a 30 footer last night off a pick and roll against Delly, with one foot still touching the last letter in the Cavs' halfcourt logo.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's crazy is how close the Warriors were to trading Dray AND Klay for Love....and how many Warrior fans argued that was the right move. And to be fair it wasn't obvious how it would play out over the next 2 years. I'm super glad that trade didn't happen.

Draymond wasn't mentioned in the trade. He was actually at the time a hot commodity with the Warriors and the Warriors wouldn't have included him in any trade that involved Klay as a throw in. Klay was the big piece the Wolves wanted back in that trade.

Really the Warriors wanted to trade Harrison Barnes and David Lee to the Wolves for Love.

The Wolves countered wanting Klay, Barnes and Lee for Love and KMart.

At no point would the Warriors consider throwing Dray in there along with Klay to make it work.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea, most of us tried to explain that those two games were probably more of Curry working out the nerves (being in the Finals for the first time, as the league's MVP) vs. Delly somehow being an elite defender as some Cavs fans would have you believe.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea, most of us tried to explain that those two games were probably more of Curry working out the nerves (being in the Finals for the first time, as the league's MVP) vs. Delly somehow being an elite defender as some Cavs fans would have you believe.

Yeah, that's what I thought as well. Cleveland went in without Love and Irving and were playing with house money given that no one gave them a chance in the series. All the pressure was on Curry with it being his first Finals and his team being the favorite. If it ends up being Golden St. and Cleveland in the Finals, there shouldn't be any nerves to work out being that he's been on the big stage before.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He also said...

"Thinking about June is ridiculous. We only can focus on today, and for us to have any sense of entitlement about June is absurd to me. The only thing that matters is today."

"Tonight was an example of how far we need to go to get to a championship level"

"It's never as bad and it's never as good as it may seem when you're going through it," James said. "Obviously, you want to play well and especially on a stage like this versus the defending champions. But for me as a leader of this ball club over the last six or seven years, I've always been even-keeled about wins and losses, especially at this juncture of the season."

"Against the top teams you want to play well, and we haven’t done that," James said. "We’re 0-3 versus the top two teams in the West. We’re 0-1 against the Bulls so far. We’ve got to play better basketball.
Even-keeled eh? Is that why he was shoving Steph to the ground during the game? Would that also explain J R tackling Barnes like they were on the front line on a football team?

LBJ needs to stop it. He knows this was HUGE....HUGE if they win and definitely a HUGE loss. I think it stands out more as a loss because most people wanted their loss last year in the Finals to be excused due to their team being banged up. Now, reality has set in after two matches - that both ended as losses - against the champs....and it ain't pretty.