• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Warriors @ Cavs 8 PM EST TNT

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just providing some context to a very out-of-context tweet.

LeBron has always been a build-up-confidence when the team sucks and tear-them-apart when they're doing good type of a leader. You aren't going to get a whole lot of "man we really suck this is the end of the world" when they lose. And you're probably going to get some statements that - when isolated from the rest of his comments - look like excuses. The thing is he gave the Warriors credit... he took accountability for the bad play. He said they should be a lot better.

His comment that they haven't had a ton of time together isn't wrong. I don't think LeBron, Kyrie, and Love have played a season's worth of games together yet.
No not all three of them, but Love played with LBJ all season last year yet still looks uncertain of his role. I blame their coach.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably the best game GS has played as a team ever, but the Cavs looked awful from the start. Why would they act they were pumped to play and just be careless with the ball and no gameplan. The thing most holding the Cavs back is not have a really good to great head coach, that is what is holding Lebron back.
But the bottomline is if the Cavs want to win a championship they have to play more like a team, offensively and defensively. They have a long way to go, this current squad has only recently been together but Blatt needs to step his shit up. Whatever he is doing isn't working, and if he doesn't he won't be there next season.
Yea I agree they need a better coach. A coach who knows how to use the talent he has effectively.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Curry did have that champagne comment but the fact is the season has a long way to go. The current healthy squad for the Cavs is just starting to get together, they will need to play better as a whole, especially defensively. Irving and Love need to play better on both sides of the court, it was kind of pitiful actually watching them play. The fact is the Warriors and the Spurs are better right now. Now we will see what the Cavs can do from this point on.
There was no need for anybody to take that comment out of context. He didn't say anything disrespectful - matter of fact he spoke the truth. The last time they were there they were popping champagne. Simple as that and he explained that after the game when he was asked about it.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have we reached the point where we'd say we'd rather have Curry vs James on our roster in a 7 game series?
I'm not so sure.

It's not so much as Curry vs Lebron, but more so what pieces do you have around the individual. If you swapped Lebron and Curry right now, straight up from Warriors to Cavs and vice versa, I don't think either team is better. It's all about what system and what collection of other players you have that makes the difference.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have we reached the point where we'd say we'd rather have Curry vs James on our roster in a 7 game series?
I'm not so sure.
Yea, I'm pretty sure I would. IMO Steph just makes better decision in terms of being the team leader.

You can use the last play to end the 1st quarter when they only had like 5 seconds left on the game clock & with only one man to beat LBJ passes the ball to Anderson who obviously didn't have the confident to shoot the ball - passes it back to LBJ who doesn't even get the shot off in time. He seriously needs to make better decisions during those moments.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that's what I thought as well. Cleveland went in without Love and Irving and were playing with house money given that no one gave them a chance in the series. All the pressure was on Curry with it being his first Finals and his team being the favorite. If it ends up being Golden St. and Cleveland in the Finals, there shouldn't be any nerves to work out being that he's been on the big stage before.
And also since they've pretty much showed that the Cavs aren't a bad match up for them. I'm sure they're pretty confident they could get it done again if they should meet up in June.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had to go dtown and file some stuff and the weather is really shitty and i was in my car forever--- so was listening to the radio

heard some good points...

the thing that stuck with me was- that Golden State and SAS- they run a system...they stick to that system, they dont care if they lose a game here or there because of it- its not important- whats important is learning and sticking to a system that you have to fall back on when times get tough.

I dont think the Cavs have that right now. They have this obsession with trying to win every regular season and going all out to do it- instead of doing some little things that might cost them in the short term- but are so much better for the long term....they need to figure out a tried and true system that gets everyone involved- AND STICK TO IT---- too many times when the game gets tough - the Cavs resort to ISO ball--- and hey- thats GREAT against 90% of the teams in the league- the Cavs have some of the very very best iso players in the league- LeBron, Kyrie, Love, Jr, - can all get theirs one-on-one...but the ball movement stops and it the offense gets stagnate and they dont have something to hang their hats on besides LeBron iso at the top, Kyrie iso at the top, Jr Smith crazy contested shot (that he often makes!), etc.....

It might cost them a game or two or three in the short term- but i would really like them to get their OWN system, develop their own identity- and STICK with it- and learn the hell out of it- so when things get tough - they have it to fall back on.....

with the talent the Cavs have they can beat any team i nthe league no doubt about it- but if the guys are playing ISO ball and not working together- they might be able to beat 90% of the teams- but against the very best that just doesnt really work.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Curry did have that champagne comment but the fact is the season has a long way to go. The current healthy squad for the Cavs is just starting to get together, they will need to play better as a whole, especially defensively. Irving and Love need to play better on both sides of the court, it was kind of pitiful actually watching them play. The fact is the Warriors and the Spurs are better right now. Now we will see what the Cavs can do from this point on.
the Finals are alomst 5 months away. Thats freaking just stupid

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and ya know.....

when all is said and done....id rather be the one who's team is so freaking good that when it plays big games- Threads are created for it.

The last two Threads created for games that i see on the thread list or Cavs v. Spurs and Cavs v. Warriors--- might be something in between- i dunno- but its certainly not NEARLY as commented on....

id rather have the great team and be on those threads and have that pressure, instead of being some also-ran has-been team that is struggling to get a decent seed. Always gotta remember that ;)

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and ya know.....

when all is said and done....id rather be the one who's team is so freaking good that when it plays big games- Threads are created for it.

The last two Threads created for games that i see on the thread list or Cavs v. Spurs and Cavs v. Warriors--- might be something in between- i dunno- but its certainly not NEARLY as commented on....

id rather have the great team and be on those threads and have that pressure, instead of being some also-ran has-been team that is struggling to get a decent seed. Always gotta remember that ;)

When it is a big matchup that is on national tv and is not on a bad night for posting (aka not friday or saturday), I will make a thread. Next week Spurs/Warriors will have one as well. I won't make any for league pass games as I know most of you do not have LP

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and ya know.....

I guess this mindset is ANY attention is better than no attention. Even if it is NEGATIVE. :dhd:

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had to go dtown and file some stuff and the weather is really shitty and i was in my car forever--- so was listening to the radio

heard some good points...

the thing that stuck with me was- that Golden State and SAS- they run a system...they stick to that system, they dont care if they lose a game here or there because of it- its not important- whats important is learning and sticking to a system that you have to fall back on when times get tough.

I dont think the Cavs have that right now. They have this obsession with trying to win every regular season and going all out to do it- instead of doing some little things that might cost them in the short term- but are so much better for the long term....they need to figure out a tried and true system that gets everyone involved- AND STICK TO IT---- too many times when the game gets tough - the Cavs resort to ISO ball--- and hey- thats GREAT against 90% of the teams in the league- the Cavs have some of the very very best iso players in the league- LeBron, Kyrie, Love, Jr, - can all get theirs one-on-one...but the ball movement stops and it the offense gets stagnate and they dont have something to hang their hats on besides LeBron iso at the top, Kyrie iso at the top, Jr Smith crazy contested shot (that he often makes!), etc.....

It might cost them a game or two or three in the short term- but i would really like them to get their OWN system, develop their own identity- and STICK with it- and learn the hell out of it- so when things get tough - they have it to fall back on.....

with the talent the Cavs have they can beat any team i nthe league no doubt about it- but if the guys are playing ISO ball and not working together- they might be able to beat 90% of the teams- but against the very best that just doesnt really work.

Agree with everything you say here. Problem here is that you have a coach that's been in place for a year and a half, and he still hasn't implemented a system (from public perception). Furthermore, Lebron overrides the coach on a lot of instances. Essentially the inmates run the asylum. You don't see this with the Spurs and Warriors.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and ya know.....

You have Lebron James on your team. The Cavs will likely going to the Finals. The only team that can make a run in the East is the Bulls, and I doubt they'd win. You have a big 3 together and by far the highest pay roll. It's asinine to think that the Cavs would go unnoticed. You're experiencing some of what Heat fans got from 2011-2014.

But the games that matter are really in June. The fact that your team has gelled (from your own words in the pre-season) and haven't put together performances that say they can beat the Spurs or Warriors is very telling. Blatt is going to run Lebron into the ground before the playoffs even start.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can anyone confirm if the Cavs were at full health yesterday?

Or was yesterday's Warriors win also fraudulent?

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

At tip-off they were fully healthy. By the end of the game every Cav player besides JR had sustained serious injury to their pride. No word yet on a recovery timeline.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and ya know.....

:lol: My team, at full strength mind you, got blown the fuck out by the team that beat us for the 2015 title, but at least there was a game thread! Cavs fans were so looking forward to last night's game and were certainly not thrilled to see that result.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Cavs might be better when not at full strength. At least minus a Kevin Love. He's looked terrible against the Warriors.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: My team, at full strength mind you, got blown the fuck out by the team that beat us for the 2015 title, but at least there was a game thread! Cavs fans were so looking forward to last night's game and were certainly not thrilled to see that result.

lakersrule, why don't you shut the hell up and let them enjoy their participation trophy?!?!?!?!

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs might be better when not at full strength. At least minus a Kevin Love. He's looked terrible against the Warriors.

Hey now, Wiggy told us that Love was light years better than Bosh.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and ya know.....

Well, that's one way to look at it.

Another would be, you talk so much shit and hype your Team up like you have a roster full of HoFers that we take extreme pleasure in their failures.

And boy was this one EPIC.

No other fandom does what you do on a daily basis. Hell, the other members of your fandom don't do what you do....lol

Gotta take those lumps.

But, I will say.....

It was only one game.

The Cavs have work to do.

Thankfully for them, they have several months to get there.

I personally want to see a competitive finals, not that bullshit that went on in Monday's game.

Ps. Kevin Love needs a haircut and a heart transplant.