• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wade: Lebron will never pass MJ

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did Kobe force the front office to get their asses in gear? And did it work?

Hint:

kobe-bryant-pau-gasol-championships.jpg

Kobe made that trade?

At any rate... are we really going to compare the Lakers to the Cavs - in terms of attractiveness to big players?

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So are you crediting Michael Jordan for those draft picks? Or you are saying those players wouldn't have been as good if they didn't play with Jordan?

Sometime during the mid-1980's.. the Bulls became one of the best run franchises in the NBA.

Of course, a lot of that has to do with the arrival of Michael Jordan in 1984. But a lot of it also has to do with the arrival of Jerry Krause as GM in 1985 and Phil Jackson's arrival on the coaching staff in 1987.

Call me crazy... but I think things might have gone differently for the Cavs during LeBron's first stint if they'd had Jerry Krause as GM and Phil Jackson as coach.

:L :L :L

Go back and read people. tlance said MJ came into a top flite organization with the Bulls. :L They were the 2nd worst team before he got to Chicago. Please tell me the HOFers that came before Jordan. The legacy of the Bulls?

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe made threats to leave. Which indirectly lead to two more championships.

What did lebron do?

Made threats to leave. Refused to re-sign a long term contract in order to make the threat real.

Which led to more incompetent moves by the Cavs front office.

You know what say about empty threats.

So was Kobe's threat empty? Or would he have left if the Lakers front office failed to deliver?

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Made threats to leave. Refused to re-sign a long term contract in order to make the threat real.

You know what say about empty threats.

So was Kobe's threat empty? Or would he have left if the Lakers front office failed to deliver?

hard question to answer since it didn't happen...

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L :L :L

Go back and read people. tlance said MJ came into a top flite organization with the Bulls. :L They were the 2nd worst team before he got to Chicago. Please tell me the HOFers that came before Jordan. The legacy of the Bulls?

That's not what tlance said. (Go back and read his post for yourself)

He said.. "MJ never had to consider leaving to get his rings because he played for a top flite organization."

Which is absolutely true. He may not have "come into" a top flite organization. But by 1987 (long before Jordan ever had to consider contract and free agency options)... with Pippen, Krause, and Phil Jackson all in place... he absolutely played for a top flite organization.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Really? I'd love to see proof of that.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you approve of The Decision part 1 and 2? And you think that wouldn't do ANYTHING to blemish his career?

:crazy:

Putting words in my mouth.

I think decision 2 was actually quite well done. Decision 1 was a disaster, but it was more because of how he announced and his antics after it then where he went.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were talking the shape of the organization before Jordan got there.. Before Lebron got there. Also talked about..

Oh fuck it. This place needs a mod. Too many tards

No. you assumed that was what I was talking about. It was not.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? I'd love to see proof of that.

Go ready any article from the 2009 offseason.

Here Are A Few

It was commonly believed that LeBron refused to extend because he wanted to keep the pressure on the Cavs. Some thought it hurt their chances at FA... because players couldn't be sure if LeBron would still be there. Others thought it was the best move to keep Dan Gilbert accountable.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go ready any article from the 2009 offseason.

Here Are A Few

It was commonly believed that LeBron refused to extend because he wanted to keep the pressure on the Cavs. Some thought it hurt their chances at FA... because players couldn't be sure if LeBron would still be there. Others thought it was the best move to keep Dan Gilbert accountable.

That's speculation. not facts.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's speculation. not facts.

Well there's no public quotes from LeBron or Danny Ferry about what took place in their contract talks that summer, so speculation is all we have.

Its hard for me to come up with a reason for LeBron proceeding that way that doesn't at least include putting pressure on the Cavs as a bonus.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to see somebody gets it.

LeBron would still have zero rings if he had stayed, and he likely would have bolted Cleveland in 2014 because they would not have been able to accumulate those assets they acquired when they won the lottery 3 years out of 4. So, Cleveland wouldn't have a title either.

But go ahead. Keep acting like LeBron was leaving an "up and coming contender" or that the situations were anywhere near similar with him and MJ. Saying that it is on a player to build a competitive roster around themselves is beyond ridiculous.

MJ never had to consider leaving to get his rings because he played for a top flite organization. So did Kobe. LeBron did not have that luxury, so he left. It is ironic that people glorify players for staying when they get drafted into a near ideal situation, then bash players for leaving when they don't.

Either stop judging a player's legacy based on a team accomplishment, or stop criticizing players who aren't drafted by an elite organization and need to leave to get theirs.

Curry won't leave because he doesn't have to. That does not make him a better man than Durant. He landed in a better situation.
This might make more sense to most if he hadn't also left a Super Team after going to the Finals 4 consecutive years and winning 2 of them.

I can understand a guy wanting out when he's clearly in a losing situation- but when he left Miami that wasn't the case. They could've added a couple of guys to fill positions where they were weak (a nice back-up for Wade, for example). But he was just impatient.

I have no problem with guys wanting to move around in FA. It is their right to do so. But when it happens- lets keep it 1 hunid on the reasoning- which is usually they wanted to win NOW instead of waiting for things to develop around them.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who exactly did MJ recruit? ... Craig Hodges?

Pippen, Kickoc, Grant, Armstrong, Oakley were drafted, Rodman & Longley came via trade, Harper was signed when Jordan was playing baseball.
He was being sarcastic Gordon.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This might make more sense to most if he hadn't also left a Super Team after going to the Finals 4 consecutive years and winning 2 of them.

I can understand a guy wanting out when he's clearly in a losing situation- but when he left Miami that wasn't the case. They could've added a couple of guys to fill positions where they were weak (a nice back-up for Wade, for example). But he was just impatient.

I have no problem with guys wanting to move around in FA. It is their right to do so. But when it happens- lets keep it 1 hunid on the reasoning- which is usually they wanted to win NOW instead of waiting for things to develop around them.

This is precisely why it makes no sense when people denigrate decision 2 and say that he left Miami for a super team in cleveland. The Heat with leBron would have been much more likely to win in 2015 than the CAVS were. Their Cavs core had talent for the future, but they were not ready.

Everything they have accomplished the last 2 years is a testament to leBron's greatness, just as 66 wins in 2009 was about LeBron, not the surrounding talent. Clearly the current version of the Cavs support players are leaps and bounds better than what it was before the decision, but they aren't as good as the 2010 Heat supporting cast either.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were talking the shape of the organization before Jordan got there.. Before Lebron got there. Also talked about..

Oh fuck it. This place needs a mod. Too many tards
:sad2: