• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: W3: Hopefully a chance for Redemption at the Vikings 4:30/1:30 FOX

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strongly disagree. Our defense had already shown they can't make a stop. Pretty sure analytics will always (except rare exceptions based on the clock or being WAY up) be against you not going for 4th and short at your opponent's 30ish. Just because they always kicked there for most of NFL history doesn't make it the right decision, particularly with a bad D and how strong offenses are, now.

Yeah, so you bench the kicker who hasn't missed a field goal in 2 years because you think the analytics support this. Don't mention that there was no thought by you or anyone that he should go for it until the Seahawks were shown to be out of the game.

It's a no win. If you goes for it an doesn't get it - then people shout that he didn't take the points and let Minnesota take the momentum and go up before half. Misses the field goal - he should retire for not going for it. Nice little circular reasoning you've got going on there.

There was plenty of issues that arose after that field goal was missed - but actually attempting the field goal wasn't the mistake.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure but even if they score TDs on say 2/3 of the drives they are only leading by 1 with the Vikings getting the ball anyways

Tapey.

I'm saying it's BOTH SIDES but again all I hear it's the Defense fault.............

I'm not saying our Defense are pure and virtuous.

But where i look. Everyone acting like our offense is.............

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So was Adams worth all those picks guys? Only a couple of us said we over paid most of you were to excited about it. Now the Jets could end up having 2 picks in the top 15 in the 2022 draft. He is a unique talent but he is not a talent that played into a need on this team other than "sacks" but sacks by a SS are not what a SS main job is.
Would the Seahawks draft anyone worth those first round picks? I'd rather have Adams honestly.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So was Adams worth all those picks guys? Only a couple of us said we over paid most of you were to excited about it. Now the Jets could end up having 2 picks in the top 15 in the 2022 draft. He is a unique talent but he is not a talent that played into a need on this team other than "sacks" but sacks by a SS are not what a SS main job is.

actually glad to see a defeat that wasn't by 7 points or less. This will make the team MAKE changes.

added Bonus the Rams are thumping TB.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind the team moving him to OLB and just putting Marquise Blair or Ryan Neal at SS.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vikings aren’t even a playoffs team and they chewed us apart, imagine what the Rams,Niners are gonna do …

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, so you bench the kicker who hasn't missed a field goal in 2 years because you think the analytics support this. Don't mention that there was no thought by you or anyone that he should go for it until the Seahawks were shown to be out of the game.

It's a no win. If you goes for it an doesn't get it - then people shout that he didn't take the points and let Minnesota take the momentum and go up before half. Misses the field goal - he should retire for not going for it. Nice little circular reasoning you've got going on there.

There was plenty of issues that arose after that field goal was missed - but actually attempting the field goal wasn't the mistake.
Bench? Has nothing to do with the fact that he missed it. The fact that he missed it was a possible and not that unlikely outcome of kicking it. Not that much more unlikely than getting the 1st. Missing the FG also gives them the ball 7 yards farther down the field against a shitty D and only had the upside of delaying us inevitably trailing because we were putting ourselves behind in a battle of trading punches when we could absorb the blows worse (our defense is worse). Kicking thre wasn't Pete's worse decision of the year, but it still was the wrong decision, regardless of the fact that Meyers actually missed the kick.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tapey.

I'm saying it's BOTH SIDES but again all I hear it's the Defense fault.............

I'm not saying our Defense are pure and virtuous.

But where i look. Everyone acting like our offense is.............
65/35

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vikings aren’t even a playoffs team and they chewed us apart, imagine what the Rams,Niners are gonna do …

Honestly........

I think we are Comparable with LA and Can beat SF

But we need ass chewing. This is early so We could just start slowly and hopefully we learn and be better.....

Why not 50/50?

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly........

I think we are Comparable with LA and Can beat SF

But we need ass chewing. This is early so We could just start slowly and hopefully we learn and be better.....

Why not 50/50?
Because the D gave us almost 500 yards, the O could have played perfect and it still probably wouldn’t have been enough to win.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

wtf, yes cook was out but the Vikings are a good team and saying they are not is ignorant. Their pass defense is pretty bad but they made Lockett and DK look average and thats all you got to do on defense. Also going 9-14 on 3rd downs for the Vikes helps a shit ton. Hawks were 3-8.

A lot of you like to bash Cousins but get real he is a very good QB that makes some boneheaded plays some times. ( Wilson does this ) Cousins reminds me of David Krieg, When he is Hot he is one of the best in the league. We have seen this for YEARS now and he is still that same guy. Our players need to be more disciplined out there. Thankfully we are still "undefeated" in the division so let the other teams feel like we don't matter :)

On a side note, i think someone called Josh Gordon when Lockett went down. Expect a signing soon lol

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine if Cook played...
Honestly... I'm not sure their offense had a lot of room to improve... not sure how that's possible cause I'm fairly sure Cook is much better than Mattison, but Mattison's numbers and Minny's offensive production on the whole...

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We play at SanFran next week, then play the Rams on a short week. We could easily be 1 - 4 after our first 5 games. Which makes that collapse against Tennessee even worse.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because the D gave us almost 500 yards, the O could have played perfect and it still probably wouldn’t have been enough to win.

True but again I'm not saying our defense did everything right............

I thought it stunk too.

BUT again what i see is HOW DARE I POINT FINGERS AT THE OFFENSE. IT'S ALL THE DEFENSE FAULT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Word I Agree GIF by INTO ACTION

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to see a mid-season trade that sent Flowers somewhere else. I don't even care who we get in return they'd still be better than Flowers.