• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: W3: Hopefully a chance for Redemption at the Vikings 4:30/1:30 FOX

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After Watching the LA Rams short passing game against TB it makes me sick. That is what I thought was coming to our offense. What ever they are running right now looks almost identical to what we saw in the 2nd half of last season. Damn near identical!

:L
RW is the one making the decisions. He chooses to not throw short. Look at film there’s always a guy open underneath

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RW is the one making the decisions. He chooses to not throw short. Look at film there’s always a guy open underneath

Yes I know, i actually pointed this out in the last game. It just sucks! makes me sick to my stomach.
The Hawks tease you with it then poof it's gone.

Our screen game is so very bad.

Last edited:

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, and if becoming the greatest is his goal - he's gonna have to stop thinking in terms of highlight plays and more in terms of winning plays.

mikeotis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as that hurts me, I think trading Wilson for the right price might be a good thing this off-season
Or even this Season when a QB goes down, or JUST FIRE NORTON.
As much good as PC has done, he simply is being DOMINATED by coaches 30 years younger.

Petes time has come, thank you Pete, but it is time to retire.

I still see the major problem is this (Below), and this is on Pete and Norton. Equal Share.

2:14 or so before the 2 minute warning.

3rd and 9, ball at Minn 44. Therefore needing to get to the Seattle 47.
Watch the video.
Reed is 7+ yards away before snap.
Receiver runs route to Seattle 40ish, and catches the ball at the Seattle 44, for a FIRST DOWN.
Where was Reed, He was 7+ yards off the receiver, and still 3-4 yards away when WR makes the catch.

How do you retreat 15+ yards when they need 9.

FIRE NORTON. sorry, has to happen.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or even this Season when a QB goes down, or JUST FIRE NORTON.
As much good as PC has done, he simply is being DOMINATED by coaches 30 years younger.

Petes time has come, thank you Pete, but it is time to retire.

I still see the major problem is this (Below), and this is on Pete and Norton. Equal Share.

2:14 or so before the 2 minute warning.

3rd and 9, ball at Minn 44. Therefore needing to get to the Seattle 47.
Watch the video.
Reed is 7+ yards away before snap.
Receiver runs route to Seattle 40ish, and catches the ball at the Seattle 44, for a FIRST DOWN.
Where was Reed, He was 7+ yards off the receiver, and still 3-4 yards away when WR makes the catch.

How do you retreat 15+ yards when they need 9.

FIRE NORTON. sorry, has to happen.

Been saying that for the last 2-3 years (fire Norton).

Oh just FYI to the rest of you, worst defense in the NFL at the moment! 440+ yards per game given up! Against the Colts, Titans, and Vikings... (all who had OL out) LOL

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't worry guys, Russ plans to just stay the course....

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hey boogs I think your link doesn't work (just gives an icon). Is this what you meant to post?

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Through three games the Seahawks have a pathetic 5 passes defensed out of 116 throws"

this is one of the major problems on Defense and I can not blame a DC because of lack of talent. Ken Norton may have to go but this defense, it's style and design, is out dated and old and there is no talent on the back end.

"They look like one of the most talent-poor, disorganized groups in the entire NFL"

100% agree with this from the article and I think they are right, Not counting Bobby I think they have some of the worst talent in the NFL on the back end. Diggs looks better than he is because of that lack of talent, Remember he was beat out for a starting job in Detroit but was talented enough they wanted to get him on the field as a nickel. Why all of a sudden is he supposed to be great now? he is not great he is a ok safety not a good or great safety. Also lets not forget they ( announcers, talking heads etc ) were Hyping up MONE! MONE! who the fook ........

Team needs a talent injection, Trade Adams for a real CB move Blair to SS and lets get this thing started lol.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

uwdawgfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 35.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as that hurts me, I think trading Wilson for the right price might be a good thing this off-season, it would hurt us initially, but benefit us potentially down the road… We have no 1st round picks next year so despite how bad of a season we have we won’t see any major benefit draft wise besides some better positions after the 1st round which will help, but trading Wilson could benefit us in a big way … I think we all know that means total rebuild time, because we will suck for a while if we let Wilson go… But we’re spinning our wheels now, just good enough to make the playoffs but not even close to good enough to make any noise… We might need 2 or 3 years of rebuilding time to stack the roster back up… But at this point is Pete the guy ? I’m starting to wonder, because he’s made some questionable decisions for sure …. People will say it’s too early in the season, which is true, BUT it’s inevitable I feel, this team has issues and the Titans exposed that, and it’s officially trouble …
I'm not going to lie watching those two young coaches go at it last night made me very jealous..., so yeah I agree it's time to clean house sorry Pete, the game has passed you by.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Through three games the Seahawks have a pathetic 5 passes defensed out of 116 throws"

this is one of the major problems on Defense and I can not blame a DC because of lack of talent. Ken Norton may have to go but this defense, it's style and design, is out dated and old and there is no talent on the back end.

"They look like one of the most talent-poor, disorganized groups in the entire NFL"

100% agree with this from the article and I think they are right, Not counting Bobby I think they have some of the worst talent in the NFL on the back end. Diggs looks better than he is because of that lack of talent, Remember he was beat out for a starting job in Detroit but was talented enough they wanted to get him on the field as a nickel. Why all of a sudden is he supposed to be great now? he is not great he is a ok safety not a good or great safety. Also lets not forget they ( announcers, talking heads etc ) were Hyping up MONE! MONE! who the fook ........

Team needs a talent injection, Trade Adams for a real CB move Blair to SS and lets get this thing started lol.

I was willing to let Norton have the benefit of the doubt due to how well the defense played the last half of last year. But even if they do something similar, your defense can't always be starting from scratch each year. We lost 3 starters from last year, and my wife asked if we had a bunch of rookies out there yesterday.

The defense is just plain bad. Here's just a few thoughts about some players.

Bobby Wagner - He's killing it. But he can't play all eleven positions, and the ineptitude of the rest of the defense makes it look like he feels he has to. He's been out of place a time or two - but it's more of him trying to make up for others' deficiencies and not because he really wants to be.

Tre Flowers - There was a time a few years ago where it looked like he may have been a steal. His play has regressed every year since Norton took over. He has no confidence in himself right now, and the coaching staff hasn't really shown much confidence in him either.

D.J. Reed - He hasn't lived up to what he did the last half last year - and the only reason we haven't been screaming about his play is that Flowers is so bad it's made Reed look good in comparison.

Carlos Dunlap - He's all but disappeared this year. Sad really, because we need him to be what he was last year, and this year he's just been about as effective as LJ Collier.

L. J. Collier - I was one of the few who thought he'd put up a decent season last year - but he's barely even seen the field this year (only 20 snaps on defense). Haven't heard what happened that he went from starting all 16 games (49% of snaps) to barely even seeing the field in the first 3 games.

Jamal Adams - It's almost surprising that he's second on the team in tackles, because he just hasn't seemed to be doing much right now. It's probably because he isn't making the huge splash plays like last year, but for what he just signed for, we need more than just a decent run stuffing SS.

Overall, guys like Taylor and Robinson have been nice to see in flashes. Green has cooled off since the first week - but he could get hot again. Brooks has had flashes too, but he's had his fair share of head slappers too (but experience should help fix some of those).

uwdawgfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 35.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to lie watching those two young coaches go at it last night made me very jealous..., so yeah I agree it's time to clean house sorry Pete, the game has passed you by.
Dont get me started on Mcvay or Kingsbury....

uwdawgfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 35.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im actually starting to feel bad for Norton the more i look at that secondary. Whats he supposed to do? We drafting punters and one handed linebackers instead of quality cornerbacks. Definitely not 100 % his fault.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im actually starting to feel bad for Norton the more i look at that secondary. Whats he supposed to do? We drafting punters and one handed linebackers instead of quality cornerbacks. Definitely not 100 % his fault.

Well, since Flowers has had arguably the best career of any CB drafted in the 5th round or later that year, I'm not sure "quality" was really that much of an option.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont get me started on Mcvay or Kingsbury....
I'd hold back on crowning them. Rams have mortgaged the future to go all in and if they fail to grab the gold this season they'll be in a fix going forward. Cards have a QB still on a rookie contract enabling them to sign big name free agents ( however rather old dudes). Both those teams are in a nice spot right now but it's a temporary situation.

uwdawgfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 35.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, since Flowers has had arguably the best career of any CB drafted in the 5th round or later that year, I'm not sure "quality" was really that much of an option.
Yes,quite the career. I see Panthers traded for a cornerback today,guess we good there.

uwdawgfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 35.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd hold back on crowning them. Rams have mortgaged the future to go all in and if they fail to grab the gold this season they'll be in a fix going forward. Cards have a QB still on a rookie contract enabling them to sign big name free agents ( however rather old dudes). Both those teams are in a nice spot right now but it's a temporary situation.
Not gonna change my mind on Mcvay....

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok. I laughed