• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vs Steelers game thread

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I'm sure the opinion of posters on here is a big reason why the Broncos haven't won the Super Bowl since 98. Plenty of us can admit when we're outmatched, but I'm not about to bitch and moan about winning a playoff game. Win by 1, win by 100, doesn't matter just find a way to get the job done.

I don't think anyone here thinks Denver doesn't have problems, but there's not a flawed team in the NFL, and as long as they keep winning who cares if they aren't perfect.

But if you're going to hold true to your first sentence, I say good riddance.

Yeah - I don't mind the contrary opinions, but self pity like in the first sentence is a little much.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I sound a little biased here knowing them, but I felt like the real X factor that kept us in the game and eventually allowed our offense to make a play to win the game was our special teams. Omar Bolden's return early in the game, Kayvon Webster's terror on punt coverage putting the Steelers in bad field position.
Agree, your ST kept your offensive fp short, and the steelers fp long all day. They made great positive plays and also forced errors on the opponent.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Mingo- I thought that Wolfe was the best player on the line yesterday.

Oh and btw, did anyone else think Schofield played pretty well yesterday? He had the one holding call, but when I watched him on passing downs, he wasn't an embarrassment.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh and btw, did anyone else think Schofield played pretty well yesterday? He had the one holding call, but when I watched him on passing downs, he wasn't an embarrassment.

Pro Football Focus rated him as our 5th best player yesterday, and second best on the line behind Evan Mathis. As for the holding call, I've seen a lot worse go uncalled.

Actually as a whole I thought our line played very well. Hard to say how much of that was Manning getting the protection right and how much was them just manning up and playing better.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Text convo between SS and I.

SpringSTein- Schofield is starting
DC- He is going to have a fantastic day.

Not that he was unbelievable and not that I was serious, but he did as well as you could have hoped.

Stinky made a comment this week that Schofield should not be in the NFL. Little harsh for a Broncos icon to say publicly, but can't say I disagreed, but maybe that woke him up?

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Text convo between SS and I.

SpringSTein- Schofield is starting
DC- He is going to have a fantastic day.

Not that he was unbelievable and not that I was serious, but he did as well as you could have hoped.

Stinky made a comment this week that Schofield should not be in the NFL. Little harsh for a Broncos icon to say publicly, but can't say I disagreed, but maybe that woke him up?

If he responded with the game he had last night and carries that forward into the AFCCG then I say we all send Stink a thank you card this off season.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he responded with the game he had last night and carries that forward into the AFCCG then I say we all send Stink a thank you card this off season.

I remember last year when he called the OL out for terrible play it seemed like they had their best 3 game span then went back to what they were doing before. I remember Franklin talking about it afterwards where he said he did not appreciate being called out like that but when asked why then did they play better after being called out he didn't really have a response. So yeah I think these guys are like any of us when we get called out it kind of fires us up to go out and do our best sometimes.

Hopefully he continues.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Schofield has never stopped fighting .. My guess that is why the coaches have not stop believing in him .. Guard I am sure after this year

Manimal Sighting

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schofield has never stopped fighting .. My guess that is why the coaches have not stop believing in him .. Guard I am sure after this year
Sounds like he has a case of the Ben Garlands