• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vs Steelers game thread

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just catch the damn ball. DT at the 10 yard line, Fowler, Saunders and the biggest whiff was CJ out of the backfield with one player to beat on that side of the field.

Who is Saunders?

Is that you Mingo? ;)

Hillman dropped one too..

We need to get Norwood or Latimer more involved. They have great hands.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if we're naming names, Caldwell also had a drop.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if we're naming names, Caldwell also had a drop.

Add it in the dropsie club.

I missed Caldwell dropping one, but hell we dropped so many I lost track.

Fowler, DT, Sanders, Hillman, CJ Anderson (looked like Vernon Davis there), Caldwell

Virgil, Daniels and Latimer , Norwood caught everything thrown their way though..

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leonte Carroo to the Denver Broncos Campaign 2016 NFL Draft. Please lord!

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add it in the dropsie club.

I missed Caldwell dropping one, but hell we dropped so many I lost track.
I must have been hallucinating According to DPO:
No team in the NFL had more dropped passes in a game this season. Emmanuel Sanders and Bennie Fowler dropped two apiece; C.J. Anderson, Demaryius Thomas and Ronnie Hillman also dropped one.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever I'm fucking done with all you people anyway you wont see me on this board any longer.

Denver continues to choke in big games and it's never gonna change because people like you just say there's always next year and blow it off.

You all are so willing to eat up anything this team does because you can't admit when this team is outmatched. Denver isn't the best team in the league and they continue to prove it week after week.

Of course according to you people it doesn't matter if we win the SB or not you're just happy to make it along for the ride.

Denver has real problems but as long as they're winning close games everyone ignores them because at least they're making it. That is until they get their asses whopped and everyone acts blindsided by it and wonders how it could happen.
Wow. Maybe we should actually consider intervention here. He could possibly hurt himself and we missed the signs. Oh well, can't save everyone.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I must have been hallucinating According to DPO:
No team in the NFL had more dropped passes in a game this season. Emmanuel Sanders and Bennie Fowler dropped two apiece; C.J. Anderson, Demaryius Thomas and Ronnie Hillman also dropped one.

Gotta figure good teams find ways to win games fighting through adversity like this tonight.

I am so excited I could just squeeze Mingo right now.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all honesty. I hope Duffman is ok. I hope he takes some time to cool off as right now I don't think his mind is thinking correctly. Maybe take a few days off and come back here better then ever.

Or he could be an Eddie Kennison and quit on us and his team.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some people are destined to continuously be disappointed because they demand perfection. Those like Duff can't appreciate a win because they are always looking for the perfectly played game. ....... that rarely ever comes. Anything short of that perfection is seen as a loss, no matter what.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some people are destined to continuously be disappointed because they demand perfection. Those like Duff can't appreciate a win because they are always looking for the perfectly played game. ....... that rarely ever comes. Anything short of that perfection is seen as a loss, no matter what.

Sadly this is very common when it comes to fanbases. I mean at this point of the season are we expecting to blow anyone out of the water? You should know our team better by now.

I think a lot of people expected with Brown, Williams and banged up Roethelisberger this game should have been a cake walk, but if you know anything about the Steelers you know they too are always in close games.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've learned long ago not to expect perfection from this team. There have been many wins I witnessed that would stop the heart of an elephant.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great game gentlemen!

Sad to see the season end, but glad they made it farther than everyone said they would. Proud of my team to fight through the adversity they were faced with.

But hats off to the Broncs! They fought hard and played tough! Now do us all a favor and kick the shit out the of the Patsies in the AFCCG!!!!

Good luck gents! :suds:

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats Broncos fans, y'all were better today. :yo:

Now please, PLEASE, go out there and kick New England's ass, I can assure you that Steeler nation is rooting the Broncos on!

Thank you I was going to Root for the Steelers had they won today .. I hate the Patriots ..

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That first TD was not a Score by the Steelers was a fumble out of the end zone and should of been Broncos ball at the 20Yard line . The big run Miller was holding also.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to stick up for my current favorite Bronco WR and say that Fowler did not drop 2 passes ... Yes, I saw the plays, and you could argue either way for one of them, but unless I missed something when I was fixing food and going back and forth from the kitchen, I'm gonna disagree here ..

Fowler make a great catch over the middle and, as he always does, knocks defenders down and drags them along for 5 extra yards ..

Love the guy

DownSetHutch

d-_-b
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, there are a few things to address in this thread, so first things first.

Thanks to all the Steelers fans for being classy good fans. I thought with all of the injuries that the Steelers had that the Broncos would have a little easier time in this game. I should have known better. The Steelers are better than I thought, are well-coached, have some serious depth, and showed a lot of heart. I'm glad we don't have to play you all again. And I hope we do exactly what many of you want to see: beat the Patriots and win it all.

As for the game, I didn't like how we came out unaggressive on defense. That put us in a hole, as the Steelers recievers found soft spots in the zone that resulted in some big plays for them. Our run defense, however, was nails. Our pass rush didn't show much until late in the game. We'll need to get more pressure on Brady than we did on Ben today for sure. Offensively, we were too predictable. On some of those run plays, we need to run play-action pass. There were too many times that I knew what we were going to run, and it looked like the Steelers did too. And I know that Belichick and the Patriot defense will be able to predict too many of our plays if we don't get a little more creative on the play-calling. That's an advantage that we don't need to give them. Oh, and one more thing on the negative side. The drops - holy crap! I hope we got those out of our system today.

Once again, we showed heart and determination. This team is truly battle-tested. Imagine what we could do if we put a full game together. This team, with all its short-comings, could be scary good. The defense, in holding the prolific Steeler offense to 16 points, was awesome, as we have come to both expect and rely upon. However, they may have actually been outshined by the Special Teams. Wow, that is the best I can remember our ST playing for an entire game. They were great, and we needed them to be. Huge respect for how they played today. 5 for 5 on FGs, pinning the Steelers deep in their own territory multiple times, etc.

Great game today. We did what we needed to, to win.

As for Duffman and his emotional immaturity and poor attitude towards other Broncos fans, I say, "Hit the bricks, kid." The constant negativity I can (barely) tolerate, but when someone starts telling other people how and what they think, and then adds insults to the mix, they can just go away as far as I'm concerned. Good luck to him in finding some peace. I think he'll need it.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe things would be better if I was a blind homer like the rest of you idiots.

Try and take a deep breath and say we have beat some damn fine teams think of all them and smile .. By the way life is not perfect enjoy what little fun we get along the way .. This is a fun day enjoy

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever I'm fucking done with all you people anyway you wont see me on this board any longer.

Denver continues to choke in big games and it's never gonna change because people like you just say there's always next year and blow it off.

You all are so willing to eat up anything this team does because you can't admit when this team is outmatched. Denver isn't the best team in the league and they continue to prove it week after week.

Of course according to you people it doesn't matter if we win the SB or not you're just happy to make it along for the ride.

Denver has real problems but as long as they're winning close games everyone ignores them because at least they're making it. That is until they get their asses whopped and everyone acts blindsided by it and wonders how it could happen.

Duffman, part of what makes these boards interesting and worthwhile is the difference of opinions, so in speaking for myself, I am glad to post the things you do ..

We are not going to agree on everything, and IMHO, there are some valid points you make ...

Personally, I agree with you in that it is embarrassing to get blown out in a SB or Championship game .. I wish the SB vs the Hawks never happened, as it turned out to be a sad way for Champ to end his career, and for Knowshon to go out a Bronco ..

Sometimes it is better to get dumped after the second date as opposed to getting stood up at the altar ..

With that said, the 97-98 Broncos looked awful in that game in Miami, a week after the Giants beat them to end the perfect season ....

I think we should respect each others opinion, but that doesn't mean we must resort to name calling - from either side

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to stick up for my current favorite Bronco WR and say that Fowler did not drop 2 passes ... Yes, I saw the plays, and you could argue either way for one of them, but unless I missed something when I was fixing food and going back and forth from the kitchen, I'm gonna disagree here ..

Fowler make a great catch over the middle and, as he always does, knocks defenders down and drags them along for 5 extra yards ..

Love the guy

He is a stud I love him also!!!!!!!!!!!!!!