• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL voting for some new guidelines

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so far here is where we stand
i am only going with differences here , the others everyone agree on

politics 5 no politics 2 yes

smack talk 5 nuetrals 2 stays

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) be respectful no personal attacks or insults,name calling yes or no...fuck no, what are ya, fucktarded?

2) keep posts relevant to the topic yes or no...I love the blues, but also fishing.

3) limit threads of similar topics yes or no...I think I'll start a thread for this one, see what people think.

4) keeping the off topic lounge yes or no... I say keep it, but put it in here.

5) keeping politics off the board yes or no...REDSKINS' LIVES MATTER!!!

6) allowing adult language yes or no...cunts

7) trolling yes or no...Obviously, I'm a no on that one. Grow up, people!

8) spamming yes or no...You guise wanna buy some affordable, high-quality jerseys?

9) stalking yes or no...You have a lovely family.

10 ) bullying yes or no...shut up, and give me all your vcash!

11) smack talk thread , stay or go yes or no...Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

:happy:
giphy.gif

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think politics should be allowed during the off season to give us a reason to keep talking. March to July is a boring ass time around here save for the draft.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think politics should be allowed during the off season to give us a reason to keep talking. March to July is a boring ass time around here save for the draft.

vote for what you want the polls will stay open for another week and then what happens , happens

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No to everything bad, yes to everything good is my vote.

Honestly skinsdad, Politics, “being respectful (with) no personal attacks or insults,” and adult language arent moderated with any particular hard and fast rules here anyway.

Just ask the numerous posters who got their panties in a bunch over something I wrote.

Constantly complaining that I havent been banned for something or other.

The name change thread is nothing but politics.

That being said - I thank you for being the mod, and am good with whatever you decide.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No to everything bad, yes to everything good is my vote.

Honestly skinsdad, Politics, “being respectful (with) no personal attacks or insults,” and adult language arent moderated with any particular hard and fast rules here anyway.

Just ask the numerous posters who got their panties in a bunch over something I wrote.

Constantly complaining that I havent been banned for something or other.

The name change thread is nothing but politics.

That being said - I thank you for being the mod, and am good with whatever you decide.
well you should vote . because enforcement will be different . and i want you guys to choose instead of me dictating

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so far the official vote is

6 no politics 2 no politics and a couple of non voted neutrals

the smack talk thread

5 neutrals , 2 stay 1 go

all the rest we are in total agreement

i hope you all understand that enforcement will be very different from the past with little leeway . i have a few posters that if you give a warning or 2 out they comply but dont get butt hurt if i take action if you continually ignore the standards

in the end we had posters decide the rules

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
polls will stay open for another week i was thinking name change announcement was coming with an actual name so all the changes will take place at one time

we will have to find some one that can redo the banner with the new name and of course a vote for the banner will be coming

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
polls will stay open for another week i was thinking name change announcement was coming with an actual name so all the changes will take place at one time

we will have to find some one that can redo the banner with the new name and of course a vote for the banner will be coming
It's been more than a week.

If you're having any doubt about shutting down politics - we had the same issue at an Orioles site (yes, I'm unfortunate/stupid enough to be both a Skins and O's fan) today, and this is what the owner/moderator (who's very similar to you in political views) chose after putting it up to discussion: https://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/index.php?/topic/38669-future-of-the-hangout/

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been more than a week.

If you're having any doubt about shutting down politics - we had the same issue at an Orioles site (yes, I'm unfortunate/stupid enough to be both a Skins and O's fan) today, and this is what the owner/moderator (who's very similar to you in political views) chose after putting it up to discussion: https://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/index.php?/topic/38669-future-of-the-hangout/

i will keep it open a little bit longer i want to make sure everyone who has a POV , has the chance to express it . so express your POV or dont

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am in the process of changing the forum guidelines on this site

here is what we are going to vote on

the first guideline is
1) be respectful no personal attacks or insults,name calling yes or no: yes

2) keep posts relevant to the topic yes or no: yes

3) limit threads of similar topics yes or no: yes

4) keeping the off topic lounge yes or no: sure

5) keeping politics off the board yes or no: kind of tuff these days when the sports teams can’t. I vote no

6) allowing adult language yes or no: Allowed

7) trolling yes or no: no

8) spamming yes or no: no

9) stalking yes or no: no

10 ) bullying yes or no: no

11) smack talk thread , stay or go yes or no: stay

these guidelines have basically been in place for 9 yrs . its time to revisit them and the majority will win out . the moderator will not vote . in case of a tie the moderator will break a tie

this poll is for the regular users . if you left i dont see you getting a say in it i know who the regulars are , even the ones from different teams

so its up to

Decided to vote after all.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My vote stays at no to politics ... right now we see the same thing we saw before where two or three people argue their point back and forth like they are going to come to a conclusion. What is the point ... none of these differences of opinion are going to be solved. People feel how they feel, reading it 500 times from each person doesn't change a thing. This forum has lost a lot of people that were good contributors to this forum for years because this went unchecked. It was kept to one thread but now it is just in any old thread. You are going to lose a couple more until you get a consensus of 4 or 5 who want to talk about it. It is all tiring.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My vote stays at no to politics ... right now we see the same thing we saw before where two or three people argue their point back and forth like they are going to come to a conclusion. What is the point ... none of these differences of opinion are going to be solved. People feel how they feel, reading it 500 times from each person doesn't change a thing. This forum has lost a lot of people that were good contributors to this forum for years because this went unchecked. It was kept to one thread but now it is just in any old thread. You are going to lose a couple more until you get a consensus of 4 or 5 who want to talk about it. It is all tiring.

Actually, Breed is trying to tell me I am arguing things I am not. He is trying to tell me conservative positions but in a condescending and flat out wrong discussion.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My friend, all of these Washington threads repeat so much over and over again and it really gets old from all posters. I've been guilty of this too so I'm not referring to anyone in particular.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put your vote in

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My friend, all of these Washington threads repeat so much over and over again and it really gets old from all posters. I've been guilty of this too so I'm not referring to anyone in particular.

Yeah, I realize that. I don't mind the rehashing. There is not a lot to talk about until they actually start playing. This year is a bit different.

I am just stating my stance on political discussion. I used to pop in the Politics thread from time to time just to tease the guys good naturedly by saying "page 164, anyone change their minds yet?"

It's the same on Facebook, some folks go over and over the same things again like their detractors are going to change their minds. I think some of us just want to find a place or two where we don't have to deal with the political and social stuff for a few minutes. I just want to come here and talk about football.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I realize that. I don't mind the rehashing. There is not a lot to talk about until they actually start playing. This year is a bit different.

I am just stating my stance on political discussion. I used to pop in the Politics thread from time to time just to tease the guys good naturedly by saying "page 164, anyone change their minds yet?"

It's the same on Facebook, some folks go over and over the same things again like their detractors are going to change their minds. I think some of us just want to find a place or two where we don't have to deal with the political and social stuff for a few minutes. I just want to come here and talk about football.

I hear you man. This year is definitely different and unfortunately I think it's going to remain this way for quite awhile no matter what the topic might be. As you said, there is not a lot to talk about until they actually start playing. I don't discuss politics or religion openly on social media even though I have strong feelings about both. Whatever the voters decide to do here I will try to follow the rules. Stay well my friend.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This^^^^^^