• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

VOTE NOW! New Lions banner

Which banner should rep the D on the Hoop?

• A

Votes: 21 58.3%
  • B

Votes: 15 41.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Till he caught Mr. Wearingmore out behind the shed, stoned to the begeesus.

black_magic

Mass Debater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im just happy that our banner is better than the Vikings board banner. Honestly, their banner sucks hahaha

K.J.Ester

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So are we stuck with this banner then? Is it official now? I have to see everything I DONT want the Lions to be about as the banner? The only truly dirty play by Suh is displayed. Stafford dancing with girls has nothing to do with football. I want a Lions Banner, not some variation of a Jersey Shore banner. All I was wanting was a banner that lifted the Lions image up, not giving trolls a reason to roll their eyes and scoff at us.

Please change it to one of these, but dont leave it as this one. I beg you!

121akph.jpg

Lionsbanner-clean-2.jpg

I dont care which one. Create one that combines them. Create one with stick drawings as Lions players, I dont care. I just want a banner that displays the team I am proud to be a fan of, not ashamed of. If it stays the same, I seriously would have to think hard if I want to continue coming here. That's not what I want to be a part of promoting and supporting. I would seriously rather have the Vikings banner than the one we display with Staff pimping it up and Suh stomping on another player.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I was wanting was a banner that lifted the Lions image up, not giving trolls a reason to roll their eyes and scoff at us.

I say let them :rollseyes: and scoff.

They won't be doing it for long.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other fans on this site love our banner. In fact I've handed out my buddy's email to do banners for other teams here from fans who have asked.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I now vote to keep the current banner.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not what I want to be a part of promoting and supporting. I would seriously rather have the Vikings banner than the one we display with Staff pimping it up and Suh stomping on another player.

matt-stafford-03.jpg

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a sweet tube tv in the background there. ;)

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was Staff in junior high? Or was this yesterday? (I hope it was yesterday)

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice! Looks like he's ready for the opener. Tailgating already....

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its just a banner man, who cares.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give thr trolls some ammo. They only hate because Suh is not playing for them!!

If Suh is the A.J Piersinski of football awesome!!

K.J.Ester

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, unlike some of you, I am not proud of the image this banner portrays. I am not glad Suh did what he did and I am not wanting to condone that kind of football. I am not the partying type and dont agree with getting drunk or groining some chics butt in public. I know many think it is cool and would find me boring, but I will stick to my beliefs. It doesnt bother me to post a picture that crosses those lines as a joke. I have let my sense of humor get the best of me and posted the banner with the Lions humping the other teams mascots. But somehow I feel it is going too far to display that kind of attitude as our banner where everyone who comes to our boards will see it no matter what thread they go into. Displaying a joke here and there is one thing. Displaying it as the billboard of our team I cant accept.

You may think its going overboard to act like this over a banner. I think its well overboard to display that as our banner. If other fans like it that is fine. That does not mean every fan likes it. The ones who asked you to make one like it but they are not the voice for all of the fans of their teams. I dont like it and if you go back and read the posts, there were others who said they didnt want the Suh stomp or Matt pimping it up on the banner either.

Obviously the attitude here is that if you like it, it doesnt matter that others find it offensive and its too much to find a banner that everyone would like. Obviously if it doesnt have that crap on it, then you dont like it because its not the Lions you want to promote and be a fan of, but the dirty plays and the partying is all that is important.

To me? Yes, I was ashamed of the stomp and it was the only play I could not defend Suh over. I am ashamed that our banner is about the dirty play and sexuality rather than promoting the team we love while teams I cant stand like the Vikqueens have more class and at least attempted to display a cool banner that is about their team rather than the things their team does wrong. Why not display the mug shots of the players who were arrested in recent years?

Unlike Shoktart, I am one who is willing to stick to his word and stand by his beliefs. This banner does bother me because that is not what I am looking to promote or be a fan of. I guess I will stick with M-live. It doesnt matter because I dont have a whole lot of time to leave many posts these days anyway.

I do not mean to lump everyone in the same boat. I know there are others who do not like what this banner displays as well. So please dont think I am saying everyone here is like this.

If anyone is ever over at M-Live, feel free to say Hi if you see me. Im Kenja824 over there.