• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Von Miller traded to Rams

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Battlelyon , my frenemy .

Can i ask you a question?

Are you okay with going all in at the cost of you guys being one of the worst 10 years from now?
The Rams were bad for 15+ years with all their picks.

It’s all about the regime.

The Rams know how to find great players in the 3rd round and later. They are so-so with 2nd rounders ( Akers and Jefferson good, Atwell bad ).

They haven’t used a 1st rounder with McVay yet, so no history there.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Miller leaves through Free Agency Denver gets a 3rd round comp pick(which is at the end of the round) at best and still has to pay his salary for this year. By trading him they essentially lose whatever production he would’ve had this year for a higher 3rd round pick and a 2nd round pick.

If they trade him to a team that would eat his salary they end up with a 3rd round pick only it’s not a comp so it would likely be towards the end of the 3rd round anyway(he’s not getting traded to someone who isn’t a contender let’s be honest).

Denver essentially paid 9m for an extra 2nd round pick and a higher 3rd. How is that a loss?
IMO It’s horrible. So why not just trade every good player on your team? Because you don’t give up on seasons. They are precious and you never know what may happen. You were in the possible mix for a playoff spot (maybe not likely but possible) and gave up one of your best players for what will be a 2nd (almost early 3rd) and 3rd ( almost early 4th) round pick. You basically gave up on a season for a couple of decent picks and would have had one as a comp pick anyway. That would been borderline if you didn’t also pay his salary. Seeing as you did This was just horrible. So You kind of traded away a season for a very late 2nd round pick. I can’t believe the Rams wouldn’t have gone higher or paid more salary if pushed. Denver got taught a lesson and McVie has probably been giggling since it went through

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
willem dafoe smile GIF

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO It’s horrible. So why not just trade every good player on your team? Because you don’t give up on seasons. They are precious and you never know what may happen. You were in the possible mix for a playoff spot (maybe not likely but possible) and gave up one of your best players for what will be a 2nd (almost early 3rd) and 3rd ( almost early 4th) round pick. You basically gave up on a season for a couple of decent picks and would have had one as a comp pick anyway. That would been borderline if you didn’t also pay his salary. Seeing as you did This was just horrible. So You kind of traded away a season for a very late 2nd round pick. I can’t believe the Rams wouldn’t have gone higher or paid more salary if pushed. Denver got taught a lesson and McVie has probably been giggling since it went through
The comp pick evidently would only be a third.

Miller is at a career low in snap % and Denver has two first year linebackers that can take his time on the field.

I don’t look at it as giving up on the season. Great trade for them IMO.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The comp pick evidently would only be a third.

Miller is at a career low in snap % and Denver has two first year linebackers that can take his time on the field.

I don’t look at it as giving up on the season. Great trade for them IMO.
I hope it works out for Den. I kind of read it as Denver doing Miller a favor.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe the complementary pick ceiling for Miller would be a 5th round pick based on age and NFL experience. This will now apply to the Rams instead of the Broncos should Miller not extend his deal with the Rams.

I could be wrong.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe the complementary pick ceiling for Miller would be a 5th round pick based on age and NFL experience. This will now apply to the Rams instead of the Broncos should Miller not extend his deal with the Rams.

I could be wrong.

Actually, I don't think a player of his age qualifies as a comp pick. After signing with the Ravens, Matt Birk garnered no comp pick for the Vikings in 2009 because he was 32, which is Von Miller's age now.

The rules may have changed since then, but players over 30 don't get a lot of compensation.

Hell, did Brady get the Pats a comp pick?

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, I don't think a player of his age qualifies as a comp pick. After signing with the Ravens, Matt Birk garnered no comp pick for the Vikings in 2009 because he was 32, which is Von Miller's age now.

The rules may have changed since then, but players over 30 don't get a lot of compensation.

Age/experience used to decrease the value of a potential compensatory pick. The maximum for a 10 year veteran was reduced from a 3rd to a 5th. Brady's age could have reduced it further, (if the Patriots didn't spend money elsewhere negating a 6th or 7th). I don't remember how much salary was required to trigger a pick in 2011. A $4M average might have been borderline even for a younger player. Accounting for age Birk might have needed a 5th round compensatory pick size salary just to garner a 7th round pick.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you watched Denver this year? They aren’t good. They might be favored in one game the rest of the year (Lions). As a fan, I’m really pleased with the moves their first year GM has made - and I hope he jettisons more players today. It’s time for a true rebuild, not tinkering with a broken down machine.

I’d also point out that whatever comp pick they would get would be in 2023. The 2nd and 3rd are in 2022.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Losing Tom Brady in free agency last year didn't work out so well for New England during the 2020 season. However, they will be getting one small consolation prize thanks to Brady's exit and that prize came on Wednesday when the Patriots were awarded the highest compensatory pick of any team for the 2021 NFL Draft.

96th pick ronnie perkins

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Von miller hasnt been relevant since 2018 he is a 32 year old linebacker with a busted ankle. Most players outside of QB when they hit 32+ years old with recent injuries do not bring a ton to the table. Julio Jones is not great probably not even good anymore and the same thing with JJ Watt these once great players are on the downhill of their careers.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Von miller hasnt been relevant since 2018 he is a 32 year old linebacker with a busted ankle. Most players outside of QB when they hit 32+ years old with recent injuries do not bring a ton to the table. Julio Jones is not great probably not even good anymore and the same thing with JJ Watt these once great players are on the downhill of their careers.

Lmao
20211101_172440.jpg

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. NFC is locked up for the Rams. Every other team needs to shut it down and play for next year. Im hoping the Cards shut down Kyler for the year and just play for next year. Seattle and Wilson should consider the same.

Can somebody please start a “ Who will be playing the Rams in the SB” thread? I just don't have the energy to do it myself. way too depressed.

Any reports on Kyler? He looked pretty gimpy by the end of the game Thursday.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing Tom Brady in free agency last year didn't work out so well for New England during the 2020 season. However, they will be getting one small consolation prize thanks to Brady's exit and that prize came on Wednesday when the Patriots were awarded the highest compensatory pick of any team for the 2021 NFL Draft.

96th pick ronnie perkins

Thanks.