• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Von Miller says "no chance" he plays on the FT

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miller has leverage threatening to sit out if he gets the FT but that leverage dissapates once the season starts.

The truth of the matter is that sitting out is just not that great an option. It is very hard for a player to recoup the lost earning potential of a prime age season.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miller has leverage threatening to sit out if he gets the FT but that leverage dissapates once the season starts.

The truth of the matter is that sitting out is just not that great an option. It is very hard for a player to recoup the lost earning potential of a prime age season.
Yep, players are not very likely able to recoup those potential lost wages. It takes a lot of resolve for a player to sit out. Thus the reason most don't, at least not for an extended period. If they have the stamina and determination to hold out 8 games and the team is struggling at that point? Some of that leverage goes back to the player. They'lll find a happy medium or this may go down as one of Denver's biggest mistakes.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, players are not very likely able to recoup those potential lost wages. It takes a lot of resolve for a player to sit out. Thus the reason most don't, at least not for an extended period. If they have the stamina and determination to hold out 8 games and the team is struggling at that point? Some of that leverage goes back to the player. They'lll find a happy medium or this may go down as one of Denver's biggest mistakes.

I understand where he's coming from, but VM is best served to STFU and let this play out between his agent and Elway...he's not going to force anybody's hand chirping in the media.

RazorsEdge

Go Local Sports Team
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,626.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand where he's coming from, but VM is best served to STFU and let this play out between his agent and Elway...he's not going to force anybody's hand chirping in the media.
Especially not Elway. He don't give a fuck.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right. Making things public is always a bad decision. The only thing worse is when a player leaves a team and he wants to put that team on blast.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Especially not Elway. He don't give a fuck.

Yep...he's got plenty of cash, and a few rings now...but he is loyal to Bowlen though and wouldn't want to screw the franchise or the fans...Miller's leverage is his play on the field....that's it.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not only the money, it's hard to regain that momentum or level of play when you've been distracted from the flow of things and fall behind because of it....Anyone remember CJ 2K ???? Had a great season for the Titans sat out too long and never regained that level again.....It's chancy to say the least...

Beaker

Dragon's Bane
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right. Making things public is always a bad decision. The only thing worse is when a player leaves a team and he wants to put that team on blast.
Are you kidding? I fucking love it when players do that! It's great! Hell, I even enjoyed it when Greg Jennings talked all sorts of shit after leaving the Packers. It's always really entertaining.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Franchise tag is fucking stupid. So you got the solid players who get bumped because they're essential but the stars have the franchise tag looming over their head. Just get rid of it. There's obviously lots of teams that would open the vault for him and he's the guy sacrificing his body.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you kidding? I fucking love it when players do that! It's great! Hell, I even enjoyed it when Greg Jennings talked all sorts of shit after leaving the Packers. It's always really entertaining.
I happen to think it's childish. I guess in a sad way it's kind of comical? Grown men acting like little bitches. I didn't get my way so, so and so sucked...

Beaker

Dragon's Bane
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I happen to think it's childish. I guess in a sad way it's kind of comical? Grown men acting like little bitches. I didn't get my way so, so and so sucked...
I don't disagree with any of that. I still find it funny though.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hear grown men bitch about what they're getting paid daily. Some of them actually have a point. The difference here is that our entertainment is their job. That franchise tag will probably cost him 20 mill+ right now in guaranteed money. I'd be bitching too.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Franchise tag is fucking stupid. So you got the solid players who get bumped because they're essential but the stars have the franchise tag looming over their head. Just get rid of it. There's obviously lots of teams that would open the vault for him and he's the guy sacrificing his body.

Yes and no imo.

Yes...WAS, imo it's a win/win for the team and player. Cousins gets more money than he's made in the previous 4 yrs combined, probably was not going to make that much as a FA this season either. "Skins get another look at a small sample player before investing $80-$100 mil.

NO...DEN, works for the team, not so much for the player...proven stud in the prime of his career, should be cashing in on $60 mil guaranteed, but forced to play for the tag.

Bottomline...the CBA is full of give and takes...this one favors the team most of the time.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes and no imo.

Yes...WAS, imo it's a win/win for the team and player. Cousins gets more money than he's made in the previous 4 yrs combined, probably was not going to make that much as a FA this season either. "Skins get another look at a small sample player before investing $80-$100 mil.

NO...DEN, works for the team, not so much for the player...proven stud in the prime of his career, should be cashing in on $60 mil guaranteed, but forced to play for the tag.

Bottomline...the CBA is full of give and takes...this one favors the team most of the time.

Actually I think Cousins on the open market easily makes as much as the FT per year if not more with probably at least the first 2 years guaranteed and maybe the 3rd as well. I mean he had more starts and greater success than Brock Osweiler and Osweiler got $18 million a year even after playing below average. So I do think the FT possibly cost Cousins a ton of money. Now if he goes out and has a similar year to what he did last year then he will make some major money and it is a moot point but if he stinks or gets injured yeah to me the FT cost him probably $18-30 million.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I think Cousins on the open market easily makes as much as the FT per year if not more with probably at least the first 2 years guaranteed and maybe the 3rd as well. I mean he had more starts and greater success than Brock Osweiler and Osweiler got $18 million a year even after playing below average. So I do think the FT possibly cost Cousins a ton of money. Now if he goes out and has a similar year to what he did last year then he will make some major money and it is a moot point but if he stinks or gets injured yeah to me the FT cost him probably $18-30 million.

Good points, but everyone seems to think HOU overpaid considerably for Osweiler...at the same time HOU probably felt they were close enough to really competing for the DIV again and perhaps more with another WR so they took the risk....I think Cousins gets a good offer when you consider NYJ, DEN, etc were in the market, but I'm not sure if he gets $20 mil in '16...overall, yes, he probably gets a guarantee for more than $20mil over a 3 to 4 yr deal, but I don't think anybody else would invest like HOU did on such a short sample.